Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyderfest

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest

Dumb question from a new guy: What is Spyderfest? Is there a web site where I can see a complete overview (dates, location, participating hotels, activities, participating vendors, main attractions in the area, etc.).

I attend Americade annually and would love to attend a rally outside of the Northeast if the two do not conflict. It would be great to join up with 3 or 4 other riders from New Jersey for the trip if possible. I have been a 2 wheeler for almost 50 years and bought my first Spyder about 6 weeks ago. I still have a Harley as well as the ST but I will probably sell it next year. My wife does not like to ride and hates events (good & bad) so I will be solo.
    Thanks,
    ShadyGrady

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Think of it as the same concept as Americade; only for a single brand of bike...
    They'll have a great area for the vendors, lots of organized rides, a Parade, some racing at the local dragstrip...

... and just a little bit of nightlife fun!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Spyderfest is an infestation of Spyder Ryders who gather in Springfield Missouri towards the end of April for a get together, there is an area set up for vendors to sell and possibly install all types of after market items (we call them Farkles), this year we have 4 Hotels who have agreed to tolerate us for a nominal fee. We gather together for camaraderie and fellowship, we compare our farkles or lack of, to everyone else's farkles. we visit and ride with other Spyder Ryders and generally enjoy ourselves. we make new friends and visit with old friends, we have barn fires, lunches, guided or unguided rides, sometimes we have an outdoor movie, we go to the 1/4 mile track and some of us race our Spyders against other Spyders. in general we hang out and do what ever we feel like doing within reason. Some times we go to Pitbull Power Sports and trade our Cool Spyder for another Cool Spyder. This is just some of what we do. check out the other post that tell about hotels etc or just hang around here and more folks will tell you about all the things i forgot. You can expect to see roughly 1100 - 1300 Spyders here for the 4 or 5 day event.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe,
    Don't forget to tell him about the Milk and Cookies at Story Hour; each evening...

Right before prayers, and the 10:00 pm bedtime...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Joe,
    Don't forget to tell him about the Milk and Cookies at Story Hour; each evening...

Don't give away the ending, we need these rookies to keep this going on for the next 20 years.

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you make arrangements, for the delivery of the goats yet?

Spyder Garage

Did you make arrangements, for the delivery of the goats yet?

I think you scared him off

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest

Goats - really? Now sheep I might understand.

Thanks for the info guys. Is there any one location to see all of the actual dates, participating hotels & rates?
    ShadyGrady

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you take a look around the General Discussion area; there are several threads discussing the dates, and the Host Hotels...
    We're all waiting for the website to open up, so that event registration can start...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyGrady View Post

Thanks for the info guys. Is there any one location to see all of the actual dates, participating hotels & rates?
    ShadyGrady

try this

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ruzr-Joe-(Info)

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Joe

Thanks Joe. Your thread is very helpful.
    My wife does not ride and she hates motorcycle events of any kind. So I will be riding alone. Do most of the guys and gals who left their significant other (politically correct enough?) at home tend to stay in one of the 4 hotels in particular?

I will probably be with 2 to 4 other riders from New Jersey. Do riders from New York / New Jersey tend to stay in one hotel in particular?

ShadyGrady
    Grady M. (Mike) Ferguson

Spyder Garage

Thanks Joe. Your thread is very helpful.
    My wife does not ride and she hates motorcycle events of any kind. So I will be riding alone. Do most of the guys and gals who left their significant other (politically correct enough?) at home tend to stay in one of the 4 hotels in particular?

I will probably be with 2 to 4 other riders from New Jersey. Do riders from New York / New Jersey tend to stay in one hotel in particular?

ShadyGrady
    Grady M. (Mike) Ferguson
    we mix it up pretty good, even when we come down in a group we try to stay at different hotels so we meet more people, if we stayed in the same hotel we would probably just be with the ones we came with and never meet new people. we have some pretty good guest hosts at each hotel and we bounce between hotels so it don't matter which one you stay at. But you might want to tell your wife that there are plenty of other wives that would rather go shopping with her than play with motorcycles.

Cruzr Joe
    Last edited by Cruzr Joe; 12-05-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe,

That explains a LOT.... I was standing in the parking lot by myself... wanting to kick tires, tell lies, and generally have a good time.... and I was by myself....did not realize there was a curfew....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hotglue View Post
    That explains a LOT.... I was standing in the parking lot by myself... wanting to kick tires, tell lies, and generally have a good time.... and I was by myself....did not realize there was a curfew....

You ain't never stood on the parking lot by yourself, (Where's the flask(s))

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

ShadyGrady
    SpyderFest 2015 web site is up and running

http://www.spyderfest.com

ToM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

Default spyderfest

This is our first spyder fest also. Can not wait, all I have to do is get the bike ready to go. Does any one know if there is a place to wash bikes at the lamplighter inn south?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by randyandsandy74 View Post
    This is our first spyder fest also. Can not wait, all I have to do is get the bike ready to go. Does any one know if there is a place to wash bikes at the lamplighter inn south?
    Be careful on Motels. Lamplighter North is host motel not Lamplighter South. Many of the chains have two locations on Glenstone Avenue. Glenstone North is where the host hotel is. They even have two Walmarts on Glenstone. Glenstone Avenue is approximately 12 miles long.
    Last edited by rogerb; 12-06-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Might want to change motels....

Might want to head further north --- get up here with the rest of the Spyder folks. Yes, some of the host hotels will have a bike wash station. Waiting for Joe to announce the Topless Bike Wash.

(..but that might just be Joe topless )

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don in E Texas View Post
    Might want to head further north --- get up here with the rest of the Spyder folks. Yes, some of the host hotels will have a bike wash station. Waiting for Joe to announce the Topless Bike Wash.

(..but that might just be Joe topless )

Don
    Joe is a great friend, but I don't want to see him topless.

ToM

Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

2015 will be my first Spyder fest, my friend and I will be coming from southern Ohio, he has been to two other SF so I'm really looking forward to my first one..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChildhood View Post
    Joe is a great friend, but I don't want to see him topless.

ToM

Even i don't like to see me topless.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

If you book into Lamplighter South you'll be four or five miles from the host hotels and further from the fairground and almost certainly 'LL South' will not have Bike washing facilities.
    HTH

Spyder Garage

Thank you everyone for your replys but LL north is all booked up. I am just going on what everyone is saying that the LL is a good place to stay

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you everyone for your replys but LL north is all booked up. I am just going on what everyone is saying that the LL is a good place to stay
    LL North is a good place to stay. But if you can't book there, try one of the other host hotels, or one of the others in that immediate area. JMHO
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

there are several hotels on the North end of Glenstone from the Lamplighter to Pitbull Power Sports. I know several still have some rooms available.
    BIG F from Omaha