Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So I see them on EBay, but what the heck is your reserve on these -- I've been popping the price up and have yet to hit your reserve. ??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile rear peg extenders

What's the availability and how much? Thanks, jerrym

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Now those Brownie points will be added up!

I'll be looking everyday in my mail! LOL

Spyder Garage

Default i would like a set

plase send me a set and the company that well machine for me nead a adaptor for mine to put regler pegs on they are to thin to fit
    thank you or call me H 508 477 7187 cell 508 367 4621

Spyder Garage

Default Cost Factor

Whats the price on the rear peg extenders?

Spyder Garage

I just finished installing these on my Spyder today and my wife loves them. They are a tight fit, but fit and look like they were OEM. Tony sent 4 pins to use with the new setup, but I used two of the originals since they were shorter and do not have the extensions showing. I also ordered the exhaust lowering bracket and installed it at the same time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HD2CANAM View Post
    I just finished installing these on my Spyder today and my wife loves them. They are a tight fit, but fit and look like they were OEM. Tony sent 4 pins to use with the new setup, but I used two of the originals since they were shorter and do not have the extensions showing. I also ordered the exhaust lowering bracket and installed it at the same time.
    Why lower the exhaust? Are the passenger's feet to close to the exhaust after installation of the rear peg extensions?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Why lower the exhaust? Are the passenger's feet to close to the exhaust after installation of the rear peg extensions?

That depends on what kind of exhaust you have on your Spyder. Let's say you have a stock exhaust. That has a pretty large can on it. Anytime your relocate the passangers feet with an extension. You will put their right foot closer to the exhaust can. In order to avoid any shoes melting on the can, or the passangers right foot getting hot, you may want to lower the exhaust. Most after market exhausts that I have seen, the cans have a much smaller diameter. So lowering the exhaust isn't really necessary.

I lowered mine exhaust (hindle) before I relocated the rear foot pegs. Only because I prefer the straight back look to the exhaust, rather than the angle of the stock position.

So, the option to lower the exhuast is entirely up to the owner of the spyder.

Spyder Garage

I get my Spyder back on Saturday. Soon after, I'll mount my Nelson-Rigg bags, and I'll know if I need these extensions.

Since, I have the Hindle; I'm hoping that I won't need to lower it for my Wife's riding boots to clear.
    - Greg

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow Metallic

Previously owned...

2008 Spyder GS (Full Moon) 32,800 miles
    2011 Spyder RS-S (Magnesium/Black) 31,230 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Click here to see what can happen with passenger peg extensions and the stock exhaust. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9516
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sabunim5 View Post
    Click here to see what can happen with passenger peg extensions and the stock exhaust. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9516
    Yes I saw that. That's with the stock exhaust. Can-Am's version of these extensions also lowers the exhuast. The Exhaust can, and pleanty of room plus it has the heat shield.

I could be mistaken but, I believe BRP is coming out with a heat shield for the stock pipe, that looks just like the hindle
    Last edited by tjfischer; 03-19-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Here is a shot with exhaust lowered.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tjfischer View Post
    Here is a shot with exhaust lowered.
    Tony: are you still offering the exhaust lowering bracket, if needed? I didn't see that in your new auction.
    - Greg

Previously owned...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yes I saw that. That's with the stock exhaust. Can-Am's version of these extensions also lowers the exhuast. The Exhaust can, and pleanty of room plus it has the heat shield.

I could be mistaken but, I believe BRP is coming out with a heat shield for the stock pipe, that looks just like the hindle
    The heat shield does mimic the Hindle shield and is currently available. It does two things. It helps cover up the huge stock black can and covers the burn spot. Some dealer have given it to owners as a way to address burn spot, but even if you have to pay $60 it is a nice touch. It is a little delicate to install, but it looks nice on. You have to look twice to tell it's not the Hindle, but the sound is still a dead giveaway.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPjunkie View Post
    The heat shield does mimic the Hindle shield and is currently available. It does two things. It helps cover up the huge stock black can and covers the burn spot. Some dealer have given it to owners as a way to address burn spot, but even if you have to pay $60 it is a nice touch. It is a little delicate to install, but it looks nice on. You have to look twice to tell it's not the Hindle, but the sound is still a dead giveaway.
    Nice to know for those who have the Stock pipe. Do you have one? Have you posted Picts?

