Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron sway bar

I know this is a dumb question because of site sponsor, but I need a laser alignment so was thinking of installing a bajaron sway bar before. Is it really worth all the hype and what does it really do or improve?

Spyder Garage

Any opinions?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nattylightlover2 View Post
    I know this is a dumb question because of site sponsor, but I need a laser alignment so was thinking of installing a bajaron sway bar before. Is it really worth all the hype and what does it really do or improve?

The sway bar makes the entire Spyder more stable and gives it less sway side to side so that you get better control of the Spyder in curves and general riding. Be sure to get the Helm Links also.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    The sway bar makes the entire Spyder more stable and gives it less sway side to side so that you get better control of the Spyder in curves and general riding. Be sure to get the Helm Links also.

Cruzr Joe
    Seeing as how I never rode a Spyder am I going to notice a lot of sway with the factory sway bar and links?
    Vrider... 2014 RT LTD.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vrider View Post
    Seeing as how I never rode a Spyder am I going to notice a lot of sway with the factory sway bar and links?

You may not notice much sway but you will notice how much better it handles with a sway bar.

Cruzr Joe
    Last edited by Cruzr Joe; 02-22-2015 at 12:52 AM.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Well..!!

for one it has nothing to do with your alignment so you can do it anytime. Suggest you change the hiem joints at the same time. Depending on your ryding style and handling you may not need to replace the bar. The hype is spot on because regardless the effect is quite noticable. I would recommend it...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Just ordered the bar and links last night, will find put I guess. Anyone have a link to easy installation instructions know they are out there, but to lazy to search lol.

Spyder Garage

Default Too lazy to search...

Not to worry, just wait until the bar arrives. If you don't understand the enclosed instructions, well...
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Hi natty

Re: Anyone have a link to easy installation instructions know they are out there, but to lazy to search lol.

I am terrible using the SEARCH thingy on this site ( and others; must be a personal problem ), but try to find a DIY thread by arntofun ( I 'think' that is what Randy calls himself ). It will have every detail that you need to do the job.

And to Randy one more time: Thank You

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi natty

Re: Anyone have a link to easy installation instructions know they are out there, but to lazy to search lol.

I am terrible using the SEARCH thingy on this site ( and others; must be a personal problem ), but try to find a DIY thread by arntofun ( I 'think' that is what Randy calls himself ). It will have every detail that you need to do the job.

And to Randy one more time: Thank You

Jerry Baumchen

That would be "arntufun"

Spyder Garage

The laser alignment is independent of the sway bar. GET IT. Your Spyder will track like it's on rails, instead of wandering all over the road.

As to the sway bar, the answer is, it depends. What are you riding ?

I am a big fan of BajaRon and his products, but in my humble opinion, BRP got things right with the 2014 RT suspension.

Anything prior to 2014 absolutely positively for certain needs the RonBar.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The sway bar isn't too hard to install. I used the written instructions to install mine on a 2012 RT.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Not sure which Spyder you are riding. 2013 and prior have softer sway bars and you will lean more to the outside of your turn. This increases when you have someone riding with you. More weight up higher and higher center of gravity. Ron"s sway bar will reduce this a lot.

The front suspension on the 2014 RT is totally different and is stiffer and lean in turns is reduced. Unless you are an aggressive rider in the turns or are riding double you may not need the sway bar. I have one on the 2014 and I love it.

Jack

All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Hi natty

Here is the link to the DIY sway bar install:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ay-Bar-install

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Default thank you very much!!

Thank you jerryb, I appreciate it very much should prove very useful if I get stuck, thank you again!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Changing the links

From all the sway bar discussion, I know at the very least I am changing to aluminum links.

Spyder Garage

Did both mods, well worth it.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Got my bar and links today, wish I could sell that small of a box for that much lol. Hope it makes a difference.

Spyder Garage

Got my bar and links today, wish I could sell that small of a box for that much lol. Hope it makes a difference.

Well...?

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default thanks Ron, and Motorcycle Dave

I got them all installed Friday night, took me and my brother about an hour. Super easy following the videos. Worked out good worth the investment. Feels much tighter and stable. Thanks for making a good product. Also used my new Sena 20s bought from motorcycle Dave, he got me the best price available and was prompt in shipping. Did about 250 miles Saturday and it was enjoyable listening to tunes and gliding on rails. Just glad the county mounty was facing the wrong way to catch me popping over the hill doing 75 in a 55. All in all good ride even with the 2 inch sunburn bracelet I'm wearing from gloves and sleeves blowing back. Thanks to Ron and Dave for providing knowledge and fairly priced good products.