Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS JUST PUBLISHED BY NHTSA

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...025-61017P.pdf

This is BRP's initial partial response to Investigation PE14025 by NHTSA. If you have not read the letter from NHTSA to BRP, you will need it for reference to BRP' response. Here is the link for that:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...4025-60435.pdf

The wheel grinds on.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

so fresh i can't open them do you have another link
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I was able to open the first one John.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It doesn't say much. In fact, it doesn't say anything.

Spyder Garage

what program opened it
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default OH MY

OH MY.... DOBIE GILLIS.... WOW, not that's going back a ways......
    where's Maynard G. Cribbs.....? and TV Tommy Ivo....?

Spyder Garage

I tried the links on my original post, and they worked for me. Try again, or go to the NHTSA site.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults

Click on "Investigations", then click on "3 associated documents".

EDIT: Sorry, the above link does not work. The one below should.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 12-08-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    OH MY.... DOBIE GILLIS.... WOW, not that's going back a ways......
    where's Maynard G. Cribbs.....? and TV Tommy Ivo....?
    There ya go.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    so fresh i can't open them do you have another link
    fyi, the links open fine on my Gen 2 iPad.

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

what program opened it
    I use Chrome, but IE or Firefox should work as well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    It doesn't say much. In fact, it doesn't say anything.
    It actually says a lot. For instance, BRP requested an extension on November. You need to look at both documents side by side.

Spyder Garage

my computer must be having a brain fart today, so i will wait and see what people say
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...025-61017P.pdf

This is BRP's initial partial response to Investigation PE14025 by NHTSA. If you have not read the letter from NHTSA to BRP, you will need it for reference to BRP' response. Here is the link for that:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...4025-60435.pdf

The wheel grinds on.
    WOW! This is some heavy stuff. it may take eons to come to a complete resolution on all aspects of the NHTSA complaint???
    THE BIG F

Spyder Garage

Document is a PDF. Opened for me. I tried to post it here but it does not work. Shows until I try to post than it become gibberish.
    Last edited by Craniac; 12-08-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

i don't have a horse in this race anymore so can someone please just put down in a nutshell what it says, thanks
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Let's hope this will amount to a resolution for those who have encountered problems.

Let's also hope this does not result in the demise of the brand or the beginning of the $45K .

Are we destined for those late night ads asking us to join in the multi million dollar suit similar to asbestos, ED drugs, etc.?
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-08-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

i don't have a horse in this race anymore so can someone please just put down in a nutshell what it says, thanks
    cuznjohn,

I opened both links in the first post. The second one is from the NHSTA requiring all kind of info from BRP.

The first one is from BRP. I only see where they asked for an extension. I didn't see where any resolution/s were listed. At least that is all I saw.

I'm not saying that I didn't miss something; but, that is all I saw.
    Last edited by wyliec; 12-08-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

cuznjohn,

I opened both links in the first post. The second one is from the NHSTA requiring all kind of info from BRP.

The first one is from BRP. I only see where they asked for an extension. I didn't see where any resolution/s were listed. At least that is all I saw.

i wonder if they will get their extension and how much time do they want. do they wait till all the 13's catch fire and than say problem fixed. and god forbid someone gets burnt what than
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Summery:

Today we will provide the production data you asked for, through legal council and request it be kept confidential.

Over the next few days we will respond to a few other items.

We requested an extension for a few more (date not specified). And a few will not be answered at all.

In short, it says nothing regarding a response. Just a clock stop.

Hopefully as the remaining items are answered they will not all be confidential and we will see some of the responses.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

cuznjohn,

You are right, no resolution(s) were listed. This will go on for months. In addition to asking for an extension, BRP did partially comply with the NHTSA requests, and got some other requests cancelled, such as the NHTSA request for body panels, for one. As I said this will go on for months.

Spyder Garage

i wonder if they will get their extension and how much time do they want. do they wait till all the 13's catch fire and than say problem fixed. and god forbid someone gets burnt what than
    Cuznjohn, it just dawned on me that you need Adobe Reader to open .pdf files. You can get it free from their website. http://www.adobe.com/

Click on Menu at the upper right of their home page, the click on "Acrobat" at the lower left of the pop-up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Summery:

Today we will provide the production data you asked for, through legal council and request it be kept confidential.

Over the next few days we will respond to a few other items.

We requested an extension for a few more (date not specified). And a few will not be answered at all.

In short, it says nothing regarding a response. Just a clock stop.

Hopefully as the remaining items are answered they will not all be confidential and we will see some of the responses.
    I was told by Bob Young at NHTSA that BRP in all likelihood would request that some things be kept confidential that is, not released to the public.

Spyder Garage

Letter from NHTSA lists 16 fires related to fuel cap recall.
    30 fires related to fuel canister.
    3 fires for the Brake Master Cylinder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    I was told by Bob Young at NHTSA that BRP in all likelihood would request that some things be kept confidential that is, not released to the public.
    wonder why, don't owners have a right to know what is going on, unless a undercover deal is in the works. i doubt it but they make you think like that
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

wonder why, don't owners have a right to know what is going on, unless a undercover deal is in the works. i doubt it but they make you think like that
    Some of the questions involve BRP explaining how decisions were reached. Some involve marketing info that may benefit a competitor. Corporate espionage is possible if some of the answers become public.
    BRP should not have to give information that will benefit their competition.