Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This post is getting very interesting. I would love to have had the 89 tooth rear on my 2012 RSS. It would be like when the 80's model fox body mustangs were switching from the 2.73 and 3.08 gearing to something like a 3.73 or 4.10. It would really wake up that 225 hp 5.0 engine. Good luck with your changes, and report how things work out.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    This post is getting very interesting. I would love to have had the 89 tooth rear on my 2012 RSS. It would be like when the 80's model fox body mustangs were switching from the 2.73 and 3.08 gearing to something like a 3.73 or 4.10. It would really wake up that 225 hp 5.0 engine. Good luck with your changes, and report how things work out.

Thus far with minimum drive time on this upgrade it's been sold as a rock. It definitely livened it up as I'm a big guy and it wouldn't even come close to breaking loose on a WOT start before with me riding it and now it'll pull off hard then blister the tire like a MoFo.... Higher top end was programmed in along with 600RPM more pull. The icing on the cake for my buddy is the quick start feature like the police bikes have.. turn the key on and you can instantly start it and take off (I always hated that nanny bull-s.h.i.t. CanAm programmed in to this bike with that stupid safety screen). The safety screen still requires you to hit the button to clear it but it no longer inhibits immediate start and take off. As soon as the weather gets better we will be taking my radar gun out along with and identical bone stock RT Limited and doing some trap speed & time tests to really verify if this battle was worth the headaches and cost.
    Last edited by gmctech; 04-12-2018 at 11:59 AM.