Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I ordered one also.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I ordered a pair, jackets and boots. We never rode in the cold, but never had the proper gear to do so. Ron gave us a tremendous deal. He really cares about his customers, we exchanged a bunch of emails as he guided us for proper sizing. Turns out you cannot always trust the online size charts. Ron really went out of his way, I am impressed.
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Hey Ron pm me the cost. Plus how big do they go?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmedic View Post
    Hey Ron pm me the cost. Plus how big do they go?
    Price sent. All sizes are the same price. Size runs from Small to 3XL.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'd like a price, too. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Default Suits

Your PM Mailbox is full!

can I please have the price for two suits? Also, are they sized as a over clothes or do you order larger than your regular size?

PM stevedfive

Thanks
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    Your PM Mailbox is full!

can I please have the price for two suits? Also, are they sized as a over clothes or do you order larger than your regular size?

PM stevedfive

Thanks
    Sorry about that. I've been getting a load of mail lately and I didn't realize I was over my limit.

With an average build the Thermo is sized to wear full protective gear underneath. So if you normally wear an XL, the XL size Thermo should accommodate full protective gear underneath.

However, we still live in an imperfect world. So I try hard to get you into the best suit for your size based on how you plan to use it. To do this I need your height, weight and measurement at the belly button (not at the belt line). And for the ladies the bust measurement is also helpful. I know, very personal information. But I have a very short memory and getting you the correct suit the 1st time is a very good thing.

I've PM'd you with price.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default thanks ron

Mine came in the mail today....so I put it on and went for a 200 mile ride. It's warm in Ohio today in the 50's but I had to try it out. I'm 255 pounds and I got an xl it fits good dont know if I can get my riding jacket under it but I love it! Great buy thanks ron!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mine came in the mail today. 36 outside so it was perfect for testing it out. I stayed nice and warm on my 50 mile ride. Thanks Ron. It fits perfect.

Scott

Spyder Garage

Default I hope everyone had a Great Christmas...

and I wish everyone a Very Good New Year!

Thank you all for all the orders for Thermo suits. A little volume helps me to be able to sell these at such a great price. I don't know if the price on these suits will hold into the new year. But if it does I will be able to keep the price where it is.

I greatly appreciate all the support you have given me.

Stay warm and ride safe!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also received mine on the 24th. I haven't tested it yet, though. I'm a wimp.

According the the size chart I could find I should get a XS, but I ordered a Small, since Ron says the XS is no longer made. It fits as perfectly as a man's garment can fit met. Ron has good service and is a pleasure to do business with.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default hohoho

Hi Ron, its starting to get cold in Chi-Town, can u send the price of the Firstgear suit. Even tho I put Spydie away for winter your suit could get me outriding!
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mstella101 View Post
    Hi Ron, its starting to get cold in Chi-Town, can u send the price of the Firstgear suit. Even tho I put Spydie away for winter your suit could get me outriding!
    Thanks
    It does get a lot of people out in cold weather. Some use this suit for snow-blowing and all kinds of other cold weather fun too!

PM sent!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Starting to Get cold in CHI_TOWN ..ITs been cold for awhile now.. BRRRRRRRRRRR

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I wore mine today. It was 11 degrees with a wind chill of -2 and only my hands got cold. The body stayed warm. Awesome suit. Thanks again Ron.

Scott

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scottnkansas View Post
    I wore mine today. It was 11 degrees with a wind chill of -2 and only my hands got cold. The body stayed warm. Awesome suit. Thanks again Ron.

Scott
    Heated grips or electric gloves are really the only way to keep your hands toasty. I carry both and there are a lot of options out there.

Glad you like the suit!

Have a Wonderful New Year!

Spyder Garage

I tried my new Firstgear yesterday. It was 24 deg so was just going to try a short ride on the Harley to check it out. 2 hours later I got home and then took the Spyder out for the same 2 hr ride. No problems at all with the cold. Had levi's and long sleeve t-shirt on underneath. I am very impressed and will recommend the Themo suit to my friends. I am waiting to try it out in the rain. Thanks Ron.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I bought one from Ron last year . . . used it the first time when it was 5 degrees out. I layered up under it . . . and when I got where I was going, had to shed layers, because I was sweating! It works GREAT. I ride all winter, as long as the roads are clear. We get enough rain in the winter, between snow storms, to wash the salt off the roads . . . and once that happens, I'm out riding, again!

If you believe in ATGATT, get the suit large enough to wear over your summer riding gear . . . It also works great to keep warm while shoveling the driveway!
    shovel the driveway? heck no!! that's what four wheel drives are for!!!

Spyder Garage

Do the First Gear thermo suits have any provision for armor or are they insulation only? Would be awful bulky to try and wear a suit OVER an armored jacket, over my regular clothes. Not to mention they likely don't go big enough to do this for me as I wear a 2x motorcycle jacket.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Do the First Gear thermo suits have any provision for armor or are they insulation only? Would be awful bulky to try and wear a suit OVER an armored jacket, over my regular clothes. Not to mention they likely don't go big enough to do this for me as I wear a 2x motorcycle jacket.
    The Thermo suit is waterproof and insulated very well. It does not have armor. It is designed to be worn over full protective gear, if you like. The Thermo goes to size 3XL. It is very likely that the Thermo will fit you. With a few measurements I can give you a good idea of what size you will need.

I need Height, Weight, measurement at the belly button (not belt line or waist) and for the ladies I need bust measurement. I know, some very personal information. But I have a very short memory and I don't share it with anyone, ever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default First gear

How hard are these to pull over boots to get them on? I have found one piece is always to long or won't fit over my boots size 11 boots? Thanks hope you still have some?
    SFC. RICK & LORI

Retired US Army , Member Michigan PRG
    RIDE HARD/RIDE SAFE

2013 RT Limited Black Currant New 4/8/2013
    2010 RT Audio Package Black/ Sold 2012
    2008 GS Silver Moon /Sold 2010

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I wear my 2X thermo suit over my 2X summer weight armored coat and riding pants...... Fits great.........6'4" 260 lbs.

Ron suggested this size and it works perfectly.

YMMV
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Spyder Garage

I need to exchange mine to the next size up....2XL. Ron isn't answering my emails for the last two days? anyone heard from him? I'm getting worried about Ron at this point!

It's OK. I know where Ron has been and he's on his way back....as I was told.
    Last edited by Cavman; 01-16-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    I need to exchange mine to the next size up....2XL. Ron isn't answering my emails for the last two days? anyone heard from him? I'm getting worried about Ron at this point!

It's OK. I know where Ron has been and he's on his way back....as I was told.
    Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I was out of town for a few days on a quick, last minute visit to see my mom in Paxico, Kansas. She has not been doing well. I didn't have access to the Internet most of the time and when I did I didn't want to mess with it.

But we are back in the saddle now. Sorry for the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SFC View Post
    How hard are these to pull over boots to get them on? I have found one piece is always to long or won't fit over my boots size 11 boots? Thanks hope you still have some?
    YMMV[/QUOTE]

Good question as getting in and out of a 1 piece suit can be difficult. The Thermo is designed with long leg zippers that accommodate entry and exit pretty well.

You can PM me here or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com (email preferred) if you would like more information or some help on sizing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    . . . I was out of town for a few days on a quick, last minute visit to see my mom in Paxico, Kansas..
    Paxico isn't far from here! I hope your mother is well.

BTW, I'm loving the suit. Wore it over just yoga pants and t-shirt on interstate with a strong north wind. No problem at all! Thanks, Ron.
    Last edited by PrairieSpyder; 01-18-2015 at 02:47 PM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)