Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Seal vs. Web Floor Boards

I know they are both sponsors, and both products seem to be very similar in nature, function, and size, but is there a major difference or preference? I am looking to get floorboards in the near future, and at $600+ dollars, I want my moneys worth. I would really like to see some close up shots (really would love to see them in person) of the web boards. A friend just purchased a set of the seal boards, so I should see those in a week or so.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Apples vs Oranges again. You have a lot more room with the Seals, and don't need useless road pegs. My passengers even use the back of the Seal instead of the stock passenger floorboards.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Plan on comming to Spyderfest this year and you will see hundreds of that will have every different type of floorboards made for Spyders. Most of the people, if you ask, will let you sit on their to see how they feel for yourself! The majority of those who supply floorboards will be in attendance and doing installs!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

I have had Seals on two of my RT's. Still have them on the 2011 and akspyderlady is very happy with them. I liked the ability to move my feet around on a long trip. The 2014 came with its own set of OEM floorboards.

The 2010 floorboards went to IL for a second life.

Suggestions are good to visit a gathering and maybe get a chance to test sit a few variations.

Floorboards are like seats. What works for one person may be totally wrong for another.

Good luck on your quest. Let us know what works out for you.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Take a good look at the Seal "PUP" floorboards, i had them on two different Spyders and loved them, my 2014 has factory floorboards or i would have the Seal PUPs on again.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up web boards

Just installed my new web floor boards on my 2012 RT limited. Will attach picture tomorrow. They are rock solid, fit perfectly, installed in under an hour. Heavy duty stainless steel, and I opted for the black powder coated set, with non-slip coating. Have yet to take it for a ride, but am very impressed with fit and finish.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman403 View Post
    Just installed my new web floor boards on my 2012 RT limited. Will attach picture tomorrow. They are rock solid, fit perfectly, installed in under an hour. Heavy duty stainless steel, and I opted for the black powder coated set, with non-slip coating. Have yet to take it for a ride, but am very impressed with fit and finish.
    Thanks for replying. I am really looking forward to seeing the pictures. I will send you a pm with my email address so maybe I can zoom into the photos.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Go seal FB

You will find the Seal FB to be Just a little bit uncomfortable on your first ride I did because I was 2 years riding n foot pegs. I had to get used to having room to shuffling mmy feet around.

A plus factor is that you get minimal road. Debris blessing up on your feet. The Seal FB.are very well made no reaming out holes. Everything is well defined in the simple installation sheet. The sheet says to tighten all the bolts once then do it again a. Few days later. And then your done. I checked mine av year later and tthdedr were distill tight and as good looking as the day they came out of the box.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default weboards are great !

Some one who says weboards vibrate and put their feet to sleep must have something wrong with the machine or they were installed wrong. We rode our 2014 Rt 4200 in 3 weeks last summer and thank God for Weboards and being able to move my feet around to different positions so we could make a few 600 mile days. They get my thumbs up.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I like the seals we have, but checked the web boards out at SpyderQuest and they are very cool looking! Think it is a personal choice.
    image.jpg
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I also have the Web Boards on my 2012 RTS and I love them. Plenty of room to move your feet around and even stretch them out if you need to. I have gone on several 300-400 mile trips and no sleeply feet here. There is something wrong with your bike if it vibrates that much to put your feel asleep.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Peoples choice

I had the large Seal Boards on my 2010 RT. Provided a lot of surface area for my feet to move around - the front end is tipped up and almost as good as a highway peg. Plus feature is in rain you do not get wet from water off the front wheels - the Web Boards are open and MAY not provide the same protection. I'm just guessing here as I have no first hand knowledge of features one way or another about the Web Boards.

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don in E Texas View Post
    I had the large Seal Boards on my 2010 RT. Provided a lot of surface area for my feet to move around - the front end is tipped up and almost as good as a highway peg.
    Well, I sat on a friends spyder that just installed the web boards. The part about the tip being turned up is the only part that I don't like. I would rather that they be flat and then I would be able to extend my legs into the area without having my legs in the upward, highway peg position.

Spyder Garage

Default Mini Boards

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Well, I sat on a friends spyder that just installed the web boards. The part about the tip being turned up is the only part that I don't like. I would rather that they be flat and then I would be able to extend my legs into the area without having my legs in the upward, highway peg position.
    Hello Blacklightning!

Take a look at the mini boards that are available for the RT Models. They are flat (without the bend) This may be a consideration for you.. There is still plenty of room to move your feet around And they have the same Great look! Just click on the link below to view. Choose mini boards in the drop down list. Thanks for considering!

Bill

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bbodah View Post
    Hello Blacklightning!

Take a look at the mini boards that are available for the RT Models. They are flat (without the bend) This may be a consideration for you.. There is still plenty of room to move your feet around And they have the same Great look! Just click on the link below to view. Choose mini boards in the drop down list. Thanks for considering!

Bill
    Bill,

I have checked out the mini boards, and that is what I am going with. Been sort of busy lately, and haven't had a chance to order them. If I don't get to it within the next few weeks, I will probably call in the order and get them installed at Myrtle Beach when I go down. They do seem to fit the bill a lot better for what I am looking for. I just wanted something similar to the stock floorboards that are on the 2014 RT SE6 models.

Thanks,

Keith Cash

Spyder Garage

Sounds good Keith! Thanks for replying, I will have plenty in stock!