Spyder Garage

Default Frunk 12 Volt Outlet

Is the 12 volt outlet in the trunk fused? Disconnected the battery tender and thought I heard a pop like a fused blew now the outlet has no power.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chief49 View Post
    Is the 12 volt outlet in the trunk fused? Disconnected the battery tender and thought I heard a pop like a fused blew now the outlet has no power.
    There are two fuse positions in the fuse box for that outlet on most RT's. One is connected directly to the battery, and the other goes through the ignition switch. To use it with the battery tender you want to select the fuse position that is directly wired to the battery. The owners manual contains more information about this.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

I have a 2011 and it does that any time I unplug something - F9 I think in the Frunk. I installed an ASE plug directly from the battery to under the seat and I use that for my charger (can also use it for a compressor or could be used for heated gear) and I put a 20A fuse in that. I have a satellite receiver hooked up to the 12 vdc plug in the trunk and just leave it plugged in.

I don't remember for sure but I think the newer models have a different fuse. At any rate, I highly recommend adding the aux plug. On my Vulcan, I have two - one near the saddlebag for a charger and one in my windshield bag where I can hook up a USB converter and use that for my IPod when it gets run down. Works for a phone, too.
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chief49 View Post
    We need to know on what kind of Spyder you are asking your question about. Model and year minimum. The fuse number and size, number of fuses changes depending on the model and year.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    We need to know on what kind of Spyder you are asking your question about. Model and year minimum. The fuse number and size, number of fuses changes depending on the model and year.

That info would help....2013 ST