Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 long reach bars

Most of the pics I have seen show everyone's new F3 with the stock bars...
    Has anyone added the long reach bars or is the stock bar what most are
    opting for? My dealer said my F3 has been shipped and will be here this week.
    I am adding the long reach bars and will post pics when I can.

Spyder Garage

Default Please Describe

Are these shorter bars to produce a longer reach or are they longer bars to get a shorter reach? The words "long reach" make me think they're for people with long arms.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

image.jpgMore straight, makes your arms straight out instead of bending at the elbow.
    position C on the ufit system.
    Last edited by kkcdcdc; 02-01-2015 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Add photo

Spyder Garage

My husband and I test drove the F3 this past week. He did not like the stock handle bars. He likes his handlebars closer and lower to his body. We both have the tri- axis handlebars on our bikes now and love them. Don't know if the F3 comes with different sized handlebars.

Spyder Garage

Default OEM BARS

I ORDERED MY F3-S WITH THE 'OEM' BARS......
    AT 6'1", I WILL SEE HOW IT FEELS PRIOR TO ORDERING ANY OPTIONAL BARS... I MAY JUST FIND THAT THE 'OEM' BARS ARE JUST FINE...
    DAN P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default Handlebars

I'm 6 feet tall with a 32 inch inseam so I know ahead of time that the +2 foot control rods will be needed. Like you I'll wait & see if the stock handlebars suit me or not. I don't want my arms pulled too straight which would pull on my shoulders, but I don't want them too close either.

Spyder Garage

Default Three lengths

Quote Originally Posted by maliamd View Post
    My husband and I test drove the F3 this past week. He did not like the stock handle bars. He likes his handlebars closer and lower to his body. We both have the tri- axis handlebars on our bikes now and love them. Don't know if the F3 comes with different sized handlebars.
    From my dealer in PA, motorsports inc. (great having business with it. Even if I have to drive 90 miles each way)
    Here are the three proposed bars:
    short reach perfect for peg position 1 &2
    Stock bar fits peg position 3&4
    long reach bar fits peg position 5
    my position is 1&2 even though what fits me is stock handlebar
    it depends on not just your hight, what the proportion and length of your arms, and finally your style of riding ( elbows close to body, away from body, or just half way and relaxed.
    The extra handlebar is about $149.99 ( so, if you don't feel comfortable with stock one, easy to have other lengths available at your dealer .
    Wish that is helpful

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Default Hang in there..!!

many of the ryders getting there F3's can't even ryde them yet (weather) and others haven't had much time. Great questions and quite a few already but you all will have to give it a bit more time. Many will be answered without even asking...thats what we do here...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Den1953

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    Are these shorter bars to produce a longer reach or are they longer bars to get a shorter reach? The words "long reach" make me think they're for people with long arms.
    Please,read the answer is below in this thread

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

I ordered the "muscle attitude" package (though I swapped out the black stripe for a red one and the urban rack for the mono seat cowl), so I'll be trying out the "attitude handlebar". That item arrived with my spyder, but I don't think I'll get to pick up my spyder until late this week so I won't know how it feels.

That said, I'm not even sure how the "attitude handlebar" differs from the stock handlebar, and I don't know if that's what I'll end up staying with if it's not a comfortable fit.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    I ordered the "muscle attitude" package (though I swapped out the black stripe for a red one and the urban rack for the mono seat cowl), so I'll be trying out the "attitude handlebar". That item arrived with my spyder, but I don't think I'll get to pick up my spyder until late this week so I won't know how it feels.

That said, I'm not even sure how the "attitude handlebar" differs from the stock handlebar, and I don't know if that's what I'll end up staying with if it's not a comfortable fit.
    I just read the descriptions of all the handlebars in the Ebay ads, and it looks like the "attitude handlebar" leans the torso slightly forward and changes the angle for the wrists/arms. Again... without going through the ufit process, not sure what I think is comfortable, but I do like the thought of leaning forward slightly.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Stock bars...

I actually got to sit on a red F3-s in Des Moines last weekend with the stock bars and pegs, and it felt pretty comfortable. Of course, that's coming off a a v-rod that, even with the longer bars available for the v-rod, makes you lean forward. I felt pretty comfortable, and if I want to draw the bars back a little more, I will go for a different bar.

Spyder Garage

They do a really interesting thing at the Harley dealer near me (I'm not a Harley guy, but they have one of the best branded companies and sales systems in the country). They have a bike set up where they can quick-change the seat, handle bars, and a few other riding position options (including the windshield, I think) for riders to sit on; they essentially "fit" the bike for you and build up their sale in the process.

