Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

OK, I just picked up my RT with it's new Bajaron anti-sway bar. I won't have time to try it out on some curves until tomorrow, but I can feel the difference just driving home. I found myself turning corners faster without even thinking about it. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Added to the RT's "Road Trip" app on my iPhone.
    I searched for this app with no results. Must be called something else?

Spyder Garage

Also I installed the new sway bar and think it is great. Not sure I understand about the spring things that are being talked about here. Think will wait awhile and see if I need something in addition to the great bar. I should add it took me a day and a half to install the bar but it was fun. Laying on the ground out in cold weather and drizzle, constantly getting up and down for this or that and then forgetting what I was after. Still fun for this old guy.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default QUESTION ABOUT THE SPRING STIFFENERS

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ADDING THE SPRING STIFFENERS AND ADJUSTING THE PRELOAD?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK SPYDERRT View Post
    WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ADDING THE SPRING STIFFENERS AND ADJUSTING THE PRELOAD?
    Did you know that typing in all caps is considered to be YELLING!!

Spyder Garage

On the spring stiffeners, what effect does it have in terms of adding smoothness to a bumpy road, if any? I upgraded the shocks on 2010 RT A&C and it helped a lot, but the cost is considerable. My 2014 RT-S has the adjustments, but it still is bumpier than I'd like.

Spyder Garage

The 2014s and 2015s don't have preload adjusters...

About the Apps - the main one I use is "Road Trips", but also have "Spyder Codes", which also allows data logging.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK SPYDERRT View Post
    Any adjustment that you make to the springs IS 'Adjusting the Pre-Load'. There are different products offered to do this. As always, each has advantages and disadvantages. But they are all attempting to accomplish this same task. To compensate for different weight loading on the Spyder.

The springs are constantly holding up your Spyder. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether you're riding it or not.

You start with the weight of your Spyder. Then you add YOU, a possible passenger, luggage, etc. Going around a corner also adds 'Weight' to the outside wheel. So you can see there are many variables. The shock spring needs to deal with all of it.

The more weight you add, the lower your Spyder settles as the springs are not able to carry more weight at the same ride height.

Setting the spring Pre-Load higher allows the springs to carry additional weight in the same way that a lower setting allows the springs to carry less weight.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...