Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default First F3 deliveries??

Has anyone heard anything firm as to when the first F3s will arrive at the dealers?? My wife has the first one coming to our dealer, but they don't seem to have a clue as to when. They estimate Jan.-March......a rather large window.
    2015 F3 (wife's)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2019 AMG C43 cabrio
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2023 Corvette Z06

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You might want to check with BikerDoc...
    He gets his through Central Florida PowerSports, and they seem to be among the first to get their bikes...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

just spoke to my dealer yesterday and he said january
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lamont has one!!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder F3

I went to the opening event where they unveiled the Spyder and allowed us to test drive it 2 weeks ago. At the time they said it would be the first of the year before production models are released. They told us there are currently only 10 of them in the U.S. on the street or at dealers. The F3 I rode on 12/13/14 had 830 miles on it.
    Last edited by 75wildcat; 12-19-2014 at 12:53 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 75wildcat View Post
    I went to the opening event where they unveiled the Spyder and allowed us to test drive it 2 weeks ago. At the time they said it would be the first of the year before production models are released. They told us there are currently on 10 of them in the U.S. on the street. The F3 I rode on 12/13/14 had 830 miles on it.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Party!!

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Our F3 demo unit just arrived yesterday and we'll only have it until Dec.23rd. Our F3 inventory is scheduled to arrive in January!

Spyder Garage

At the demo event in TX last week, the Can Am reps said deliveries would start at the end of January or early February. Hope it's sooner than later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

Default Warranty Issue Resolved?

I wonder if they have addressed the issue of people trying to close a deal prior to Jan 31st (to get the free promotion extended warranty) and the impossibility of doing this when they don't have them at dealers before Jan 31st. Anyone heard anything about this?
    F3S Steel Black Metallic
    Former owner of '12 RT-S SE-5 and '09 GS SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slagiatt View Post
    I wonder if they have addressed the issue of people trying to close a deal prior to Jan 31st (to get the free promotion extended warranty) and the impossibility of doing this when they don't have them at dealers before Jan 31st. Anyone heard anything about this?
    If you close the deal within the extended warranty promotion time, you get the warranty promotion deal. If dealer says otherwise, contact BRPcare. Delivery date has nothing to do with it.

The warranty should begin on the delivery date though.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-19-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty

My dealer informed me that I needed to put up a minimum deposit of $250 in order to get the extended warranty. I had put up a deposit of $100 originally because that is the amount that they asked for at the time. I paid the additional $150 the other day to make sure that I get the extended two year warranty.

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!!

this is always the way it goes...does anyone have a pool going..?? You should be the first cause you test rode on 12/13/14...what are the odds..?? Guess it will be when it is...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default POWERSPORTS of GREENVILLE, SC

i spoke with the Service Manager at POWERSPORTS of GREENVILLE, SC, and she told me the 1st week in January...
    i'm on the TEST RIDE LIST... i have the 1st spot.... I CAN NOT WAIT....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck!!

Spyder Garage

Default Closing the Deal

The problem is that putting down a deposit doesn't "close the deal." In order to have purchased the F3, you need a VIN# so that the sale can be completed. Now, it is possible that a dealer might get a VIN on the F3 that's being shipped, but as of right now, my understanding is that if you don't officially buy the F3 (not put a deposit on it) you probably won't get the warranty. I have actually already ordered and paid for the BRP accessories I want...if that doesn't qualify for a serious intent to purchase, I don't know what does.

I wish BRP would jump in here and let us know that having placed a deposit and then following through with the purchase would qualify us for the warranty. That would certainly be in the spirit of the promotion.
    F3S Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I get to test drive one after the New Year, in Olive Branch, Ms.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Question

The problem is that putting down a deposit doesn't "close the deal." In order to have purchased the F3, you need a VIN# so that the sale can be completed. Now, it is possible that a dealer might get a VIN on the F3 that's being shipped, but as of right now, my understanding is that if you don't officially buy the F3 (not put a deposit on it) you probably won't get the warranty. I have actually already ordered and paid for the BRP accessories I want...if that doesn't qualify for a serious intent to purchase, I don't know what does.

