Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Where do you mount your Hero?

Got a Hero 4 for Christmas but cant figure out where to mount it. Where do you pro's mount yours? Helmet, Tupperware, Go-Pro mount of some kind? Any and all replies appreciated!
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Camera mount

Hi: I personally have JT's dash mount (one of the site sponsors....JT's machine shop) With this setup, you can mount the camera behind the windshield and still have room for mounting other devices if you need to.

Spyder Garage

Default Depends..!

what you want to film...just the road ahead..body works and mounts..what you see on the helmet...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I have my Go PRO mounted on my handle bars with RAM mounts. It makes for better ride movies.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's kind of a personal question!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default GoPro Clamp Mount

GoProClampMount.jpg
    I bought a GoPro Clamp Mount like this one and I attach it to my upper A arm. I thought I would have some shaky video but that hasn't been the case at all.
    The WildBat - 2017 Can-Am Spyder F3-L
    Little Bre - 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-S
    Phantom 2.0 - My SuperSpyder. 2008 Can-Am Spyder SM5

Very Active Member Silvervette05's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just below the windshield

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruise01 View Post
    GoProClampMount.jpg
    I bought a GoPro Clamp Mount like this one and I attach it to my upper A arm. I thought I would have some shaky video but that hasn't been the case at all.

Do you have a safety tether just in case??
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    That's kind of a personal question!
    Patti, didn't mean to "hit a nerve"

Mike

Spyder Garage

On my helmet.
    strapped to my chest
    just below the right mirror using a suction mount.
    but all locations are tethered.

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

JT'S dash mount is what it I use.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default GoPro mounting

I fabricated a bracket that fastens under the side panel. Works great, better whden it's not raining!20150130_161957.jpg
    2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    2017 Honda Pilot
    2018 Maverick Trail 1000 DPS
    2015 RTS SE6 Intense Red Pearl
    2014 35' Keystone Fuzion Impact Toyhauler
    Ultimate Seats passenger backrest, Adjustable wind deflectors, Minitrailer USA trailer, Can Am driver backrest, Corbin passenger armrests, after market hitch, DIY bump skid, LED turn indicaters, cup holders, frunk decal stripes, DIY GPS mount, DIY Gopro dash mount, aux 12v & USB outlets, DIY belt rock shield, BajaRon swaybar, frunk 12v outlet

Spyder Garage

Default : Where do you mount your Hero?

I bought a Butler cup before I even heard of Spyder lovers or there sponsors, along with it comes a place to mount numerous other attachments.
    Lightnin' LeeRoy
    2014 RT L Lightin' LeeRoy
    1980 CM 400A
    1982 CM 450A
    [/SIGPIC]Lightnin' LeeRoy

Spyder Garage

Default hero mount

Last year I bought a Sony movie camera and thought on it for months, as to where I could mount it.
    At the last minute I came up with a perfect solution. My 2014 Limited has two clear wind deflectors on either side below the edges of the windshield.I removed one of the two mounting bolts and with a new longer bolt I was able to use a tubular spacer and bolt one of the camera mounts into the empty deflector mounting holes. You can make the bolt and spacer as long as you want to mount the camera as far outboard as you want.This gives me a rock steady picture although the sound is the whine of the 1330.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rbob View Post
    Last year I bought a Sony movie camera and thought on it for months, as to where I could mount it.
    At the last minute I came up with a perfect solution. My 2014 Limited has two clear wind deflectors on either side below the edges of the windshield.I removed one of the two mounting bolts and with a new longer bolt I was able to use a tubular spacer and bolt one of the camera mounts into the empty deflector mounting holes. You can make the bolt and spacer as long as you want to mount the camera as far outboard as you want.This gives me a rock steady picture although the sound is the whine of the 1330.

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

What he said.

