Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Progressive via USAA

I have all (5) of my cars insured with USAA. They don't insure motorcycles directly, but they use Progressive to write their bike policies. In an effort to simplify my finances, and because I fully support and believe in USAA, I switched my bike coverage to Progressive through them. My premiums appear to be a little higher, but good insurance is not all about the costs. I found this out recently when our Spyder was totaled and they couldn't have handled it better. The payoff was prompt, and frankly, more than I expected. I now know why collision coverage for our spyders can be so expensive!

Maybe the respect and appreciation that USAA has for current and former military transfers to Progressive. If so, it merits my patronage.
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hut1 View Post
    Maybe the respect and appreciation that USAA has for current and former military transfers to Progressive. If so, it merits my patronage.
    I used to have auto insurance with USAA. Never again. I have also had a lot of other folks tell me that USAA was quick to double and triple their rates. I got started with Progressive because that is the company Armed Forces Insurance uses to do automotive insurance. Progressive did do right by me when my Venture was totaled about three years ago, and as far as I recall did not raise my rates (accident was not my fault).

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

I have Progressive for my Spyder (and other motorcycles in the past) only. I use someone else for my cars. I haven't had any problems with them at all, though I'm thinking of looking at USAA.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

I have Progressive (8 years) for my 2013 RT LTD spyder, 2006 Piaggio X9 500 Evo, and 2004 Aprilia Atlantic 500, all for $435 per year, full coverage. I have USAA (31 years) for my home, two cars and my Honda Ridgeline. Never had an issue with either company raising my rates for any claim.

Spyder Garage

I'm with them & no problems here, thankfully

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

All of our bikes are on Progressive. Saved a lot of money compared to Foremost for the same level of coverage. I had them for only one month when I hit deer with my BMW... and they were great to deal with on the repairs. My rates have been reduced each year since too.
    2012 RT-SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

From all of the above posts, it appears one true generality is that there are no generalities across all riders, all states, all bikes. That said, I have used Progressive for years on my bikes. We totaled the GL1800 Gold Wing in the state of Washington with over 100K on the bike. Hit a deer. We live in PA. Progressive was outstanding in their service. Quickly trucked the bike up to Spokane where they had a motorcycle appraiser. He called me in PA several times and was very good to work with. They gave me a very good value for the totaled Gold Wing -- seven years' old and 100K miles. And they covered all the options and riding gear (helmets, gloves, jackets, etc) up to the limit of the policy with no hassle. I had a check in my hands two weeks after I got home from Washington. Just my personal experience -- couldn't have been more pleased.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

Default Had to change because of High rates

Had all my motorcycles and cars insured with Progressive for years. Then I got the Spyder and they were unreasonably high compared to other companies . Now my motorcycles are insured with Foremost and my cars with the Hartford.
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Spyder Garage

I wonder about state farms slogan " move to a better state". My state i know sucks for most any insurance, but there is no proper way to compare the info of where would be better/cheaper. & or why that state has such high rates. LA is lots of uninsured drivers! Heads up when visiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

some people did have problems with Peter Lewis' politics and beliefs. I worked for the company for about 10yrs as a trainer and also in motorcycle marketing. Sat with the man several times, he was a cool guy that came up with some bizzare ideas but knew how to make money and create a brand in a boring industry. He was always a large contributer to the legalization of marajuania and he did use it to aleviate pain in his leg which he eventually had amputated below the knee. He and his family are and will always be the corperations largest shareholders. There are several generations of Lewis' still around How is father and his business partner started the company is quite the interesting story

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    There seems to be a thing against them. Saying all sorts of stuff that they were supposed to do, from being a communist party (which no longer exist) to supporting *****. I have their insurance and have no problem with them.
    What I was wondering is if anyone else uses them? And I did go to truth or fiction and all they said is it is a rumor. So I think it is just a smear project. Does anyone have more info on this?
    The original liberal CEO and founder of Progressive may be taking a dirt nap but the name he gave his company lives on and that would be enough to keep me away. However I must say that I love their commercials. The idea of the Flo character was genius. Oh, and another thing - there is a communist party and there are many communists around the world, many of them right here in the U.S. They don't like to be labeled as such however. To think that communism/Marxism no longer exists in the world is naïve to say the least.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I use Progressive. I've heard about the founder's politics since I got the policy, but it won't keep me from doing business with them as long as the rate is reasonable and the service is good.

Money doesn't know politics. It's a slippery slope to let politics drive economic decisions. Especially when there's no chance that boycotting will affect them. If they want to be liberal, but will let me keep more of my own money, I'll use them.

4-Degrees: My brother's boss' step-son is a struggling actor in southern Calif. and knows the gal who plays Flo. He said she's a comic and he said she does hilarious stand-up.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Totally agree on the politics issue. If we knew the backstory on most big companies, it would probably be very easy to not buy from any of them.

For a while, I would not buy Exxon gas because of the drama caused by the Exxon Valdez oil spill. I even got over that. At the moment, my boycott list is small indeed--and I am not saying what or who.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Dndfindly I know there is still a commie belief. I only meant it was not the same as stated in the original context. At 82 I am anything but naive.
    Last edited by MrBones; 01-05-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    Dndfindly I know there is still a commie belief. I only meant it was not the same as stated in the original context. At 82 I am anything but naive.
    Then maybe we have an understanding. However not only is there a communist belief - there is also a Communist Party.

Spyder Garage

Default Flo

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Did you know that Flo makes $500,000 a year for her commercials with Progressive. Great work if you can get it.
    And doesn't even have to Act.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The ONLY really important factor that should be considered in the purchase of insurance:

How will the Company treat you during, and after a loss??

More important than even the price!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default USAA member since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by hut1 View Post
    I have all (5) of my cars insured with USAA. They don't insure motorcycles directly, but they use Progressive to write their bike policies. In an effort to simplify my finances, and because I fully support and believe in USAA, I switched my bike coverage to Progressive through them. My premiums appear to be a little higher, but good insurance is not all about the costs. I found this out recently when our Spyder was totaled and they couldn't have handled it better. The payoff was prompt, and frankly, more than I expected. I now know why collision coverage for our spyders can be so expensive!

4 vehicles, 1 horse trailer, house and property thru USAA. They recommended Progressive for my 2 harleys and 2 spyders. No claims on the cycles, but prices seem reasonable. And I absolutely trust USAA.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

I have Progressive and respectfully, Flo is no Communist.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

The real Flo

Last edited by Magdave; 04-04-2015 at 01:12 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FLO

15 OR 20 years ago ????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike,
    She's still wet behind the ears; she's only 45...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I use Progressive for my Spyder and snowmobiles. Their rates are too cheap not too. My Spyder rate is $180 and the sleds are $125 each.

Spyder Garage

I think it depend on were you live. Here in New Mexico they wanted 750.00 a year. State farm was 450.00. I also think that there still not sure how to classify a spyder yet.

Spyder Garage

Cool

I had State Farm for years (on everything), started raising prices for no obvious reason. Switched to Allstate, had them for years...they did the same. We have been with Progressive now for about ten years; house, cars, truck, mcycle. They were cheaper on everything. Had a few tows, wife was rear ended...everything fixed. No rate increases on vehicles...in fact over the years on the motorcycle they lowered it.

I just got a new Spyder and added it to the policy. $288.00 a years for full coverage . I thought it was a good price....HOW DOES IT COMPARE to what you pay ?

So for now...we are happy with them...and FLO is a peach !
    Craig From Albany Oregon