Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    [/B]
    She gets $500K a year for her efforts.
    I'll be shopping around & I too had to drop my coverage to approx. $1300/yr but still high. I told them to tell Flo how dissatisfied I was....will be dropping them as soon as I find better coverage. Not sure if Rider serves the south east state? but will ask...thanks for the tip...stay warm up north, way up north.....

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    First, your agent classified the Sypder as a "classic trike" - it isn't. Shop around, & find a company that knows what they are insuring. My insurance is high out here at $385/year.
    I think that you are correct on that since when I called, I was told that they did not have a classification for the 2015 Spyder. I did explain that the it was NOT a "trike" & that the 2 wheels were up front thus making it a much safer vehicle but it didn't seem to matter. I am now in the process of shopping around. Thanks for the comment.

Spyder Garage

Default You're correct....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    There's no way to accurately compare your policy to anyone else's; you need to ask your Independent Agent to shop you policy around for you, and see what they find...
    Good luck!
    just wanted to get an idea of how much others were paying, especially those in the state of Florida just for a comparison. It just seemed that the price quoted to me was way to high & was not given a detailed explanation as to why the significant difference. I did drop the values on my coverage & got it down to $1300/yr. but I hope to get a better price hopefully with better coverage as I shop around. I've received some great tips & are now shopping around, thanks for the respose.

Spyder Garage

Wow. I thought you guys in the states paid really cheap insurance with so many insurance companies to choose from. Here in Canada it is a lot different.
    We only have a few insurance companies as the big ones are buying out the smaller ones and so on. Not much competition.

I have a 2008 GS Roadster and pay $200.00/year. This is full coverage. But this is because we have our 14 Corolla and house with the same company. The more you give the same company, the cheaper it gets, along with an excellent driving record and no claims for 10 years.
    I know a guy down the street who owns a 2012 RT and he is paying $575.25/yr. full coverage.

So I guess its where you live and many other conditions. Also, we can't ride in the winter here in Ontario, so that helps a lot I guess.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DAIRYLAND

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Does your full coverage include Uninsured Motorist? If I'm remembering correctly, the GEICO quote was three hundred and something till I added the Uninsured Motorist and that pretty much doubled the premium.

When I bought the Spyder, I couldn't get in touch with my Dairyland agent and I needed to get it insured, so I went with GEICO. After seeing your post, I will definitely be getting a quote from Dairyland and a couple of the other companies suggested here.
    .........................................yes it does ....in Vermont it's MANDATORY ............PLUS I have 100/300/50 and 1000 deductable.....5000 for add-on's....towing etc..........................Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Insurance

I have Nationwide, they very reasonable and great customer service. I pay $340 for 12 month coverage.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by speedbuggy View Post
    Wow. I thought you guys in the states paid really cheap insurance with so many insurance companies to choose from. Here in Canada it is a lot different.
    We only have a few insurance companies as the big ones are buying out the smaller ones and so on. Not much competition.

I have a 2008 GS Roadster and pay $200.00/year. This is full coverage. But this is because we have our 14 Corolla and house with the same company. The more you give the same company, the cheaper it gets, along with an excellent driving record and no claims for 10 years.
    I know a guy down the street who owns a 2012 RT and he is paying $575.25/yr. full coverage.

So I guess its where you live and many other conditions. Also, we can't ride in the winter here in Ontario, so that helps a lot I guess.
    Thats crazy, here in California my rate goes from 360 a year (for liability and comprehensive for theft) to 1200 a year if i want to add collision. Just like my Yamaha, to insure a brand new sport bike cost me about $100 a year for liability. If i want full coverage it goes to about 1100 per year, since the bike is only worth maybe 5k now that means i would have paid for the bike again just in insurance cost in 5 years, what kind of sense does that make? Anyone who has full coverage on a bike or older spyder should consider how much the difference is vs. the value of their bike. I hate insurance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I have Dairyland Full coverage and I pay $ 249 12 mos. any mileage ..................It cost nothing for a quote !!!!!...........Mike
    And Mike gets a free quart of milk a month.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Legally, you can't register a car out here without insurance - uninsured and collision is mandated (Big Bro knows best!!). However, we have a TON of "undocumented residents" who buy cars & drive without licenses or insurance - driving our rates up and up. Used to be that - for those with winter - you could suspend insurance for three months, and save a lot on the premium. Don't know if that's still the case.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default Here In High Rate CT

