Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    Think again . . . I love my Spyder and the last 7,000 miles have been trouble free . . . you make a huge assumption when you decide that everyone who owns a 2013 is miserable with it. Mine is the most fun I've had in many years. I rode to SpyderQuest last year, to the Ohio Spyder Rally, last year, rode the Blue Ridge and Skyline Drive, rode the Back of the Dragon, . . . and enjoyed every bit of it. I leave in April for a ride to Tucson AZ and back on my 2013 Spyder . . . not something I'd do if I was miserable and unhappy with it.

Please stick to reasonable comments and keep the troll stuff to yourself. If you have never owned a 2013 RT, all you have to say about them are assumptions . . . and your assumptions are dead wrong.

some of us really do like our 2013 RT's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Should I yank this thread like OldGuy did his? I don't think so.

I'm having too much fun watching the spear tossing tournament! [emoji14]opcorn:[emoji14]opcorn:

Let's have a contest to see who can toss the sharpest spear, cause the fastest demise, and not spill blood and guts all over!!

Nah, I'm just kidding!

What's really funny, IMO, is some of the spears that are getting tossed are double ended javelins and tied to the thrower with a rubber band! If the target dodges just in time the spear gets to the end of the rubber band and zing, back at the tosser it comes!
    Wow, that was kinda deep!...[emoji1]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    First off, I apologize to everyone who I may have offended. I enjoy this forum and have learned quite a bit.
    Secondly, I ride every chance I get. If it is not raining and above 30 degrees, I ride. Lately that hasn't been too much but I have gotten 3000 miles on my Spyder in 3 months, and that is before the weather gets nice and I ride it every day.

But this is what we are talking about being thin skinned. Some people dish it out but can't take it. At least I admit I am a F*$%@*# A&%@. And I don't take offense to you telling me to shut up. That's your opinion and I am cool with you expressing it.
    I wasn't talking about you. Read my quote again.

Look Bam Blam, I was the lucky one in having my Spyder burn up, all of my troubles went up in flames. If you have never owned a 2013 RT you really don't know what the F$@% you are talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hchays View Post
    This is how I fixed my heat and over active nanny issue! If your waiting for BRP to bail you out of this mess, you'll be waiting for a long time. It's easier for them to drag it out and eventually it will go away or be minimized. BTW.. DrewNJ is correct that you can't take these threads too serious, the whole issue is a joke!

That is such a sweet ride!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Thanks!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I have a 2013, be afraid...be very afraid.

Don't know if the curse or the reputation of the 13s has made it to the Oklahoma dealers but there is a brand new 13 RT for less than 18k, a used 12 at the same dealer is 1000 more, what gives??

Spyder Garage

OMG make peace with your maker ASAP the end must be near. I agree with Drew...for once
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    You've got that right Joy! If some of these guys were to just shut up and ride they would have a whole new appreciation for this topic and many others.

I dont have have a snowmobile right now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    OMG make peace with your maker ASAP the end must be near. I agree with Drew...for once

Drew wasn't talking about the Kia in the garage.

Spyder Garage

It is apparent that some people post here, for no other reason than to stir up . I guess it is to be expected, but it doesn't make it right.

If someone thinks it is fun to call others names, to attack them at every turn, when all they have are assumptions because they have never owned the model in question, it says something about their character . . . or their lack of it, especially when they hide behind a pseudonym and a computer screen, so no one knows who they really are. Those type of people have driven away some of the finest members this forum has had, like NancysToy, a member who was a treasure trove of mechanical knowledge and who freely shared it with us, to our great benefit. They have also almost cost us folks like Rattigan_Roger, the guy who developed the great SpyderCodes app for our phones, and provided it for free.

Go ahead, flame away . . . because, personally, I really don't care what an immature and cowardly person thinks of me . . .