I wish BRP would jump in here and let us know that having placed a deposit and then following through with the purchase would qualify us for the warranty. That would certainly be in the spirit of the promotion.
    I would love to get a firm answer to this question as well. I left a $1000.00 deposit for a 2015 RT at my dealer in Nov and he said I would get the extended warranty.
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Describe "close the deal" without the bike, Vin number. All I have is an Order sheet showing price, $1000 deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

I am sure this will work the same way it did when I purchased my 14 RT. I placed a deposit in Nov of 13 and picked it up in March of 14. There was no vin number until it was built in Feb of 14.
    What I was told was that once the Spyder was delivered to the dealer I had 14 days to complete the sale in order to get the free extended warranty.
    I also was concerned that I was going to get the warranty since I did not take delivery before the promotion expired.

Have no fear - you will get it as long as you pay for it within BRP's timeframe after it arrives at your dealer.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

There may not really be simple answer to this question. I am hearing that bikes will be delivered in January (no black until Feb) but that some of the accessories that your ordered on your "custom" bike may not be available until at least March - so in essence you may get your full Spyder F3 delivered over time... Order date and test ride date don't mean anything clearly... I ordered mine on 8/26/2014 and test rode 424 miles on Thanksgiving and I won't see my black F3 until at least February...
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I am sure this will work the same way it did when I purchased my 14 RT. I placed a deposit in Nov of 13 and picked it up in March of 14. There was no vin number until it was built in Feb of 14.What I was told was that once the Spyder was delivered to the dealer I had 14 days to complete the sale in order to get the free extended warranty.I also was concerned that I was going to get the warranty since I did not take delivery before the promotion expired.Have no fear - you will get it as long as you pay for it within BRP's timeframe after it arrives at your dealer.
    What he said!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I am sure this will work the same way it did when I purchased my 14 RT. I placed a deposit in Nov of 13 and picked it up in March of 14. There was no vin number until it was built in Feb of 14.
    What I was told was that once the Spyder was delivered to the dealer I had 14 days to complete the sale in order to get the free extended warranty.
    I also was concerned that I was going to get the warranty since I did not take delivery before the promotion expired.

Have no fear - you will get it as long as you pay for it within BRP's timeframe after it arrives at your dealer.
    That is basically how I anticipate the warranty being delivered as well. I work at a new Can Am dealer and I expect that anyone who pre orders one of these while the promotion is going on and takes delivery within the first 2-3 weeks will get the warranty.

Spyder Garage

Default Now that's fair...

Getting the free extended warranty with a purchase right after the F3 arrives at the dealer would be fair...Hope that is the way they do it.
    F3S Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

RE: closing the deal. I am speaking from experience with my local dealer--your dealer may be different.

Your very right on the questions you have concerning actual legalities. It is hard to legally close the deal without the all important vin #, etc.

That said, I told the dealer what I wanted (2014 RTS--Yellow) in late September of 2013. No deposit required (since I had previously purchased 4 others). No financing required, I paid cash on delivery. The dealer "forgot" to order my RT with his initial order. Wrong models and colors were ordered--so I was not a happy camper. Dealer did work with me, and I also had BRPcare working on it in the background.

I also had questions about the extended warranty/delivery date issue. My Spyder was built and shipped about April 15th, and arrived at my dealer in time for me to pick it up on April 30th. I was guaranteed the extended warranty regardless of delivery date. Intent should have a bit to do with things, in the event that dates get screwed up for whatever.

A deposit--IMO--represents intent to purchase and the tender of same, should be sufficient for the extended warranty, even though delivery date come after the special offer.

It is not the dealers fault if the machines are built later than originally promised. The dealer should honor the intent of the sale and work with the customer, rather than use it as an excuse to save a few bucks if they are required to "kick in" on some of the warranty costs. Let's see what happens.

I am guessing that "customer service" is still a high priority.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-20-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red