Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    I just fill out the survey on BRP link and lets show them why SITR should be one of the 7 events they will support.

Spyder Garage

I sometimes don't get the since of entitlement. Let's not forget...BRP doesn't have to do any type of 'owners event', they choose to.[/QUOTE]

No Entitlement, Just upset that they told us in june that there was going to be an Owners event in 2015 and we would know about it in December. Now it February and they are just now telling us that they will not have one this year. You are right they don't have to have one, but don't tell me you are having one and then cancel it. They knew last fall, or at least by December, that this was the way they were going, not one event, just helping on other rides. It will be interesting to see what, if any strings, come with the money to help with these rides. Since I planned to go on some of these and have been to others with out BRP's money helping, it will be interesting to see how this works out.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    warp10 and Hawk....I have been in contact with Troy at Coyote Powersports and given them all the information...Last year Coyote Powersports put on an excellent event...October Texas Hill Country riding...can't be beat.....Troy and Scott are on this.....Ride the Three Sisters...Texas style

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/55...5-336337a.html

Yep, this would make a great choice for one of the sponsored events. Was a great time last year. We plan to attend again.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Thanks Lamont for posting an "official" link and information.

I agree with most off the comments posted above.

Hope this turns out to be better than one event per year--in the long run.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-04-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Some folks are never happy!

Here's an organization that's trying to make us all happy. If they sponsor their one event ( Owners Event), depending on where it's at, lots of people complain because it's too far for them to travel. Some want it in the NW, some want in in the NE, some want in in the south. Well, you get the picture.

So now they're sponsoring seven events. These will probably be all over the country, throughout the whole year. I would think everybody should be able to attend at least one event, if not more, if they want. This way everybody gets to attend a BRP sponsored event. OK, they may not have top billing, but they'll be there. And they might have something special for us owners.

Remember folks, they don't have to do this for us. They just do. For whatever reason they do, they just do. Be grateful for that and enjoy.

Over the years I've driven a Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, Pontiac, VW, Dodge and Ford. I don't ever recall any of them having an Owners Event. Maybe BRP is on to something?
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Oh sure

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Murphybrown, let's nominate the North to Alaska. LOL
    i know nothing other than housing could be an issue. Lol lol
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

The saying "No good deed goes unpunished" comes to mind here.

When they had an owner event people complained that there were no vendors or it was on the wrong side of the map. They can't win. Now they are giving support to event that can and will have vendors and will most likely be all over the country and it's still not good enough for some of you guys. Really the owners event is a big expense with little return. I think this is a smart move on their part. They get to help the owners without the restrictions of corporate. Maybe I'm just a cup is half full kind of a guy.

Spyder Garage

One more comment.

We should give BRP the benefit of the doubt and see how the new format works out.

IMO, this will spread out the number of locations, and make it possible for more people to attend an event. Some will most likely be pretty much all . Those events that share with other brands is something new.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Owner's Event

I agree that BRP gets very little return on its investment in the owner's event. But, by supporting 7 projects, it will get more owner's participation and not have to deal with the lack of vendor thing. And people will most likely have more fun. I look forward to having more choices of places to ride and meet other Spyder owners.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
    No Entitlement, Just upset that they told us in june that there was going to be an Owners event in 2015 and we would know about it in December. Now it February and they are just now telling us that they will not have one this year. You are right they don't have to have one, but don't tell me you are having one and then cancel it. They knew last fall, or at least by December, that this was the way they were going, not one event, just helping on other rides. It will be interesting to see what, if any strings, come with the money to help with these rides. Since I planned to go on some of these and have been to others with out BRP's money helping, it will be interesting to see how this works out.
    I can see your frustration/aggravation point. It is annoying when anyone, be it person or company, says one thing and you go to expecting it only to have that bubble burst when they come back later saying plans have changed and cannot provide all the details that lead up to that decision.

I hope this way does work out. I'd like to see some of these lesser known rallies get some extra funding to help keep them going and make them better.

Really, I'm for anything that'll give me more excuses for a road trip.

Spyder Garage

I for one look forward to the new format, it will give more dealers a chance to grow like Pitbull. Maybe this will help get more ride groups involved.

Spyder Garage

In my VERY humble opinion... I'm skeptical.

Whereas one single BRP owner's event inevitably and unavoidably left some people unhappy because they could not attend, restrictive vendor rules, etc., I don't see the answer now being *seven* owner's events semi-randomly selected across the country.

Admittedly, I've only been to one OE to date, but the appeal of it to me was it was *the* Owner's Event, with a very large turnout, and the full enthusiastic sponsorship of BRP.

Surely some, perhaps even most, rally-attending Spyder riders will attend more than one event, but I can't help but imagine that attendance at any one particular event will be less, and the BRP involvement diluted (they only have so much marketing money to spend, and now they get to spend it across seven events versus one).

Before, the Spyder community could look at each other and honestly ask, "Hey, will I see you at the Owner's Event this year?" and you'd have instant rapport.

Now, the answer to that question will be, "Ummm, yeah, which one?", as the Spyder community will be atomized across rallies, some well-attended (Spyderfest, Spyders in the Adirondacks), others not so much. For those of us who sadly don't have the time or money to attend more than one or two events, we're now left to figure out which one is worth going to.

For comparison: Harley-Davidson has countless rallies, sponsored or otherwise, but there's only one Sturgis. Now that the Spyder community is maturing, perhaps BRP is "shopping" for which event will become their flagship rally-- let seven flowers bloom? -- but given the very late announcement and short-turn contest an admittedly cynical interpretation would suggest this smacks of, "We always paid for this expensive thing and didn't get enough in return, YOU guys now figure it out on your own dime, maybe we'll throw you a few bucks and a demo truck."

