Thread: F3 Accessories

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Accessories

After waiting six months since my order for my Black and Chrome F3S to arrive I am now told by BRP that accessories other than the windshield will not be available until the end of March. I really don't understand selling stuff that you don't really have! All this stuff is prominently featured in the 2015 catalogue to certainly imply it exists
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

I believe we ran into similar problems with the introduction of the 2008 GS. I ended up taking my third choice when it came to color. Waited nine months for my 2008 to show up after putting down a $1,500 deposit. I did get the first one sold to a customer in Alaska though.

Farkles were the same situation. I put lot's of them on, but was a year and a half doing it.

Not a fun situation, but this usually happens when something "new" hits the market.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I believe we ran into similar problems with the introduction of the 2008 GS. I ended up taking my third choice when it came to color. Waited nine months for my 2008 to show up after putting down a $1,500 deposit. I did get the first one sold to a customer in Alaska though.

Farkles were the same situation. I put lot's of them on, but was a year and a half doing it.

Not a fun situation, but this usually happens when something "new" hits the market.

To be fair, Can-Am have brought an entirely new product to the marketplace and the catalog was printed well before
    the F3 hit the streets so they have to have some idea of the volume of sales before they can organise the production
    of the optional accessories. IMHO of course.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    After waiting six months since my order for my Black and Chrome F3S to arrive I am now told by BRP that accessories other than the windshield will not be available until the end of March. I really don't understand selling stuff that you don't really have! All this stuff is prominently featured in the 2015 catalogue to certainly imply it exists
    Ends up that some of those "unavailable " items are actually available but in limited numbers. I was told the same thing about the fog lights and backrest which have been put on other bikes. Bright side I guess is that for about 20% of what BRP wanted I have foglights that for all intents and purposes look factory. I have a chrome push button switch that I might replace with the factory switch.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    Ends up that some of those "unavailable " items are actually available but in limited numbers. I was told the same thing about the fog lights and backrest which have been put on other bikes. Bright side I guess is that for about 20% of what BRP wanted I have foglights that for all intents and purposes look factory. I have a chrome push button switch that I might replace with the factory switch.

CJ JAX
    What did you end up going with for the fog lights and switch? Since everything is pre-wired, I would think there could be a several options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    That's better than what I heard, I heard May.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hal, did you forget that you had to wait for your 2014 also?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Angry BRP Email

Have an email in hand that says it is a shipping problem between vendor and BRP and all orders should be filled by the end of April, check with your dealer for shipping, Waiting on Saddlebags and backrest since Janu ary 26..
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Hal, did you forget that you had to wait for your 2014 also?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGTL View Post
    What did you end up going with for the fog lights and switch? Since everything is pre-wired, I would think there could be a several options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you do a search for AUX lights you will find the info and pics. There are also pics on my profile. PM me if you have any specific questions.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

my misses isn't going to be happy if she hears the backrest is on backorder.

Spyder Garage

I was told the Saddle Bags wouldn't even be to Quebec until April 17th. I've got my Drivers backrest, the passenger backrest my dealer has no idea when I might see that.
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Default Got 2 more accessories today

Had my driver's backrest and auxiliary lights installed today.

Backrest: Completes the recliner. I am now ready for long rides. Really...what a difference.

Auxiliary Lights: Very nice install with the "grill" next to it. There was an earlier thread where someone said it was tacky and then BRP said, "oops!" and fixed it. Well, they did fix it. I am very happy with the appearance of the install. I'll post a pic, perhaps tomorrow when I get some more time.

Only BRP accessory still out: Saddlebags. Dealer says a pretty good chance of an April 24th ship date.
    Hopeful, but not holding my breath.

More later.....
    F3S Steel Black Metallic
    Former owner of '12 RT-S SE-5 and '09 GS SM5

Spyder Garage

It's been two months since I purchased my F3-S, and until today, the only BRP accessories that I had on it were the Blue Ridge windshield (installed when I purchased the Spyder) and the +2 brake rod to put the pegs in the forward-most position. Nothing else was available. Called my dealer and other dealers in the immediate DFW, TX area and a few had the auxiliary lights, but nothing else. I was looking for the lights plus the heated handgrips. I called Louis Powersports, in Greenville, TX, and they had both! We did a nice ride to their place, 80+ miles away, to pick them up. Not only did they have those two items, I believe they had both the driver's and passenger's back rests. On top of that, they give a really nice discount. I know quite a few folks on Spyderlovers have bought Spyders from them. Installation day tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

I ordered my Steel Black SM6 last October, and originally was told probably late March, then that was pushed out to late April, then probably May, then got told the F3s should be here in June, but looks likely the first shipments are the F3S in Red or Magnesium and Black and SE6. So at this stage it is a case of
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Understand the frustration! We are waiting for hubby's front chrome rims, floorboards and saddlebags. Fortunately, our dealer let us pick it up because they won't be in until we are at Spyderfest and he wanted to naturally take his new ryde!!!
    Knees to the breeze!

Our Mods so far:
    Spyderpops Bump Skid & Missing Belt Guard
    Grip Buddies
    Baker Built AirWings
    GloRyder Wheel Lights (Remote Control - on order)
    BajaRon Anti-Sway bar
    John's Seal FloorBoards
    Vanity plates "3Five" - since we bought it for our 35th wedding anniv!

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know how long it takes the dealer to install the fog lights. I got a labor quote for 4 hours but I believe that's based on install in other models. Accessories catalog states "installs easily in minutes"?
    Thanks, Rick

Spyder Garage

Default Fog lights installation

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    Does anyone know how long it takes the dealer to install the fog lights. I got a labor quote for 4 hours but I believe that's based on install in other models. Accessories catalog states "installs easily in minutes"?
    Thanks, Rick
    If they know what they're doing it should only take an hour. I installed them and if I had the right tool to seat the 3 nuts , on each light, it would have been done. This hour includes start to end including paperwork.

Spyder Garage

Default LED Fog Lights

I figured this post works great for this thread, rather than starting a new one.

I have held off so far on the Fog Lights in hope that someone is currently making an LED set that would fit perfectly in the factory fog light location.

Has anyone heard of any aftermarket companies working on this?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    Thanks, Rick
    that is way beyond reasonable. If you ordered light same time you ordered your bike, but arrived late, good dealer should install it free of charge.

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LV2RYDE View Post
    that is way beyond reasonable. If you ordered light same time you ordered your bike, but arrived late, good dealer should install it free of charge.
    You are quite correct. My dealer will install my backordered fog lights free of charge when they get them. If anyone charges for the install... they are not a good dealer in my opinion.

Spyder Garage

Just talked to my parts guy and it looks like the Saddle Bags will be here Mid May and the passenger back rest the End of May.
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Default More

Quote Originally Posted by rpatsh View Post
    Just talked to my parts guy and it looks like the Saddle Bags will be here Mid May and the passenger back rest the End of May.
    today got my driver backrest and driver floorboard.
    saddlebag mid May.

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Same here all parts but saddle bags.