Spyder Garage

I just ordered a set of your extensions w/bracket, Tony. The Nelson-Rigg bags do make it a bit too tight for the passenger.
    - Greg

Previously owned...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just put my extensions on tonight, no issues, look good and like HD2CANAM mentioned, I will actually remove the 2 longer pins Tony sends with them and replace with 2 of the stock pines as these stick out more than I care for. The foot pegs on my spyder were pretty tight to move in and out, but a little WD40 on them and all is smooth now.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blinc View Post
    Just put my extensions on tonight, no issues, look good and like HD2CANAM mentioned, I will actually remove the 2 longer pins Tony sends with them and replace with 2 of the stock pines as these stick out more than I care for. The foot pegs on my spyder were pretty tight to move in and out, but a little WD40 on them and all is smooth now.
    Many thanks to Tony for rushing the delivery of these passenger peg extensions to me in time for the next leg of the banner run on Friday!

Great directions with clear photographs, time estimate was dead on (40 minutes). I don't know if he changed the pins, but mine were the same length as stock.

I have to thank Ev for his (usual) rush of the No Magic Neon passenger peg adapters as well! I'm going to use his adapters along with tjfischer's extensions and a set of Kuryakyn mini boards which match my highway pegs.

If I get the Kury Iso mini boards

delivered in time, I'll post photos. The lovely bride should definitely be more comfy on The Banner (and Sharpie) ride to downtown Canada.

Thanks Tony! Thanks Ev! More great customer service!
    Last edited by jeuchler; 04-14-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Price for peg extension

Can you quote a price and procedure to order a set?jimfowler@aol.com
    That depends on what kind of exhaust you have on your Spyder. Let's say you have a stock exhaust. That has a pretty large can on it. Anytime your relocate the passangers feet with an extension. You will put their right foot closer to the exhaust can. In order to avoid any shoes melting on the can, or the passangers right foot getting hot, you may want to lower the exhaust. Most after market exhausts that I have seen, the cans have a much smaller diameter. So lowering the exhaust isn't really necessary.

I lowered mine exhaust (hindle) before I relocated the rear foot pegs. Only because I prefer the straight back look to the exhaust, rather than the angle of the stock position.

So, the option to lower the exhuast is entirely up to the owner of the spyder.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jimfowler View Post
    For what it's worth, Jim, my lovely bride just rode passenger for 700 miles in two days this week with Tony's passenger extensions without any lowering bracket for the exhaust.

I have a Micron pipe on the Spyder, and the bride is 5'10" with, uh...proportionally sized feet. She loved the change in position, had no complaints, and there was no burning of shoes.

Rode another 100 miles today, same satisfaction.

Just my $.02 worth of experience from this week.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jim, they are on ebay under can-am spyder. Was on page 2 today when I looked. Sorry, I can link you. Having trouble with my cut and paste. Price is $150 without exhaust bracket and $165 with.

Spyder Garage

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Can-A...3A1|240%3A1318

Spyder Garage

Great name for the product would be WaterSpyder Leggs

Spyder Garage

Any long term use reports on these?

I'm a bit concerned about the long lever arm on these causing failure at the stock mounting points - BRP added a rearward stub, in their extenders, bolted into the frame to pickup this torsional load, I assume, to eliminate this as a potential problem.

But I prefer the look of these over the BRP's.... Is everybody happy so far?
    Last edited by QuadManiac; 07-03-2009 at 01:55 AM.
    '08 SE5 #123 - Red - F1 Slider - BRP Comfort Seat - Spyder City 3" Riser

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuadManiac View Post
    Any long term use reports on these?

I'm a bit concerned about the long lever arm on these causing failure at the stock mounting points - BRP added a rearward stub, in their extenders, bolted into the frame to pickup this torsional load, I assume, to eliminate this as a potential problem.

But I prefer the look of these over the BRP's.... Is everybody happy so far?
    I've brought a set of these and no problem! my wife likes it and I've earned my brownie points with em.