Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Why was thread yanked?

Just wondering what happened to this thread? Someone get PO'd, or did it go so far off Lamont killed it? I had an email notification for a new post but when I clicked on the link it came up with no such thread.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...TSA-RE-2013-RT

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Lamont doesn't want legal action against BRP publicly coordinated through the community he created (at least as I understand it).

I think that's his right, and it is probably in the best interests of all of us. There are other ways to address these issues, and he's certainly allowed great latitude for members to voice their views and complaints.

(This is my assumption, I'm not privy to the facts; I only know what I've read in other posts.)
    Last edited by MRH; 02-27-2015 at 11:45 AM. Reason: typo

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    Lamont doesn't want legal action against BRP publicly coordinated through the community he created (at least as I understand it).

I think that's his right, and it probably in the best interests of all of us. There are other ways to address these issues, and he's certainly allowed great latitude for members to voice their views and complaints.

(This is my assumption, I'm not privy to the facts; I only know what I've read in other posts.)
    Considering the fact Lamont's livelihood depends on his relationship with BRP, both direct and through PitBull, he has been exceedingly tolerant. I laud him for it. He does have his limits. I found that out at the BBQ when I decided to see how much the power in my 2013 RT had been boosted by a cat delete, and proceeded to spin cookies in his parking lot. He yelled at me to stop tearing up his parking lot! I didn't think Nanny would let me spin the rear tire but it did, but that still was no excuse for what I did! So Lamont, I don't know if I apologized back then or not, but in any case I will say here and now I apologize for being so insensitive and messing up your parking lot.

That's why I was asking even though the thread had become a pretty heated BRP bash concerning heat issues with pre 2013 Spyders I didn't see where it had become a "let's sue BRP", unless that happened after the last post I was notified of. That was a response to Blueknight's analogy to a sink P trap.

Was it OldGuyin CT who started the thread? I'm thinking it was and wonder if he got fed up with all the non-2013 comments since he started it specifically about the 2013 recall, and yanked it himself. In that case Lamont would have had nothing to do with it being gone.

Mostly I was just curious because I didn't think it had too far, although awfully close, for Lamont to tolerate, and am thinking it might be a refined marker for us to use in monitoring these kinds of discussions.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

If the thread you are referring to is the one started by OldGuy, he may have deleted it on his own. Sadly, based on some of the replies in that thread, he posted about leaving the site altogether.

The subject matter has everyone's "hot buttons" pushed. No pun intended.

Those who wish to use the site to gang up on BRP (lawsuit wise) should find another venue. Whether or not to file an individual law suit is IMO, up to the individual. Trying to use the site to obtain further support is not good, IMO of course.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Why do i always miss the good interesting threads??

Spyder Garage

I thought is was informative and showed how frustrated we all became after numerous recalls to solve this problem, none of which even faintly solved the problem. Hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent by all of us who purchased these Spyders and trusted BRP to provide what we thought we were paying for. All total I am out about $12,000 after trading for a 2014

Unfortunately emotions were not kept in tow and many who never owned a 2013 got involved with steadfast opinions that did nothing but confuse the issues and cause tempers to flare.

Last I looked before it was pulled I believe there were at least 177 posts on this subject. The most I have ever seen on this site. Too bad it was pulled but it was starting to get a little out of control.

Lamont owns this site and has been very tolerant of us all. I thank him for providing this service free of charge for us all to enjoy and I think we should respect this.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Hey Jack, 12k was the cost to me for trading my '13 RT for a '14 too! Must be the magic number!
    2014 RTS , Spyderpops oversized brake pedal Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    For petes sake...... this horse is dead . Bury it!

Spyder Garage

I hope you don't mind if I use that quite a bit. I have to say that that is priceless.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not mine so use it as much as you want. [emoji106] [emoji6]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post

Easy for a guy to say if he does not own a 2013 RT, has never owned a 2013 RT, and will never own a 2013 RT. If you had experienced the $12,000 loss or the Heat and Gas fumes you would be singing another tune my friend.

I did like the cartoon though evan if it did poke fun at our hardships.

Jack
    Last edited by jaherbst; 02-28-2015 at 10:51 AM.
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

The horse is not done until the issue is resolved. It is not. If you are tired of discussing it, don't read the threads.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Easy for a guy to say if he does not own a 2013 RT, has never owned a 2013 RT, and will never own a 2013 RT. If you had experienced the $12,000 loss or the Heat and Gas fumes you would be singing another tune my friend.

I did like the cartoon though evan if it did poke fun at our hardships.