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Normally on the side of my helmet so the lens is roughly level with my eyes to try and give a similar view. Ended up going with the nearside as I found the farside meant you saw a lot of road and it looked like you were driving on the verge. Did try on top of the helmet but it didn't look right, though that may work better on an RT because of the screen. Just used the curved stick on mount that came with the Spyder.

Have got a suction cup mount which I'm playing around with at the moment in various positions on the Spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had it on my chest, but got too much of the instrument panel. Now I have a GoPro sticky mount on the side panel, under the mirror, and control it via the remote strapped to the handlebar.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool Where do you mount your Hero?

.....errrm...ummmmm....Usual place....hero condoms_02.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.....I'll get me coat!

Spyder Garage

Default Same

Quote Originally Posted by Olddood View Post
    Hi: I personally have JT's dash mount (one of the site sponsors....JT's machine shop) With this setup, you can mount the camera behind the windshield and still have room for mounting other devices if you need to.
    Yes yes and yes on JT bar. Besides my go pro have phone, spot tracker and room for my GPS, which I never use. Yep the bar is great
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    Normally on the side of my helmet so the lens is roughly level with my eyes to try and give a similar view. Ended up going with the nearside as I found the farside meant you saw a lot of road and it looked like you were driving on the verge. Did try on top of the helmet but it didn't look right, though that may work better on an RT because of the screen. Just used the curved stick on mount that came with the Spyder.

Have got a suction cup mount which I'm playing around with at the moment in various positions on the Spyder.
    Nice video, beautiful scenery.. BUT .. you driving on the WRONG side of the road !

osm

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Yes yes and yes on JT bar. Besides my go pro have phone, spot tracker and room for my GPS, which I never use. Yep the bar is great

I agree go to the bar, and order a drink.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor35126 View Post
    Got a Hero 4 for Christmas but cant figure out where to mount it. Where do you pro's mount yours? Helmet, Tupperware, Go-Pro mount of some kind? Any and all replies appreciated!
    Here's where I ended up mounting my GoPro:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...the-RT-Limited
    Life is too short not to enjoy the toys.

2014 RT Limited
    , White
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Zumo 590
    BRP CB Radio
    BajaRon Anti-Swaybar
    Russell Day-Long Seat
    RIVCO Flag Holders

Other Rydes:
    Segway X2

Past Rydes:
    Honda Helix
    Honda Shadow
    Piaggio MP3
    Kawasaki Vulcan
    2009 Suzuki Burgman Executive 650

Spyder Garage

I mount mine on my helmet on the chine guard. Just like Shawn Smoak does in his videos.
    It looks where I look which works well. I can also see in my peref vision that it is on as you can see the LED. Just a tiny bit of the top of the camera is visable and it does not block any part of my vision.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor35126 View Post
    Got a Hero 4 for Christmas but cant figure out where to mount it. Where do you pro's mount yours? Helmet, Tupperware, Go-Pro mount of some kind?
    I have mine mounted on top of my helmet. Pros are it's easy to direct it toward points of interest and not just always straight ahead, or whichever direction it's mounted; the windshield is fairly small in the pic so it's rather unobtrusive; and there is no vibration in the video. Cons are you need to hold your head steady if you don't want any wandering of the picture; it's harder to reach the controls with your hands. I use the GoPro app on my tablet/GPS to control it but that means switching back and forth between the two apps. Not the most convenient activity to carry out while riding. I'm thinking about using my phone to control the camera.

Here's one of the videos I took coming home from Louisiana last fall. It shows what I'm saying about moving around. This is in Glenwood Canyon, I-70, in Colorado. It's unedited and almost 15 minutes long so feel free to skip around. At the very beginning and very end you can see me touching the tablet with a stylus to activate and then stop the camera. The app allows control of the camera and shows a live feed, albeit with about 2 or so seconds delay. The camera mic was on and you can actually slightly hear the sound coming through my helmet speakers. I didn't do a lot of looking to the side during this bit or riding, but there is a little bit near 9:50 and 10:38. At about 1:30 I look at the car that's passing by me.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)