Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default From "Analog" to "Digital" at no cost to you.

This is for RT owners, it may be the same for other models but i don't know.

This is information for the people who do not know this.

If you disconnect BOTH your analog Fuel gauge and your analog Temperature gauge ............

You will automatically get both gauges to show up on your Digital Display System ...............

The Digital Display is much more accurate.

(You must disconnect both in order for this to work.)

Questions????

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

YES

how much Tupperware do we have to take off to do this option??

Spyder Garage

Cool, Thanks Cruzr Joe!
    I can count the number of times I'm scrolled through the menus lo oking for the on/off switch for the digital gauges! (It's gotta be here, It's gotta be here)
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

just remove the 4 screws on the display panel pull out gently and unplug the gauges push the wires back in there and decide what you want to replace them with i personally went with voltage and oil pressure.this conversion from analog to digital was put out in 2011 i'm surprised alot of people still don't know about it. my opinion brp should of never put in analog gauges for fuel and water temp should been something else more worthwhile. yes fuel gauge is more accurate in the digital stage then the analog.there was a warranty fix if you had a faulty gas gauge which there was alot of mine was bouncing like a wiper blade all the time when i first got it.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

This is another "factoid" that should go in Roger's APP.

Roger.... You watching?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Sometimes the easiest mods get forgotten because they were so easy. This is a great upgrade that cost nothing.

And then if you want to .......................... you can install other options in the places where the gauges are now (They are 52MM Openings)

I installed a Dual USB on one side and a clock on the other, but i am going to replace the clock with a volt meter. Power is already there at the openings.

The biggest difference is that you get much more accurate gauges in the digital mode.

Cruzr Joe
    Last edited by Cruzr Joe; 01-08-2015 at 09:20 AM.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I used the BRP stock cover on the left and a 12 volt on the right. Easy

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I agree that there are some cool things that can be installed in place of the Fuel and Temp gauges, but I must say the gauges on our 2012 RTL have been steady and spot on since day one. No complaints here.

Spyder Garage

I actually really like the cute analog gauges :3 here's to hoping they aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

Nice to see there's an option to get them turned into their digital counterparts, thank you for sharing!
    ╔═.♥. ═══════════════════════════════
    ║Proud owner of a 2012 Spyder RT-S that has yet to be named...
    ╚══════.♥. ════════════════════════════

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Sometimes the easiest mods get forgotten because they were so easy. This is a great upgrade that cost nothing.

And then if you want to .......................... you can install other options in the places where the gauges are now (They are 52MM Openings)

I installed a Dual USB on one side and a clock on the other, but i am going to replace the clock with a volt meter. Power is already there at the openings.

The biggest difference is that you get much more accurate gauges in the digital mode.

Cruzr Joe
    I bet I know what volt gauge your getting

Bob

2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post

Bob

YEP, Thanks to you.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I would love to put a 6" digital screen on if they ever made it with reverse camera
    o well, pipe dreaming

Spyder Garage

Default GAUGES

Speaking of gauges, it wouldn't bother me if the analog RPM gauge and speedometer were eliminated on my ST-S. I never look at them. The digital gauge has everything I need.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So you have to disconnect both analog gauges to get it to show on the Stock Display? or can only one be disconnected to show on the display if I only want to disconnect one on the analog gauges.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks..!!

For the reminder and I'm sure news to many who have not suffered the guage accuracy issue... just remember once you disconnect them they no longer work...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post

Bob

Sent PM Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    So you have to disconnect both analog gauges to get it to show on the Stock Display? or can only one be disconnected to show on the display if I only want to disconnect one on the analog gauges.

Sorry but you must disconnect both, nice thing about it is that if you don't like the digital ................. just reconnect the analog and all will go back to what you had.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default Clock

I have been looking for a 52mm clock to replace one and a blank cover for the other. I need a clock that can be seen easily in the day. any suggestions? Ebay and Amazon have a lot to choose from but some seem like the would be hard to see. (old eyes ). Thanks for any help.
    Gary C

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hognut View Post
    I have been looking for a 52mm clock to replace one and a blank cover for the other. I need a clock that can be seen easily in the day. any suggestions? Ebay and Amazon have a lot to choose from but some seem like the would be hard to see. (old eyes ). Thanks for any help.
    Gary C

The absolute best one is from "Clocks4Bikes.com" it sticks on a blank, and the battery lasts for about three years. Look at the Stick on ones.