Jack
    You are probably correct. I'd be pissed.
    But maybe start another blog for those of us who have or have had the problem? Then post an update on here occasionally? For a fact, the vitriol is getting tiring.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And the more and more all of this goes on and people keep complaining, the less and less the 2013's are worth.....
    I know that if I had joined here to research buying a spyder, I'd be scared to death of a 2013!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You are probably correct. I'd be pissed.
    But maybe start another blog for those of us who have or have had the problem? Then post an update on here occasionally? For a fact, the vitriol is getting tiring.
    Pissed? Sure!. But most normal people would have just sucked it up, and moved on. We've all owned a POS of some sort at some point in our lives....right?
    What sense does it make to own something that is supposed to be for pleasure, and being nothing but miserable??
    I think people get pleasure in the battle...and being miserable.

Spyder Garage

Pissed? Sure!. But most normal people would have just sucked it up, and moved on. We've all owned a POS of some sort at some point in our lives....right?
    What sense does it make to own something that is supposed to be for pleasure, and being nothing but miserable??
    I think people get pleasure in the battle...and being miserable.
    Think again . . . I love my Spyder and the last 7,000 miles have been trouble free . . . you make a huge assumption when you decide that everyone who owns a 2013 is miserable with it. Mine is the most fun I've had in many years. I rode to SpyderQuest last year, to the Ohio Spyder Rally, last year, rode the Blue Ridge and Skyline Drive, rode the Back of the Dragon, . . . and enjoyed every bit of it. I leave in April for a ride to Tucson AZ and back on my 2013 Spyder . . . not something I'd do if I was miserable and unhappy with it.

Please stick to reasonable comments and keep the troll stuff to yourself. If you have never owned a 2013 RT, all you have to say about them are assumptions . . . and your assumptions are dead wrong.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    Think again . . . I love my Spyder and the last 7,000 miles have been trouble free . . . you make a huge assumption when you decide that everyone who owns a 2013 is miserable with it. Mine is the most fun I've had in many years. I rode to SpyderQuest last year, to the Ohio Spyder Rally, last year, rode the Blue Ridge and Skyline Drive, rode the Back of the Dragon, . . . and enjoyed every bit of it. I leave in April for a ride to Tucson AZ and back on my 2013 Spyder . . . not something I'd do if I was miserable and unhappy with it.

Please stick to reasonable comments and keep the troll stuff to yourself. If you have never owned a 2013 RT, all you have to say about them are assumptions . . . and your assumptions are dead wrong.
    Good to actually see someone stick up for, and say something positive about their machine as well as not being miserable [emoji106]

Spyder Garage

No misery here..2013 ST Limited

Dennis
    2013 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

Good to actually see someone stick up for, and say something positive about their machine as well as not being miserable [emoji106]
    The only two significant issues I've had with mine were both not related to heat - DPS failure and air shock leakage. Otherwise I put 13,000 fun miles on it last year! I even fill the tank right up to the filler neck without problems. I will admit my machine is not 100% fume free but have had no fumes that have been unbearable. And it does get hot in southern Idaho in the summer. In fact on the return on both of my two trips to Louisiana the last two falls the warmest part of the trip was the last day in Idaho!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I've learned that if I top off with gas, right before I get home (less than a half mile from the gas station) there are no fumes. If I lived farther from the gas station, I'd keep a full gas can at home to do the same. The cooler gas being pumped in stops the boiling and the expansion and fuming . . . pretty simple solution, and my Spyder is always fueled and ready to hit the road.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

First of all,you have to admit the image from DrewNJ was funny. Second of all, the way this thread is going, it will be the next to get yanked. Cheer up people, we will all be back on our Spyders soon, talking about all the great trips we made, and complaing about all the cages cutting us off. Good Times!!!!

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dgjason View Post
    No misery here..2013 ST Limited

Dennis
    Just a reminder here Dennis, this thread is about the 2013 RT, RTS and RT Limited.

Glad you like and enjoy your 2013
    ST.

We have a good friend whose 2013 burst into flames on the Hiway and totally burned to the ground. Luckily she got off without serious injuries. I no longer wanted to expose my wife to this danger ( we had severe gas fumes all the time). After working with BRP on several fixes I really saw no solution to this in the near future. Traded for a 2014 which we love but it did cost a lot. What is your or your wife's life worth. That was the question.

There are good Spyders out there but not when the temps reach 90-120 degrees and you are driving a 2013 RT.

Jack
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican View Post
    Why do i always miss the good interesting threads??

Because they are always deleted.