There are many great members of this forum and I've learned a hell of a lot, here. To them, I say thanks

To the trolls, I say

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Wow, who's the troll now? I thought people thought I was a troll? Yet I'm not the one flaming or causing trouble here, so who is it this time? Did I miss their post?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just fyi-
    Most of us do and share our tech knowledge behind the scenes either in person, by email, or by PM's. Most of it is brainstorm ideas as food for thought to try to help each other. None of us claim to be experts but we all have a common idea and are not afraid to try things on our own, at our own risk. Most importantly, we respect EVERYONE'S knowledge and ideas. We dont, like a lot of you, rely on one person that is a proclaimed expert.
    The reason we post very little around here publicly is because its impossible around here to have a good tech discussion without the usual "respected" serial posters, coming along and throwing in the usual "take it to your dealer, that isn't safe, you are an idiot, you have a bad attitude, your the reason such and such left, where is your resume profile, you don't know what your talking about, brp should fix it," etc etc BS CHEERLEADING and COMPLAINING that goes on.
    Take it for what it is......

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Wow, who's the troll now? I thought people thought I was a troll? Yet I'm not the one flaming or causing trouble here, so who is it this time? Did I miss their post? [emoji14]opcorn:
    Take all of your info out of your profile and THEN watch all of the cranky ones have a fit!!.... You'll be accused of all kinds of things then![emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Spyder Garage

Um.... Lol

Spyder Garage

Default DrewNJ..especially for you..

I learned early on that there are sacred cows on here that are off limits; they must be bowed down to.

Spyder Garage

this will go away just like the 2008,2009 heat problems did.

Spyder Garage

Geeze if you have a fix for the heat put up or shut up. Why not help everyone and BRP solve the problem?

HUMBUG
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I learned early on that there are sacred cows on here that are off limits; they must be bowed down to.
    Yea....probably not happening....lol. And totally another "off topic" topic that will ruffle feathers!!
    Respect the person, not the cheerleader. Forum knowledge is all about the collective group, not about any individual. Unfortunately, a lot of forum cheerleaders create a cheerleading forum of serial posters. It is what it is.

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

thank goodness I did not buy a 2013 spyder... I have a 2014... saying that.. if I had bought a 2013 and experienced the problems that seemed to go un-noticed by BRP... I surely would not have given BRP another opportunity to stick me AGAIN !

osm

Spyder Garage

Take all of your info out of your profile and THEN watch all of the cranky ones have a fit!!.... You'll be accused of all kinds of things then![emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Unless your in the "Witness Protection Program" (in that case you should not be posting anywhere) You should stand behind and not hide behind ALL your statements. Let people know who and where you are. Be a stand up Guy or Gal.
    I have always been suspicious of people lurking on these sites and making statements derogatory or otherwise, but not disclosing who they are or where they are from. You could at least state what you ride. Question remains "why would you refuse to fill in your profile". I am hear to make friends, get to know people and be helpful and contribute what knowledge I have.

This is not totally directed at you as there are a few others. When you call someone a derogatory name as you have and not disclose who you are I do not think you should be allowed to post. I for one and a lot of others who have been contacting me through private PM feel the same way. If your profile was filled in would you still be driven to calling people derogatory names? I think not. There is IMO, no place on a forum that you should call someone a dirty or derogatory name. State your position and be a standup guy/gal. Thats the American Way.

Hiding behind a mask of any kind including non disclosure and doing or saying socially unacceptable things in any part of the world is just plain wrong. Your new Avatar kind of says it all.

​Jack
    Last edited by jaherbst; 03-01-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your confusing hiding with simply not caring.
    I honestly don't care what anyone thinks of me, if they believe what I post, or agree and I certainly have no desire or need to post a resume of my accomplishments......[emoji106]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Im not looking to be buddies, convince you that I know my stuff, sell you anything, and trade calling cards. If you, or anyone else doesn't like or believe what I post, simply ignore me. Your choice, I'm cool with that.
    Those that know me, know how to get ahold of me.
    Last edited by DrewNJ; 03-01-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Im not looking to be buddies, convince you that I know my stuff, sell you anything, and trade calling cards. If you, or anyone else doesn't like or believe what I post, simply ignore me. Your choice, I'm cool with that.
    Seems as though you're cool with anything, as long as it's your way! LOL!!! Remember you own words, just ignore me! You won't, because you have to have the last word and feel in control.

LEEB

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Spyder Garage

I think I could have posted this. lol