Cruzr Joe

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

To play devil's advocate here - other than people saying so, define "more accurate" for the digital display.

When my gas gauge was low enough to trigger the fuel light for the first time, I added just over 5 gallons. Therefore, my fuel gauge was in agreement with the tank contents.

I can tell when my fans will kick on from the position of the temp gauge, pretty much when the needle is horizontal.

Unless alternator (I assume the Spyder uses one?) failures are common, battery voltage is really not a critical need to know when riding, other than a neat looking gauge.

So, I guess I don't see the need to unplug analog gauges to further clutter the digital one. I also don't have a problem with anyone else doing it, I am just wondering where the benefit comes from. A digital display using the same inputs as the analog will have the same accuracy, IMO.

Spyder Garage

Just a suggestion, while you have your dashboard off, paint your dashboard ( going from Analog to Digital) the same color of your spyder.

Go to Gallery,
    1. My Albums
    2. Look/click @ my pictures " Dashboard 14RTS-SE6 in Cognac"
    You will see the before/after picture of my dashboard.
    What a difference the painted dashboard makes.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    To play devil's advocate here - other than people saying so, define "more accurate" for the digital display.

When my gas gauge was low enough to trigger the fuel light for the first time, I added just over 5 gallons. Therefore, my fuel gauge was in agreement with the tank contents.

I can tell when my fans will kick on from the position of the temp gauge, pretty much when the needle is horizontal.

Unless alternator (I assume the Spyder uses one?) failures are common, battery voltage is really not a critical need to know when riding, other than a neat looking gauge.

So, I guess I don't see the need to unplug analog gauges to further clutter the digital one. I also don't have a problem with anyone else doing it, I am just wondering where the benefit comes from. A digital display using the same inputs as the analog will have the same accuracy, IMO.

I think this was more a problem with Spyders prior to 2014. On my 2012 RT the fuel gauge would read empty when I would have half or quarter tank left, but the digital would be correct. Although both have the same input the interpretation of that input could be different between devices. On my 2014 however both digital and analog seem to be in agreement. There have been many anecdotal reports on here of grossly inaccurate analog gauges but I don't recall too many related to the 2014's. It's possible BRP got a bad batch of poorly calibrated gauges. BTW I am only speaking about fuel gauge, I had no issues with temp gauge.
    Dan

2014 RT-S SE6, 2012 RT-622 trailer

Spyder Garage

This is for RT owners, it may be the same for other models but i don't know.

This is information for the people who do not know this.

If you disconnect BOTH your analog Fuel gauge and your analog Temperature gauge ............

You will automatically get both gauges to show up on your Digital Display System ...............

The Digital Display is much more accurate.

(You must disconnect both in order for this to work.)

Questions????

Cruzr Joe
    I did it on both my 2010 RT and the 2011 RT. After two gas gauges were put in the 2010--the gauge was still all over the place. When I got the 2011, akspyderlady had me change hers over within the first 100 miles.

No issues with the 2014 gas gauge, so I have left the gauges alone.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I did it on both my 2010 RT and the 2011 RT. After two gas gauges were put in the 2010--the gauge was still all over the place. When I got the 2011, akspyderlady had me change hers over within the first 100 miles.

No issues with the 2014 gas gauge, so I have left the gauges alone.

I did it on my 12 & my 13 and now my 14 because i am familiar with it and prefer it, not sure if the 14 gauges were spot on or not.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

I did it on my 12 & my 13 and now my 14 because i am familiar with it and prefer it, not sure if the 14 gauges were spot on or not.

Cruzr Joe
    I am feeling that the 2014 gauges are pretty much spot on.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red