Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Visabilty Question

I am coming from a Peal Yellow GL1800. I know with only 4 color options for an RT Limited, they are probably pretty evenly distributed in sales. My question is in regards to the Pearl White. Do the owners of this color feel that it offers a high visibility index on the road; both day & night?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 RTL pearl white. During daylight I run with the fog lights and high beams. The Spyder "seems" to be more visible than a motorcyle.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    I am coming from a Peal Yellow GL1800. I know with only 4 color options for an RT Limited, they are probably pretty evenly distributed in sales. My question is in regards to the Pearl White. Do the owners of this color feel that it offers a high visibility index on the road; both day & night?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    My first RT was black and I now have Pearl White. I believe white is more visible but I drive also with high beams on in the daytime.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Look at this thread

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...491#post927491

These lights make you VERY visible!
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Spyder Garage

I have a white RS,did not want white,but it's what they had,now I love it,it's very visible and you can put any color lights or other decorations on it without fear it won't look good with your 's color
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Yellow and red are considered most visible. White stands out well also. Lights on, extra running lights don't hurt the equation.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default white color does help

Mine was only half white, but it made a difference in visibility. Most of my riding is in the canyons, and early or late in the day especially in the winter that means lots of shadows and changing sunlight, going from being blinded to feeling like you're in twilight. Whenever I've ridden with friends, they've commented about the white being visible for longer distances. I'd hear things like "I couldn't see (fill in the name), but I could always see Dianne's Spyder."
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Hi can-am sam,

Re: During daylight I run with the . . . and high beams.

I really do not know the laws in other states, but here in Oregon that is illegal if you are in traffic; open road, not a problem.

Just sayin',

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default VISIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by can-am sam View Post
    I have a 2014 RTL pearl white. During daylight I run with the fog lights and high beams. The Spyder "seems" to be more visible than a motorcyle.
    ....and I also have a Pearl white one......but nothing takes the place of .....LED's....AND MORE LED'S ......mIKE

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Lights in the daytime make me more visible than any color will.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike: Look at a Thread that I posted about "New Pictures of LED'S on a 14RT- Basic I posted this on 1/22/2015. The 14RT-Basic is a Pearl White. You can see what the LED'S look like on a 14RT-Basic.

Send a PM to Blueknight911 ( Mike) that is his 14RT-Basic.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue