Thread: Just an idea

Spyder Garage

Default Just an idea

Ann, just an idea for you as I would like to get my Spyder aligned but never have been able to connect when you have been in Ca.

The Bert's Mega Mall ride is coming up in May. Last year we had several hundred riders come to that.

If you could work something out for that weekend like the day before and after, I bet you would get a lot of business.
    I myself would sign up to be the first on the list

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Ann, just an idea for you as I would like to get my Spyder aligned but never have been able to connect when you have been in Ca.

The Bert's Mega Mall ride is coming up in May. Last year we had several hundred riders come to that.

If you could work something out for that weekend like the day before and after, I bet you would get a lot of business.
    I myself would sign up to be the first on the list

Bob
    Pirate Power Sports in Riverside does laser alignment, I think. Lou is the proprietor. It is located about 45 miles East of Bert's.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    Pirate Power Sports in Riverside does laser alignment, I think. Lou is the proprietor. It is located about 45 miles East of Bert's.
    He does NOT do the ROLO style laser alignment. Please be aware of the difference!

He does a static laser alignment to the frame (BRP style) which is not the same.

I also know he debates the ROLO style vs his style.
    Just be aware of the difference!

I personally trust the ROLO way as for me it make sense to have all 3 wheels tracking the same and not just the front two tracking to the frame.
    3 wheels is not like 4. However, even on a car they align the fronts in relation to the rear axel and NOT the frame.

Realize just a simple drive belt adjustment changing the rear wheel angle in relation to the fronts changes alignment on the Spyder. This is the point of the ROLO style alignment. So just a belt tracking adjustment which changes the angle of the rear wheel will change how your Spyder steers and it's alignment to the rear tire.

I know it seems like a farce to have to get an alignment just because you had a belt tracking adjustment...... but I agree with the physics of how it all works. To me, it makes perfect sense.

My .00002 cents on the matter.

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 02-15-2015 at 08:31 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The ROLO SYSTEM is the best system out there. Any other way of doing a spyder alignment is a waste of money. JMHO

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Bob, had mine done in 2013. Still great!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

There are currently three dealerships in California doing ROLO alignments. (www.spydercomfort.com/dealers).

If you can get to one of the independents, though, most if not all don't charge to check the alignment, so if by chance you don't need it you are not out any money. Not sure about the dealers.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    There are currently three dealerships in California doing ROLO alignments. (www.spydercomfort.com/dealers).

If you can get to one of the independents, though, most if not all don't charge to check the alignment, so if by chance you don't need it you are not out any money. Not sure about the dealers.
    None of those in Cali are close to me in So. Cal. In fact Ann is closer to me in Vegas than those others. California is a big state
    But thanks for looking that up.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Default Have Rolo will travel....

if you can lock down a group of ryders that want this done...I'm sure (if time permits) they will come. The tough part is so many ryders come for the ryde that day and ryde home right after so it would have to be those close by that can stick around or ryde over to Bert's a couple of times...great Idea and know there are those who would have it done...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Bob, what are the dates? It sounds like a great idea and as long as we are back from Spyderfest we can do it. I'll do some checking. Lou at Pirate is a good mechanic but he does not use the Rolo system. Thanks to everyone for the endorsement we appreciate it.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Ann here you go... this is the flyer from Bert's.

Honestly if this is like previous years... this is in fact the largest get together of Spyders on So Cal PERIOD!

Last year was HUGE! I could not believe how many Spyders showed up.... I forget the count now but it was close to 200 as I recall.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Here is an idea of how many came to that ride last year.
    And this picture is not even all of the Spyders. Shot was taken about an hour before the ride and many more were parked off to the left.

Bob

Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Default Sweet!

We will do everything we can to make it! If you want to host the alignment event, we would be much obliged. Thanks! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system