Spyder Garage

Default DHS......What A Joke

Ever been to the Department Of homeland Security site?

If not >>>> http://www.dhs.gov/

How about this...

They have a "if you see something, say something" page.... http://www.dhs.gov/see-something-say-something

Which basically says "Call 911" !!!!!

Why the heck do they need funding??? Why are they even a department????

Really?

This freaking admin is just wasting sooooo much of our money.

I didn't have a clue til I tried to report something today, I guess that is why they get away w such things.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

DHS was created by the previous administration, like it or not. Once formed, these departments are very difficult to undo. And yes, I worked in Washington DC for a bit.

Spyder Garage

Okay, this admin and last wasting money...

Spyder Garage

Default Don't start...

relax...they are there to do what all the others departments do but don't ruffle their feathers or they will use you to justify their exsistance..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

DHS -- is a money drain ... which fills the pockets of politician's friends & relatives..

osm

Spyder Garage

Good post. ^^^^

Spyder Garage

Now you did it DHS told me to tell you

2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Let's try to remember that the Coast Guard was moved from defense to DHS.
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acinpcola View Post
    Let's try to remember that the Coast Guard was moved from defense to DHS.
    The Coast Guard was under the Department of Transportation during peacetime before being transferred to DHS.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    DHS was created by the previous administration, like it or not. Once formed, these departments are very difficult to undo. And yes, I worked in Washington DC for a bit.
    DHS wasn't created by any administration. It was first proposed by the U.S. Commission on National Security/21st Century in January 2001, chartered by then SecDef William Cohen in 1998. It was created on November 25, 2002, by the Homeland Security Act of 2002 as a direct result of the September 11th terrorist attack.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    DHS wasn't created by any administration. It was first proposed by the U.S. Commission on National Security/21st Century in January 2001, chartered by then SecDef William Cohen in 1998. It was created on November 25, 2002, by the Homeland Security Act of 2002 as a direct result of the September 11th terrorist attack.
    ....And Congress creates laws and approves any "Department" before they fund it not "The Administration". Civics 101
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The President proposes to create a new Department of Homeland Security, the most significant transformation of the U.S. government in over half-century by largely transforming and realigning the current confusing patchwork of government activities into a single department whose primary mission is to protect our homeland. The creation of a Department of Homeland Security is one more key step in the President’s national strategy for homeland security."
    -From the Department of Homeland Security June 2002 - George W. Bush

Last Published Date: August 9, 2012

You can keep splitting hairs about who did what - this is taken directly from dhs.gov

Spyder Garage

there are so many things going on right now and i can't discuses them with friends on this forum because it becomes bitter and fighting starts. i really wish there was a anything goes forum where we can discuss every day happenings w/o worrying what people say
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    The President proposes to create a new Department of Homeland Security, the most significant transformation of the U.S. government in over half-century by largely transforming and realigning the current confusing patchwork of government activities into a single department whose primary mission is to protect our homeland. The creation of a Department of Homeland Security is one more key step in the President’s national strategy for homeland security."
    -From the Department of Homeland Security June 2002 - George W. Bush

Last Published Date: August 9, 2012

You can keep splitting hairs about who did what - this is taken directly from dhs.gov
    I thought that we already had a department to protect our homeland, the Department of Defense, consisting of the Dept of the Army, Navy, Air Force, and the Marine Corps. All DHS does is confuse, conflict, corrupt, and provide government jobs to people who have severe "little big man syndrome" issues. Whenever I go through a airport and see the many DHS employees that outweigh me by a 100 pounds, I think, yeah, I feel really secure with you protecting us.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i really wish there was a anything goes forum where we can discuss every day happenings w/o worrying what people say
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

there are so many things going on right now and i can't discuses them with friends on this forum because it becomes bitter and fighting starts. i really wish there was a anything goes forum where we can discuss every day happenings w/o worrying what people say

Facebook

Spyder Garage

Hi cuz,

Re: i really wish there was a anything goes forum where we can discuss every day happenings w/o worrying what people say

Well, you asked for it: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/foru...m.cgi?forum=35;

I can assure you that it an get nasty in there.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I am not a Mod there but I understand that the only thing not allowed are PA's.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Facebook
    This ain't Facebook.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.