Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT Limited can't raise seat

Just tried to raise seat and key switch does not turn in gas direction thus cannot raise seat. Had at dealer last fall for same issue and it worked fine until now. Anyone having this problem and know fix?

Spyder Garage

You might try pushing down on the seat as you turn the key. you may have to adjust the length of the bolt to lock the seat.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default AFTER YOU GET IT OPEN

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    Just tried to raise seat and key switch does not turn in gas direction thus cannot raise seat. Had at dealer last fall for same issue and it worked fine until now. Anyone having this problem and know fix?
    ...............I have thought that there was more difficulty opening the seat release than the frunk. , and thought it put undo strain on the KEY.....It always opened but I wondered if one day the KEY might break.......So I wired the latch for the seat 95 % open ( using baleing type wire ). Now the seat stays closed but if I pull up on the right front it opens.....I no longer have to use the Key at all ................Mike ..............And if you are worried that someone might be able to steal your GAS......well if they want your GAS they will just peel back the edge of the seat and do it .....just sayin..........Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Same happened to me recently

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    My seat would not lift the other day, I used a coat hanger straightened out with a small hook on one end, pass it through the gap between the seat and the Tupperware and hook it open, I could not get it to work with the key even after I opened it with the coat hanger. I got mine open and then did what was suggested here, I put a small length of fishing line trace on to the latch and tucked it up into the void on the right hand side of the seat. I took it to the dealer and he said the cable had been run the wrong way during the assembly and re-routed it.

Pjb_Brisie

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The cable froze up on ours over last winter but I was able to free it up with WD40 after dismantling most of the area around the ignition switch. I also put a wire from the latch to just under the seat at the right front in case it happens again.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=pjb_Brisie;929329]My seat would not lift the other day, I used a coat hanger straightened out with a small hook on one end, pass it through the gap between the seat and the Tupperware and hook it open, I could not get it to work with the key even after I opened it with the coat hanger. I got mine open and then did what was suggested here, I put a small length of fishing line trace on to the latch and tucked it up into the void on the right hand side of the seat. I took it to the dealer and he said the cable had been run the wrong way during the assembly and re-routed it.

I will try the coat hanger method when it gets a little warmer. Thanks for the help

Spyder Garage

Have the same issue with mine, to fix it when needing to lift the seat before I turn the key I grab the front of the seat and with slight pressure lift upwards. The seat seems to release then I turn the key, the seat lifts every time.