Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Is facebook replacing Spyderlovers ?

i'm wondering if facebook is replacing spyderlovers. i don't ''do '' facebook, so i have no idea how much spyder talk goes on there.
    there doesn't seem to be much going on around here, is there much going on over there?
    has Spyderlovers just run it's course ?
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Don't say its so!!!!

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    i'm wondering if facebook is replacing spyderlovers. i don't ''do '' facebook, so i have no idea how much spyder talk goes on there.
    there doesn't seem to be much going on around here, is there much going on over there?

I follow both and see no difference in the chatter in either. I think it's more the back to back holidays and people being busy. While I've gone back to two wheels I still stay abreast. Still have the RS and now a Suzuki LS650 but intend to come back to a RT in the future.
    Last edited by Yfactor; 12-24-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Glo Ryders {4 sets (Blue, Red, Orange, Pink) I swap out}
    Rear Trunk Liner ......... Seal Floorboards
    Rear Trunk Shelf
    Corbin Heated Seat
    extra 12V plug
    Elka shocks
    White/Red fender lights
    Bump/skid
    Baker Wind Wings
    Honey Burl Dash Kit

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't do FaceBook either...
    I sure hope that you're wrong...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

IMO, just a slowdown due to being winter here in Canada and a big part of the US. Same slowdown on Facebook.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gosh! I hope not!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I hope it ain't so as well. Don't do facebook
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Default In all reality it is

In all reality it is POLITICS...if someone doesn't like your post on SL they can delete it...so this forum is in all reality controlled by a few ...where as Facebook is not controlled by anyone so you have total free speech..."of course within reason" you can't post certain illegal or immoral things...

Facebook allows you to speak your opinion without getting shut down...I have been on SLs since 2013....and there is probably more chatter on Facebook ONLY because so many people monitor it everyday,,,some every hour ...some every minute... they have it coded into their Smart Phone!

You really should join BOTH sites just to make more friends and see the world in a bigger window.....I go to both sites everyday...JMHO

Merry Christmas to all my Spyder Friends either on Sl's or facebook

Spyder Garage

Facebook has become so clogged with advertising and links to items that I may have browsed for in the past year I'm finding it almost impossible to use.

That and I'm getting real tired of the cute kids pictures that every member seems to post of their cousins, nieces, nephews, next door neighbors and kids they photograph on the street. I love kids but this idea has gone overboard as more and more older folks find Facebook.

It has lost the magic.

The Spyder site seems to have more non-owners who are wishing on line. (Clarification... by this I meant the Spyder site on Facebook)
    Last edited by Pennyrick; 12-24-2014 at 03:18 PM.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Facebook has become so clogged with advertising and links to items that I may have browsed for in the past year I'm finding it almost impossible to use.

That and I'm getting real tired of the cute kids pictures that every member seems to post of their cousins, nieces, nephews, next door neighbors and kids they photograph on the street. I love kids but this idea has gone overboard as more and more older folks find Facebook.

It has lost the magic.

The Spyder site seems to have more non-owners who are wishing on line.
    I only go on FB a couple times a week, and don't see everything that gets posted there.

BTW, at one time I "unfriended" a bunch of people who only posted cutesy stuff and my FB experience go a lot better. Now the ads and invitations to play a game are getting really annoying!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I too belong to both sites and sure hope this lover site Isn't getting any smaller, I just joined a few months ago and I still have a lot more to learn about these wonderful machines..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, there is probably more activity on Spyder Facebook pages then there is on here. But one of the problems with Facebook is that you can't search for anything and once you see something it moves away and can be difficult to find again. You might even be surprised at who posts more on Facebook then they do on Spyderlovers. And then there are the 1000 ladies with sock monkeys
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Use both, haven't seen SL slowing down much, a bit perhaps due to holidays and time of year. Many folks are in their winter hibernation time so they aren't thinking about their rydes.
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They AREN'T???
    (I'm always thinking about mine... )
    This time of year; it's time to prepare for some farkling episodes.

Spyder Garage

Don't do FB either. Just not interested. Yeah, there's a lot of stuff on there. Most of the veterans organizations I belong to are on FB. I scaled back my posts on here too. The wife lets me know what's on FB. And if I have a comment, she posts it for me. Oh, she's one of the 1,000 women who like sock monkeys too. (Ann )

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

hate to say this but i live on facebook, i love playing games during the day when i am home and have nothing to do. being i am not a wrench type of guy and my knowledge of spyders is not what others have i really can't help people out with problems on here when people ask for help. on facebook i can state what i feel and debate stuff i can't talk about here on SL. HECK i posted something funny about the leader of north Korea yesterday and one person said he didn't like the post because the younger KIM was the leader of a country, OMG give me a brake. i am also a person that knows tons of dirty jokes and i tell them on FB without a problem. i post tons of pictures there and i also find out more about what what is going on with pitbull, lamonts garage, and arctic adventures there than i do here. when a person asks me to be their friend there i write them a note and i tell them that i am nuts and i post things most people might not like, so if you want to be my friend expect that and if you don't like what i say just delete me, and you know what,,, i have never been deleted yet. ok people have a great day, it has been raining here for two days now, but it is better than snow i guess
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I enjoy Facebook, it keeps me in touch with old friends and people I once worked with. Spyderlovers is great too. Having no problems with either.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Bruiser brought this to my attention, as he is on SL and I'm on Facebook. It is difficult to keep up with the posts on Facebook, and that's why Faran had developed a forum similar to SL called girlsonspyders. I, for one, thought this to be a great idea, as then it would be easier to keep up with the different subjects. I had posted there quite a few times, but it seemed like there were only a few of us who used the site.

I do not really care to see one's food pictures, I do not like the commercials on my page as I did not request them Too many who post on FB do not understand that you can agree to disagree. Life is too short!

Merry Christmas!

Spyder Garage

Default Wife does..!!

So I browse the pages but don't see much. What they talk about (spyder related) is what we do or already have. I think do to the ryding season coming to an end and the knowledge base we have aquired here many can find the answers they are looking for. Could be there are less problems to throw up at us. Maybe santa will put some spyders under the tree and we will get some newbies we can help otherwise ryde and enjoy the holidays with the funny stuff...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Should I be...quieter?

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

no facebook here either

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Enthusiasm we have... by the BOATLOAD!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hmmm,,,,, Spyderlovers or Facebook?,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tough choice to make,,,,, i will keep them both

arntufun

Some members see even less than you do on this site. They have half the members here on ignore. Don't worry, those members won't see my post !!!!!!!!