Thread: losing air

Spyder Garage

Default losing air

I have just replaced the rear tire on my 2012 rt limited, and I am now losing air from the rear air bag on the suspention. Do I need to take it to the dealer and have it reprogramed? any ideas? Thank you everyone in advance for all your suggestions. I put air in and did not find any leaks but the bag is emty the next morning.

Spyder Garage

Default air bag

Quote Originally Posted by randyandsandy74 View Post
    I have just replaced the rear tire on my 2012 rt limited, and I am now losing air from the rear air bag on the suspention. Do I need to take it to the dealer and have it reprogramed? any ideas? Thank you everyone in advance for all your suggestions. I put air in and did not find any leaks but the bag is emty the next morning.
    Did you disconnect the ride height module lever before you removed wheel. If notThis could cause airbag damage...

Freebob...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by freebob View Post
    Did you disconnect the ride height module lever before you removed wheel. If notThis could cause airbag damage...

Freebob...
    yes I did disconnect the arm.

Spyder Garage

Default Loss of air...

I loose air all the time.. but thats just me...did you re connect the arm?? If you have no leaks you may need to have it reset. They can be tricky and it may be better to have the dealer check it out...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

check valve under seat and tighten.

Spyder Garage

I hope the problem is one of the suggestions above. But there is a chance that it is unrelated. Unfortunately, leaks in the air suspension system are not uncommon. Mine quite working a while back and I had to replace both the airbag and a hose - under warranty thank goodness.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just had mine replaced a couple of weeks ago. The tech showed me how the seal between the rubber bladder and upper disk broke loose. As has been said the air bladders are a known problem.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)