Spyder Garage

Default Best wheel lock security device

Looking for a wheel/break lock for my new RT that I could use on the road, at motels. I've seen the Xena and Kryptonite. Would like one with an alarm. What do you use / found to be the best. What model number fits newer RT's.

Thanks
    Chris

Spyder Garage

Not sure why your looking? Have heard some people adding alarm systems but for the most part standard security : park brake, handle bar lock, programmed key, & funky mode button. Suffice. In saying that i just thought up a clamp like device that would cover/hide the mode button. Would be cheaper than a wheel lock . Thx for brain fart

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

My fav security devices are a 1911 and an AR-15 Never been one to be PC.

Spyder Garage

With all the "stuff" ya have to do to just start one, 2014 RT good luck. If someone wants it bad enough there's nothing U can do,Pull it up on a flat bed ad roll. The most U can do is keep all locked. My insurance covers most damage and theft, but as few around as there are , not Honda's ect, don't think to many have been ripped off. I have never seen a post with anyone saying there's was stolen. Put some Decals on it to customize it so U can describe it if it happens and that way your special paint ect will stand out. All ya gotta do is post it on this site and you will have national awareness on the happenings and many eyes looking. Were not a massive community so it will be hard to mask i like a Honda... take some pictures also of it with all additions. I have done that so if mine ever get stolen I have pictures of all sides of the bike with all my add-ons.

Spyder Garage

Haven had many businesses and cars etc that needed security, with the bike I added a Spy5000 POS alarm, if you get near the bike or touch it, it goes off. I am impressed with the "siren". You are a lot more likely to have vandalism because they can't just push it away. If someone already has the parts sold, they will know more about the bike than you do. They will grab it with a flatbed tow truck, locked or chained or whatever. Reality, is that if you aren't in LA, NY, Chicago etc, this isn't going to happen.

It is unique and not a common item to steal. IMO most bikes are stolen for a quick joy ride or for the parts/chop shop. The Spyder isn't at the top of any list. IMO a fitted cover is as good security as a "lock/chain" at a motel. Insurance would be a PITA but if it happens you have a little relief.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Allstate insurance

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just run a coated cable through th front tires and use a heavy duty rated Master Lock.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Security

[QUOTE=Chrisluckey;1156125]Looking for a wheel/break lock for my new RT that I could use on the road, at motels. I've seen the Xena and Kryptonite. Would like one with an alarm. What do you use / found to be the best. What model number fits newer RT's.

Thanks

Check out a product called larryalert. It works great as long as you don't venture too far away from your bike.

https://larryalert.com/

Spyder Garage

Default stolen bikes

a few years a go some of my buddies were on their way to sturges. they stopped for lunch.sitting there they saw a pick up pull up beside a bike.4or5 guys jumped out,grabbed a harley,just threw it in the truck and were gone in less than 30 seconds.if they want it they will get it.I have been riding for over 50 years and have been in 47 of the lower 48 and never had a bike bothered.Now i ride a spyder but all of my buddies ride harleys.no one is going to bother a spyder with 6 or8 harleys parked in same lot of a motel.maby the best insurance you can get is to ride with harley riders.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If the key is out of your bike, and the parking brake is locked: it's gonna take a small army to pick a Spyder up, and throw it on a trailer...
    (If it won't start or roll: they won't bother with it. )

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Security

My wife and I stopped for lunch at a small restaurant where other bikes were also parked. I noticed on one bike there was an empty leather holster for a handgun hanging on the handle bars. After lunch was over and everyone was outside getting ready to leave, I mentioned to the rider of that bike that his empty holster, being quite visible, could raise issues should law enforcement see it. He laughed and said there wasn't any gun for the holster. He just had it hanging there to intimidate any would be thieves who might be in the area.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I prefer a bit more "Pro-Active" approach...

b5d4de55bac4d5fe4d4278c997c5c186.jpg

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A good alarm or gps tracker might be all you need, 's are hard to start & hard to steal.