Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F3 Recall

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Recall

Just received a call from my dealer thinking they were calling to tell me our 2nd F3 was in. Nope, told me about a safety recall. It seems the rear brake line is routed improperly too close to the exhaust. They are emailing me the info now, but wanted to put this out there.
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GunDoctor View Post
    Just received a call from my dealer thinking they were calling to tell me our 2nd F3 was in. Nope, told me about a safety recall. It seems the rear brake line is routed improperly too close to the exhaust. They are emailing me the info now, but wanted to put this out there.
    Would be great if you could copy and paste the email into this thread.

Thx!
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and so it begins.........

Spyder Garage

Sorry to be the messenger, but I'm still waiting for that email. Soon as I get I will post.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

Spyder Garage

Default Bulletin sent for F3 Safety Recall

Here is a detailed view of what the issue is. Don't worry about missing pages, not needed:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GunDoctor; 02-27-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Just checked my bike and I will need to bring in for sure.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

Spyder Garage

Default Unsold units

I am assuming that unsold units sitting in dealerships will get this recall done prior to sale. I haven't bought one yet but I'm getting close and would hope this gets fixed before I buy. Good luck to those who have already gotten theirs and hopefully this get rectified before anybody gets hurt.

Spyder Garage

Default NOT ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    and so it begins.........
    the service manager at my dealer told me that this recall doesn't affect all F3's.... which tells me that they figured it out early in the production run....
    dp

Spyder Garage

Default Better safe than sorry..!!

They are on top of it...so everyone should check and make sure regardless of what they say. If you haven't picked yours up you should be fine.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for info will check mine.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the heads up!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Default Mine

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    They are on top of it...so everyone should check and make sure regardless of what they say. If you haven't picked yours up you should be fine.
    Mine, have as first one to my dealer, but did not pick it up yet, because of weather and accessories. Do you think good idea to ask dealer to check the recall, or will be offended??

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

They won't care they will get paid for it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A Warranty Campaign is not a recall.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default ????

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    A Warranty Campaign is not a recall.
    Ann, what this means? Thanks

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LV2RYDE View Post
    Mine, have as first one to my dealer, but did not pick it up yet, because of weather and accessories. Do you think good idea to ask dealer to check the recall, or will be offended??
    They should do it but ask them anyway. They should never be offended and you should never doubt in asking...[emoji106]
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ann, what this means? Thanks
    It is just a pet peeve of mine. Recalls are when the NHTSA is involved and you would be notified by mail. On warranty campaigns you may not find out until you take your machine in for service.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default They should not be offended . . . . .

. . . and you should not feel embarrassed to ask.

Ann, I am 99% sure that a dealer cannot release a Spyder to a customer without doing any Recall, Warranty Campaigns, or Service Bulletins. If you are concerned that they may have overlooked it, you are doing the right thing in asking about it. It is a basic safety issue.

One approach is it give them a call and ask about your accessories - if they have arrived. And then, " Oh, by the way, I saw there was a notice about some F3s having to be checked for a possible problem with the brake fluid line being exposed to rubbing and failure - was mine inspected for this?"

And then you can follow up when you go in to pick it up. Maybe by then, the VIN# will be posted and you can check your F3's against that.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in NM View Post
    . . . and you should not feel embarrassed to ask.
    then, " Oh, by the way, I saw there was a notice about some F3s having to be checked for a possible problem with the brake fluid line being exposed to rubbing and failure - was mine inspected for this?"
    And then you can follow up when you go in to pick it up. Maybe by then, the VIN# will be posted and you can check your F3's against that.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom
    All & Tom, thanks for great advices. Will do the phone call/email so I use the correct words of safety recall.
    F3 s is my second in less than 9 month ( trading in STL 14), and I'm following F3 threads religiously ( wish the riding position will suit me better). Thanks
    Last edited by LV2RYDE; 02-28-2015 at 08:30 AM.

ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

I just put my VIN # into BRP's safety recall lookup on their website and nothing comes up. Does this mean my bike is not effected? Would "warranty bulletins" be shown on this lookup site? I can't really see and read the wording very well on those attached images.

GunDoctor, what production number is your bike.

Thanks for the info!
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Spyder Garage

RPM. Where would I find that? I just spent about 45 minutes pulling everything apart as noted in the Warranty Bulletin and fixed the issue myself. No big deal, just had to loosen one bolt to pull the slack out of the brake line to line up the two white lines. It was off about an inch and quarter. Only issue is a female nut which is suppose to be sealed to the Tupperware mount for the Right site panel, number 4 in the diagram, fell on the ground when I removed the panel screw out. Had to cement it back since it was pulled through the fastening point. Will see what the dealer can do to fix when we pick up the other F3.

Spyder Garage

RPM. Where would I find that? I just spent about 45 minutes pulling everything apart as noted in the Warranty Bulletin and fixed the issue myself. No big deal, just had to loosen one bolt to pull the slack out of the brake line to line up the two white lines. It was off about an inch and quarter. Only issue is a female nut which is suppose to be sealed to the Tupperware mount for the Right site panel, number 4 in the diagram, fell on the ground when I removed the panel screw out. Had to cement it back since it was pulled through the fastening point. Will see what the dealer can do to fix when we pick up the other F3.
    GunDoc,

Go here and enter your VIN # http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/...in-lookup.html

I put mine in and nothing was stated. I'm curious if your VIN gives you a notice. Can you get a better/higher resolution copy of those pages and send them to me or post them again. I can't really make them out on my end.

Thanks!
    Robert
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Spyder Garage

Because these are PDF files had to convert to .jpg. Email me and I can send them...bugboss55@gmail.com

Spyder Garage

Robert, vin brings up only that it is an F3, no recall info.

Spyder Garage

Because these are PDF files had to convert to .jpg. Email me and I can send them...bugboss55@gmail.com
    Thanks! Email sent to you. Did your VIN pull anything up on BRP's website?