Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Good to know. I can get this local, what do you guys think?

http://www.batteriesplus.com/product...8-to-2012.aspx

Spyder Garage

do they still have the two year warranty? if so, i would go for it. that's where i'll be getting my next battery.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    do they still have the two year warranty? if so, i would go for it. that's where i'll be getting my next battery.
    Not sure if they do or not. Going to try and get over there today. I will let ya know

Spyder Garage

I just put a -BS battery in my RT. I did not know about the -BS thing until after I had already bought it.

Been in 2 weeks now and no issues so far.

In my video here I explain the -BS thing and what I did to make sure it did not leak.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...a-2010-2012-RT

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=5PYD3R;941376]Good to know. I can get this local, what do you guys think?

http://www.batteriesplus.com/product...8-to-2012.aspx[/QUOTE great battery I have had one for years

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=hondaman;941663]
    Quote Originally Posted by 5PYD3R View Post
    Good to know. I can get this local, what do you guys think?

http://www.batteriesplus.com/product...8-to-2012.aspx[/QUOTE great battery I have had one for years
    Wonder who actually makes it? B+ is a labeler/reseller, not a mfr.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just did a bit of reading and the xtreme permaseal batteries don't seem to do all that great. Lots of reading on short life. However, batteries plus does seem to stand behind them. Take it for what it's worth I guess....I'd still stay away from a battery that has removable caps of any kind. Permaseal sounds good though!...haha

I'm a pretty big Deka fanboy. Most times when it's coming time for a new battery I drive to the factory in PA and just swap one out right there. They also sell "seconds" or "blems" where the case might be a bit scuffed up or have a crooked sticker...lol. these have always worked very well in the past too and are priced right.

Spyder Garage

Managed to get to Batteries plus today. The Xtreme battery has a 1yr warranty and apparently comes to them without the acid. They add it there then put it on the shelf. It it actually cheaper in the store than on their site at $79.99

They have this option also:
    http://www.batteriesplus.com/product...8-to-2012.aspx

2yr warranty and comes sealed from factory. Made in the USA!!! Including the $10 rebate on it, it will be $109.

Only differences I noticed are that the CCA is higher on the Xtreme (by 30) but the Duracell is sealed from factory and Made it USA

What do you guys think?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Only $30 more, sealed, and double warranty? IMHO, that's a no brainer.... Don't over think the CCA for our application.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Only $30 more, sealed, and double warranty? IMHO, that's a no brainer.... Don't over think the CCA for our application.
    Good point. Was kinda starting to think I would be paying mainly for the name but another year warranty is nice!