Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 1330 CAT delete for the RT

Has anyone installed the CAT delete (stock exhaust) on their 2014 RT? Is it worth the effort and cost?
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

I had planned to but my wife really wanted a new exhaust so I changed to a Two Brothers which did help. I held off on replacing the primary muffler (re CAT) because I was concerned about reducing the back pressure too much and leaning out the mix. I just changed it out on our new F3s and we love the tone! After reading of and speaking with a couple of people that have changed both on their RT with no ill effects I have put that back on my "next upgrade" list. It wasn't too difficult a job on the F3s and the RT is similar so I don't expect any issues. I put the front on ramps and with a spring puller and a flat blade screwdriver it was a 30 minute job start to finish. After I made the change a friend who did the same to his RT told me that if you loosen the clamp at the engine first you can lower the entire assembly to the ground after disconnecting the muffler and by moving the pieces left, right, and up you can remove and replace the springs with your fingers. May look at that method the next time.

J JAX

Spyder Garage

Default Here is a good video on a 14 RT exhaust

Lets ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

i got my cat delete from pittbull and i think it makes a lil different sound of the bike, as far as heat goes, i didn't have a heat issue with the 14 rt but just thought i would do it just in case. i also wrapped the cat delete pipe with heat wrap b4 i installed it. it is a matter of choice as i see it
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

that is one reason i also wrapped the pipe
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Did the CAT delete on my 2013. Noticed no difference other than a little deeper sound. Same heat--same gas smell.

Can not imagine why you would want to delete on the 1330.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Free flowing exhaust = better mid-range, and a bit better acceleration. Just curious if the CAT delete would provide that. However, it seems that what we are calling a CAT, may really just be a secondary muffler, rather than a catalytic converter....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am leaving mine stock for now..I don't think a few extra ponys is worth the extra cost..And I really have not felt the heat like I did on my Harley..Now if you want heat jump on that Harley with the cat installed..I could have cooked a steak off my thigh..

Spyder Garage

I've heard that about the newer Harleys, and the $2000 in mods needed to fix that. However, I also heard the wetheads are much better - good news for TriGlide affectionados.

I had no issues with heat on either my 2010 RT nor my 2014 RT, but I live in a region where 80F is considered hot. However, I did both the CAT delete and R77 replacement on my 2010, for a noticeable improvement in acceleration and fuel economy. That, coupled with non-ETOH fuel, finally got my milage over 30, on my 2010.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lol....new for the 2016 models, the GP! It's called the "Geezer Package", complete with air conditioning, 100k mile tires, and a ventilation air freshener to mask any fuel odor.

Spyder Garage

Default warranty

By installing this cat bypass would the warranty not be voided or is this modification acceptable by BRP.
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Contrarian View on Cat Bypass

I brought one home from Pitbull rally last year and had it installed simply because I wanted a little more sound, but did not want an aftermarket muffler. I heard several at the rally and thought the extra sound was nice. I had not had any heat issues from the Cat.

I did not notice any additional power, or change in MPG.

Now, after having it on for awhile, I've got used to the sound and find it rather annoying. I am seriously thinking of having the CAT put back on. I'd rather have the quietness.

Especially if I can get the noisy fuel pump replaced. Working towards that end now.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    I brought one home from Pitbull rally last year and had it installed simply because I wanted a little more sound, but did not want an aftermarket muffler. I heard several at the rally and thought the extra sound was nice. I had not had any heat issues from the Cat.

Now, after having it on for awhile, I've got used to the sound and find it rather annoying. I am seriously thinking of having the CAT put back on. I'd rather have the quietness.

Especially if I can get the noisy fuel pump replaced. Working towards that end now.
    You are damn right on that one ... simply said, it will do nothing for your spyder , it's all bullsh.. , except being ''annoying'' , the 1330 dosn't have an interesting tone to the ear anyway. That piece of tubing is a
    simple money trap for aftermarket... one of the most useless thing to spend your hard earned money on.

The cat is there for pollution reason... so be earth friendly ...... leave it there !!!!!!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nope. Personal preference. No different really than any other machine.
    Removal does increase sound and reduce heat some, but unless combined with other mods, is a minimal change.
    Last edited by DrewNJ; 02-18-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post

I put one on and ran it for a very short time and the wife could smell the exhaust more so I took it back off and went stock. Posted that pipe on here for sale and after repeated bashings I took it down. Seems the people that praise it don't like it being mocked.........even though a few offered pennies to buy it!
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) BigLegMac's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default cat delete

I got my cat@ delete from pitbull on my 2014 rts and i get 190 miles while pulling my trailer. I finally got used to the noise.

Spyder Garage

Default cat delete

I got my cat bypass from pitbull on my 2014 rts and i get 190 miles while pulling my trailer. I finally got used to the noise.

Spyder Garage

Default cat bypass

I got my cat bypass from pitbull on my 2014rts and i get 190 miles with my trailer attached. I am finally getting used to the noise.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I, too, was considering an exhaust modification for more "character" in the sound. But after listening to a couple YouTube videos, IMHO it makes this lovely machine sound like the neighborhood kid's old Honda Civic with a fart-can muffler. Rather embarrassing. Let's face it, the 1330 does not and cannot sound as good as good pipes on a big V-Twin. Therefore, I'd rather keep it stock and quiet. Different strokes, I guess.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Has anyone installed the CAT delete (stock exhaust) on their 2014 RT? Is it worth the effort and cost?
    PitBull deleted my CAT at the Owners Event in Durango Co on my 2013. I noticed no change in the heat and just slightly loader sound. IMO it was a waste of money. $400 to remove.

IMO I can not for the world of me fiqure why some one would remove it on a 2014.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Isn't it ILLEGAL to remove the catalytic converter ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    PitBull deleted my CAT at the Owners Event in Durango Co on my 2013. I noticed no change in the heat and just slightly loader sound. IMO it was a waste of money. $400 to remove.

IMO I can not for the world of me fiqure why some one would remove it on a 2014.

Jack
    ?Removing the Cat reduces the temperature just under the gas tank by over 180 degrees according to my temperature measurement. Sure I don't feel the temp on the 2014 but I like the feeling that the gas might not be cooking just as easily.....

PLus I added the akrapovic muffler to the cat delete and I love have a Spyder that actually sounds like a motorcycle
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

If Yosh had a pipe for the 1330, I'd consider it too - paying $1000 for a slip on exhaust is _______ .
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

On the F3 it runs cooler dropped the temp almost 200 deg. Feels quicker and sounds great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    I had planned to but my wife really wanted a new exhaust so I changed to a Two Brothers which did help. I held off on replacing the primary muffler (re CAT) because I was concerned about reducing the back pressure too much and leaning out the mix. I just changed it out on our new F3s and we love the tone! After reading of and speaking with a couple of people that have changed both on their RT with no ill effects I have put that back on my "next upgrade" list. It wasn't too difficult a job on the F3s and the RT is similar so I don't expect any issues. I put the front on ramps and with a spring puller and a flat blade screwdriver it was a 30 minute job start to finish. After I made the change a friend who did the same to his RT told me that if you loosen the clamp at the engine first you can lower the entire assembly to the ground after disconnecting the muffler and by moving the pieces left, right, and up you can remove and replace the springs with your fingers. May look at that method the next time.

J JAX
    I just replaced the cat on my F3 and it took me a long time, especially stretching those springs but I guess it was worth it. It is considerably louder and backfires once with each shift. I don't know if that can be remapped out or if I even want to do anything since I don't have any miles with the straight pipe.