I know that there is no comparison in terms of the number of Harley sales vs. F3 sales, but I do wonder if some version of that might not be a very good idea for an enterprising dealer in a more competitive area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    They do a really interesting thing at the Harley dealer near me (I'm not a Harley guy, but they have one of the best branded companies and sales systems in the country). They have a bike set up where they can quick-change the seat, handle bars, and a few other riding position options (including the windshield, I think) for riders to sit on; they essentially "fit" the bike for you and build up their sale in the process.

I know that there is no comparison in terms of the number of Harley sales vs. F3 sales, but I do wonder if some version of that might not be a very good idea for an enterprising dealer in a more competitive area.
    I was told that's what the U-fit system is -- they have a mockup or something similar where they can move everything around to see what you like best before you commit to whichever foot position/handlebar position.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    I was told that's what the U-fit system is -- they have a mockup or something similar where they can move everything around to see what you like best before you commit to whichever foot position/handlebar position.
    Retroactive implementation of my ideas! BRP really is really on the ball.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 long reach bars

F3 is in my garage finally.
    long reach bars are a perfect fit for me.
    sunny and 30 degrees outside...
    still went for my first ride though, all I can say is wow,
    my RS was fun but this F3 is awesome..

Spyder Garage

Default Short Reach VS Standard Reach

We changed the bars out for the short reach on our F3 to make it more comfortable for my wife. The change is fairly easy and my first thought was that I could swap out the bars depending on who was riding the F3. After riding for over a month now I am very happy with the feel of the short reach bar and see no need to change it back to the standard. There is a pin that fits into a slot on the bar at the mounting plate to keep it from moving too far out of position if the screws are loose. By loosening the screws you can rotate the bar giving you 4" to 5" of adjustment. I have them positioned lower so as not to block the mirrors for either of us.

CJ JAX
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

My dealer does not have the UFit system, so ( likely because he only ordered 2) only know what I got. Stock bars are good, but no way of telling if another would be better. I did change the pegs to +1 and that fits my leg reach better. I'm 5' 9", but legs tend to lock up so wanted longer reach. Some adjustment can be made to the bars, but not much as they will block my vision of the side mirrors.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Looking good. Can't wait to see it in Daytona in a few days.

CJ JAX

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Long reach vs standard bar
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default I Have the stock bars . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    We changed the bars out for the short reach on our F3 to make it more comfortable for my wife. The change is fairly easy and my first thought was that I could swap out the bars depending on who was riding the F3. After riding for over a month now I am very happy with the feel of the short reach bar and see no need to change it back to the standard. There is a pin that fits into a slot on the bar at the mounting plate to keep it from moving too far out of position if the screws are loose. By loosening the screws you can rotate the bar giving you 4" to 5" of adjustment. I have them positioned lower so as not to block the mirrors for either of us.

CJ JAX
    . . . . and have adjusted mine like CJ did. 2 important things to watch out for.
    1. Yup, don't block the mirror. It is easy to do that.
    2. There is a trade off between a comfortable basic 'cruiser' posture/reach during regular riding and what is required for full turns ( like in a parking lot or in a garage - forward & reverse ). I don't mind the left handgrip rotating out of my reach, but you need to have a full 'useable ' grip on the right for throttle control. When turning the bike to a full right turn, I am pulling the right grip all the way towards me and the left will rotate out of my reach. Then I push the right forward and the left grip will come back into reach. The closer the grip is to your body, the further it will rotate away from you.

So, if you are testing bars, test it for comfort cruising AND how it works at full turn.

It is nice to have so many adjustments to find your 'sweet spot ', all you need to do is get it into the ballpark with the U-fit, and then have the dealer tweek it at delivery, or DIY later after you have some experience with it.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom in NM; 03-01-2015 at 11:30 PM.
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Default Ufit # 5

[QUOTE=Tom in NM;941289]. . . . and have adjusted mine like CJ did. 2 important things to watch out for.
    1. Yup, don't block the mirror. It is easy to do that.
    2. There is a trade off between a comfortable basic 'cruiser' posture/reach during regular riding and what is required for full turns ( like in a parking lot or in a garage - forward & reverse ). I don't mind the left handgrip rotating out of my reach, but you need to have a full 'useable ' grip on the right for throttle control. When turning the bike to a full right turn, I am pulling the right grip all the way towards me and the left will rotate out of my reach. Then I push the right forward and the left grip will come back into reach. The closer the grip is to your body, the further it will rotate.

So, if you are testing bars, test it for comfort cruising AND how it works at full turn.

It is nice to have so many adjustments to find your 'sweet spot ', all you need to do is get it into the ballpark with the U-fit, and then have the dealer tweek it at delivery, or DIY later after you have some experience with it.
    Last edited by Genet; 03-01-2015 at 09:22 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default f3 long reach

If you were 5 10 today,what were you yesterday?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harel.p View Post
    If you were 5 10 today,what were you yesterday?
    Look out, grammar police.

CJ JAX