$1,263.00/year with Progressive through USAA. Full coverage, vehicle replacement, UI motorist, roadside assistance, and the RT-622 trailer.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post
    I had Progressive on my 2005 GoldWing... after I sold it... I bought a 2014 Spyder RT limited... I too was shocked how much Progressive wanted to insure my Spyder.... I shopped around.... Geico was less than HALF the price of Progressive for the exact same coverage... I suggest calling Geico..

osm
    My experience exactly!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arecibo50 View Post
    Hi 'Everyone",
    I just got shocked to know that insurance for my 2015 RT LTD was doubled to that of my 2012 BMW K1600GTL. I was paying approx. $987 (100/300, Stacked, $500 deductible, full coverage) with Progressive. My new quote for the same coverage is $1,940 for the Cam-Am.

I live in the central Florida. Want to know if anyone out there is paying the same? Open to suggestions.

If you are able try USAA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Here's Why Progressive Is SOOOOO High

I'm soon to go from a GoldWing Hannigan Trike to an RT Limited. I have progressive insurance @max limits and $250.000 deductable. I called them re: my soon-to-be RT Limited. Yes, they wanted to 2X my premium, just like has been reported by other posters. Her's the reason why: They only have ONE rating category for any/all Can-Ams. No differentiation between sport trikes, F3s, or RTs. Other insurance companies do have different rates depending on model. AARP/Foremost was $84.00 a year more than my '09 with Progressive. Going to call Dairyland on Monday.
    They must pay FLO a gazillion dollars
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Being a new owner of a 2014 RT Limited I wanted to get it insured before it was put on the truck to ship to me.

After calling Prgressive, Geico and Dairyland I was getting a little uncomfortable...for full coverage and a $500.00 deductible everyone wa in the upper $600.00 per year.

So, late that night I decided to call MY insurance company out of desperation - you see my last 3 bikes (Burgman 650, Goldwing 1800 GL and Yamaha FJR 1300) State Farm could not come close to Progressive....so when my agent quoted me $27.07 per month I was the one telling him there had to be a huge mistake. He said no. I said you better sign me up quick before the quote changes its mind!!!

$324.84 per year for me!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Same Experience with Progressive

Jumping in here late, but I experienced the same thing this year with Progressive.

After insuring a BMW F800 and a Can-Am RTL for a year with Progressive, they increased my premium 25% at the renewal. Geico offered better coverage for almost 30% less than the rate offered by Progressive.

Guess where my money is going?

Bye Flo .....
    Hers - 2014 Can-Am RTL Platinum Satin and matching RT-622 Trailer
    His - 2014 BMW F800GS - Kalamata Matte

Spyder Garage

Default And I thought my premiums were high! Maybe not.

I have Rider Insurance and just got my renewal for my '14 RT Limited. $599.00/yr. Bodily Injury limits are 250k/500k/100k with Uninsured Motorists limits of 250k/500k/10k and Underinsured Motorists limits of 250k/500k. All this with Roadside Assistance. $250/250 Deductibles (Comprehensive/Collision).

Rider also has an $8000.00 "Rider Accessory Package" included. They said it also covers my RT 622 trailer.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

$370 a yr. here for my 2015 Ltd. Geico.
    mtbear

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Weird how rates from a company vary so greatly from state to state. I had Foremost on my previous bike (because I have all my other insurance through Farmers and that's what they use for motorcycle ins.) When I asked my agent for a quote on my 2014 RT Limited, Foremost quoted about $550/year for full coverage and $1K deductibles. Geico and Allstate quoted the same coverage for about $330/year. Guess who switched to Geico?!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by etaoin View Post
    Weird how rates from a company vary so greatly from state to state?!
    That's one of the keys.Others are:
    Zip code
    Renewal vs. New
    Underlying limits