Last edited by daveinva; 02-04-2015 at 04:23 PM.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Here's an organization that's trying to make us all happy. If they sponsor their one event ( Owners Event), depending on where it's at, lots of people complain because it's too far for them to travel. Some want it in the NW, some want in in the NE, some want in in the south. Well, you get the picture.

So now they're sponsoring seven events. These will probably be all over the country, throughout the whole year. I would think everybody should be able to attend at least one event, if not more, if they want. This way everybody gets to attend a BRP sponsored event. OK, they may not have top billing, but they'll be there. And they might have something special for us owners.

Remember folks, they don't have to do this for us. They just do. For whatever reason they do, they just do. Be grateful for that and enjoy.

Over the years I've driven a Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, Pontiac, VW, Dodge and Ford. I don't ever recall any of them having an Owners Event. Maybe BRP is on to something?

Ford sponsors many owner club events every year. One of the largest is the Mid America Shelby Meet in Tulsa the 3rd week of June every year for over 30 years now. I am sure some of the others do as well.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    The saying "No good deed goes unpunished" comes to mind here.

When they had an owner event people complained that there were no vendors or it was on the wrong side of the map. They can't win. Now they are giving support to event that can and will have vendors and will most likely be all over the country and it's still not good enough for some of you guys. Really the owners event is a big expense with little return. I think this is a smart move on their part. They get to help the owners without the restrictions of corporate. Maybe I'm just a cup is half full kind of a guy.

Maybe you are right. We need to give this a chance. Could work out great.

I like others am resistant to change, it comes natural.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tbhlaw View Post
    I agree that BRP gets very little return on its investment in the owner's event. But, by supporting 7 projects, it will get more owner's participation and not have to deal with the lack of vendor thing. And people will most likely have more fun. I look forward to having more choices of places to ride and meet other Spyder owners.
    Big problem here is most Spyder events are on the east side of the country,and this leaves the rest of us left out. SITR is 1300 miles from here and only 100 people attended last year.

There appearance at seven functions will be a very milked down version of what they had in Durango. It simply was the best you will ever see not to mention the wonderfull riding we had. Beats the hell out of any flatlander spot in the East!

jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Owners events

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Big problem here is most Spyder events are on the east side of the country,and this leaves the rest of us left out. SITR is 1300 miles from here and only 100 people attended last year.

There appearance at seven functions will be a very milked down version of what they had in Durango. It simply was the best you will ever see not to mention the wonderfull riding we had. Beats the hell out of any flatlander spot in the East!

jack
    If this doesn't work out, a single owners event in Durango the following year would be good if it was known early enough for people to make arrangements, I would probably go, last year I didn't see the info soon enough, my bad sounds like I missed a good one.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If they sponsor/participate in 7 events like they did at Spyderfest, I'm thinking it is probably a really good thing. Now will they send a semi truck load of clothing and accessories and their top mechanics to Spyders in the Redwoods, or to Spyder Rendeveous or Palooza like they did to Spyderfest? Probably not, but if they help out in some way those smaller events could become something big.

While I am disappointed that there will not be an Owner's Event this year I am hopeful that this new format will make more of the events worth attending. Everyone is on notice that you have 2 years to get your passport ready and learn a few French phrases.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I don't have a problem with any of this except for the fact that if I want to join the fun at Daytona i have to register on FaceBook ................................ HELLO ................. I Don't do FaceBook. (Several others on here don't do FaceBook either).

There need to be an alternative to registering for the Daytona event.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

thanks for the heads up lamont. spyderquest application is going in today. (ron is filling it out now) I see this as a very big deal. after having two spyderquest events "under the belt"and growing as fast as we have, it becomes difficult to keep growing without help, both in numbers of bodies, and secondly financially. what could be better than having brp behind us with a little financial assist and a little publicity coming out of brp direct! I love it, and I challenge those that question it, to call an event of choice and volunteer to help out on that event. when you see what it takes, you might change your mind!! (i'm not trying to start anything, i'm just trying to say thank you brp for the chance to become a sponsor aided event)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I don't have a problem with any of this except for the fact that if I want to join the fun at Daytona i have to register on FaceBook ................................ HELLO ................. I Don't do FaceBook. (Several others on here don't do FaceBook either).

There need to be an alternative to registering for the Daytona event.

Cruzr Joe
    They used google last year, Facebook only had the link to the google form.

Spyder Garage

Default Oh My!!!

Oh My!! Is this going to be a good thing? A bad thing? Oh My!! I guess since I don't know I'll just have to take a 'Mental Health' ride on my Spyder and hopefully figure it out. I'll be back when I know for sure!!!! Please folks, don't be so serious! Life is too short, and Spyder riding is just too good to worry about these things.

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Oh No....does this mean I won't win the European trip for 2016...I was already making plans....what do I do now........my heart was set to win.......

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Oh No....does this mean I won't win the European trip for 2016...I was already making plans....what do I do now........my heart was set to win.......
    guess you'll have to buy a lotto ticket instead?
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    If this doesn't work out, a single owners event in Durango the following year would be good if it was known early enough for people to make arrangements, I would probably go, last year I didn't see the info soon enough, my bad sounds like I missed a good one.
    ​I am a definite if that ever happens. Too bad the Spyder dealer in Durango does not pick up on this and start a Rally. Great dealership.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LEEB View Post
    Oh My!! Is this going to be a good thing? A bad thing? Oh My!! I guess since I don't know I'll just have to take a 'Mental Health' ride on my Spyder and hopefully figure it out. I'll be back when I know for sure!!!! Please folks, don't be so serious! Life is too short, and Spyder riding is just too good to worry about these things.

Thanks for bringing me back to earth!

​Jack "The rally Rat"
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick