Spyder Garage

Default Garmon 660 Dash mount

Does any one have a link to a video that Lamont made that he installed the Garmin 660 on the dash using the volt meter hole as a access? Thanks Bob

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    This is something new for your phone. I see he mounted his Garmin 665 0n the top of his dash on this Rt. The RT he had before this one, he installed the Garmin in the place of the Volt meter. He removed the meter and installed a mount through the dash. Maybe some one has information on what they did for the newer mount on top of the dash also. Thanks again. Bob

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

JT has a mount for the top of the dash.http://gnipsel.com/spyderstore/index...&product_id=50
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by recordingguy View Post
    This is something new for your phone. I see he mounted his Garmin 665 0n the top of his dash on this Rt. The RT he had before this one, he installed the Garmin in the place of the Volt meter. He removed the meter and installed a mount through the dash. Maybe some one has information on what they did for the newer mount on top of the dash also. Thanks again. Bob
    I don't recall Lamont doing that. Maybe your thinking of my video doing that?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...V-outlet-video

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Bob thank you for getting back to my thread. You were right about your video. For some reason I thought of Lamont as the one that come up with the install video. Sorry about that. Have a question for you. I have the Garmin 665 and have the BRP install on the handle bar center. Can I use the wiring harness that is from Garmin when I move the GPS to the gage port like you did. I plan on using the Gas gage port on the right. Seems to me that the wires would have a shorter distance to be rerouted. May be you can give me some insight on this. Bob PS Bob a replied back on your old post by mistake so my question is also their. Sorry

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by recordingguy View Post
    Bob thank you for getting back to my thread. You were right about your video. For some reason I thought of Lamont as the one that come up with the install video. Sorry about that. Have a question for you. I have the Garmin 665 and have the BRP install on the handle bar center. Can I use the wiring harness that is from Garmin when I move the GPS to the gage port like you did. I plan on using the Gas gage port on the right. Seems to me that the wires would have a shorter distance to be rerouted. May be you can give me some insight on this. Bob PS Bob a replied back on your old post by mistake so my question is also their. Sorry
    Since it's my video your talking about, lets keep the convo on my post in the DIY section.

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 03-05-2015 at 06:01 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black