Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Is it possible.......

A family member of mine has an RT. I have an RS with floorboards. I was surprised to see that I am more comfortable on my RS than his RT. Now, he does not have floorboards and I am 6'2". I could not find the leg room.

Just an observation. I'll keep my RS..

Spyder Garage

Default Great feedback

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Dragonrider,

BUT, my opinion is very different from yours with respect to both the ST and the F3. The F3 is MUCH more than "just a cruiser". It's got adjustable foot pegs to offer a comfortable ride and a riding appeal to a wide range of potential customers. It's got a light weight tubular frame and the new 1330 engine, which is what gives it so much "muscle". With the gas tank being moved forward and lower on the frame, it's got a low center of gravity, which is what makes it perform so well in the turns. It's got the open access to the engine which resolves the heat problem. In short, it is the answer to almost ALL of Can Am's problems with the rest of the model line (beyond the new RT). That's why I predict that it will replace the RS entirely, and why the ST will pick up many of its features. .
    I believe that is fair to say about F3. One lady had 500 miles over 2 days ride of F3. Her comments: better on long rides for legs and hips. Easier handling with no tension or stress on your shoulders, on turns and curves ( no struggle or efforts).
    let us wait for more feedback. Other comment: shifting gears up and down easier and faster.

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Default We know

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ......So far I think I have kept to my New Year's resolution ..................of being a kinder ,gentler soul .....Mike
    Mike,
    we all know, " she made you do it" innocent man...

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Default Be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post

There's something for everyone in the world, let's celebrate our different ryding styles, not tear each other down.
    Well said..

ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Think more RTs are going to get sold this year for one reason. There are people out there who got burned (pun) on the new '13 STs and RTs. They are waiting for the beta testers to fix the kinks on the new F3s. Next year will probably have better sales for the F3. Feet forward is the lure for many bikers...

I'm surprised how many of y'all feel that you have to have a RT to tour. Not so. If you rig your F3 right, without buying BRP's overpriced undersized hard bags, you can go far and wide. I ordered the F3 because of the feet forward and the fuel milage. Won't need to stop in every town along the way this year. May stop to stretch, but a full tank won't be so critical.

There's something for everyone in the world, let's celebrate our different ryding styles, not tear each other down.
    OMG....as I live and breath....I didn't see this coming ...I think you are going to be one Happy Lady...............see you at the Track girl ..........Mike

Spyder Garage

I have a neighbor who fell in love with my RT, and decided he wanted to get an F3. He visited a dealer with F3s in stock, and went through his "wish list". Final price was $31,700. He happily rode home on a new 2014 RT Ltd, which we got for under $24K cash (no tax here).

He also said that none of the 2015 RTs the dealer had were under $29K, most were more.... lotta cash for a toy....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default GOTTA HAVE IT FEVER

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I have a neighbor who fell in love with my RT, and decided he wanted to get an F3. He visited a dealer with F3s in stock, and went through his "wish list". Final price was $31,700. He happily rode home on a new 2014 RT Ltd, which we got for under $24K cash (no tax here).

He also said that none of the 2015 RTs the dealer had were under $29K, most were more.... lotta cash for a toy....
    .....I'm sure I will have an F- 3, but I'll guarantee you this right now, it will be new , it will have the semi-auto trans, it will be a 2015, annnnnnnnnnnd I won't pay more than $ 17,000....................Stay tuned ..........................Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .....I'm sure I will have an F- 3, but I'll guarantee you this right now, it will be new , it will have the semi-auto trans, it will be a 2015, annnnnnnnnnnd I won't pay more than $ 17,000....................Stay tuned ..........................Mike
    Mike,

Give us a hint. Is it thru a dealer?

Spyder Garage

He'll wait until October, like I did for my RT....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Mike,

Give us a hint. Is it thru a dealer?
    Yesssssssssss,........I can't think of a way to get a NEW one some other way.................................and to Dragonrider , believe it or not , great deals can be had in June & July .....................Mike

Spyder Garage

Default I went for it.

I agree that good deals are down the road, they always are. But, for me, that final biological clock is ticking down and now was the time to buy. No regrets, totally worth it.

So far, the F3 feels very mature, nothing like a beta test model. I am sure it will see improvements and mod's, but I have not seen one thing that doesn't feel totally high performance. Actually, it is strange to see something so new and fresh, feel so competent.

I am not a Cruiser/Hotrod kind of person - at all. But, I do put lots more miles on my Chevy SSR than my Jeep. For me, it is all about performance. I can already tell the F3 is going to give them both a run for the miles this year.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

All the (known and assumed) demographics of Spyder owners strongly suggest that the RT will continue to be the biggest seller. BRP may advertise like mad to the younger crowd-- love those catalog models, guys!-- but let's be honest: the Spyder market skews older than any other bike manufacturer. The F3 is obviously a (great) attempt at appealing to a more age-diverse crowd, but you're still faced with the challenge of getting people who would otherwise never look at two wheels to look at three.

The RT is right in the wheelhouse of the older two-wheel riders who want the safety, confidence, and comfort of three wheels but don't want to give up long-distance touring. That's BRP's bread and butter.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

I wonder about that - In the Southwest, a bike or Spyder can be a daily driver - all year long. Given the benefits of the Spyder in stop & go traffic, decent milage, and fun factor, I'll wager the F3 will bring in customers down there. Here in the great Northwet, or other places in the country, where it actually rains more than three days a year, probably not so much....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default Is it possible...?

Anything is possible.

The one thing that holds me back from the F3 right now is it's lack of storage.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC