Spyder Garage

Default Used Spyder prices?

Can someone give some ballpark average prices for used Spyders? I realize the seller doesn't want to lose his shirt when selling, although he typically comes out on the short end of the "shaft" on trade in. I also know a dealer has to make money. What I seem to be finding is some older Spyders languishing on dealer floors and websites at unrealistically high asking prices. Am I short sighted?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We've seen some 2008 GS Bikes sell in the $8000 range now...
    Some 2010 RTs have sold for $13000

If you see a bike that interests you; it never hurts to throw the seller a number. The worst that they can do, is say, "No".
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

It really depends on where you live. Price vary hugely in different parts of the US. If you are willing to travel, or have a unit shipped, you could save thousands... Check Craigslist in various cities around the US.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We've seen some 2008 GS Bikes sell in the $8000 range now...
    Some 2010 RTs have sold for $13000

If you see a bike that interests you; it never hurts to throw the seller a number. The worst that they can do, is say, "No".
    As the 2015 models roll out, a leftover 2014 ST might make a good wish list item if the price is right. I won't consider a 2013.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Start calling the dealers; NOW is the time to help them clear the non-current inventory off the showroom floors!

Spyder Garage

Tell the sales guy that "he really doesn't want to store that thing all winter" and make him an offer. Guaranteed he'll work with you.

Spyder Garage

Default 2012 R Limited

I understand a 2012 RT Lmited in Pearl White went at an auction in Atlanta this week for $15,200.

My assumption is that the dealer who bought it will probably offer it at $16,500 or thereabouts.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now's the time to play that card!
    Don't forget about the BIG rebates right now either!

Spyder Garage

I have seen similar to Bob's information. 2008 and 2009 are now in that $8,000 range. 2010's (RT) going for 13K to 14K. Add a couple K for each year added.

Avoid 2013--.

You know this, but for those who don't. Trade in is going to always be 1K to 2K or less than what the dealer thinks they can get for it. They want to make a buck.

Best buying from a private party...although...that has its own set of hassles.

For Sale Ads: The prices are always higher than what the market seems to be going for. Many think they can recoup all the money they have in accessories...when in reality, they are worth 50% to way less...or even nothing--depending.

The SL people are astute and difficult when it comes to purchasing used. For sale ads with 400 looks and no takers surely mean that the asking price is way to high.

This is why I have never offered any of my 's for sale on SL. I make my deal with the dealer, the negotiations are a bit long, but in the end, each of us comes out smelling like a rose.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    . This is why I have never offered any of my 's for sale on SL. I make my deal with the dealer, the negotiations are a bit long, but in the end, each of us comes out smelling like a rose.
    Or at least EQUALLY unhappy; right?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Or at least EQUALLY unhappy; right?
    I was trying to keep a positive feel and attitude going.

Here, I cannot run to several dealers and play "the game." I have stuck with the dealer that services my 's well and still knows me by name.

I know I could do a bit better by going to the lower 48, but that opens up a whole new set of circumstances.

Like I have said to many, if the deal is good enough to be acceptable, no sense in shopping after the fact, or worrying about buyer's remorse.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I bought my 1700 mile used 2014 RS SE5 with passenger backrest, and 42 months left on warranty, for $11,300, in august, from a dealer via ebay.
    Deals can be had with research and patience.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mudcruiserman; 12-02-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default hard to say

I lowered my price on my 2012 RT limited with extras to $15000 here and didn't get any takers.

The ebay auctions that I've been watching for the past month or so usually get some bids for around $14000 and don't meet the reserve, so they go off auction without selling. I was thinking of putting mine on there but it seems like too much hassle if that's all I'm going to get. Haven't talked to the dealership yet about what they'll offer in trade, but I've been lowering my expectations.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default wow mud

Quote Originally Posted by mudcruiserman View Post
    I bought my 1700 mile used 2014 RS SE5 with passenger backrest, and 42 months left on warranty, for $11,300, in august, from a dealer via ebay.
    Deals can be had with research and patience.
    that was a tremendous deal. good for you.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    I lowered my price on my 2012 RT limited with extras to $15000 here and didn't get any takers.

The ebay auctions that I've been watching for the past month or so usually get some bids for around $14000 and don't meet the reserve, so they go off auction without selling. I was thinking of putting mine on there but it seems like too much hassle if that's all I'm going to get. Haven't talked to the dealership yet about what they'll offer in trade, but I've been lowering my expectations.
    Sometimes, it's very difficult to get expected value when it comes time to sell our toys. For me, it all comes down to how bad do I want the next . There is no perfect deal, but I try to get as close as possible. I have lost a lot of money on model jumping, but the benefits have outweighed the bad things in the end. Semi-retired now, I have to watch the pennies a bit more. I am planning on 100K miles on each of the current 's

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Sometimes, it's very difficult to get expected value when it comes time to sell our toys. For me, it all comes down to how bad do I want the next . There is no perfect deal, but I try to get as close as possible. I have lost a lot of money on model jumping, but the benefits have outweighed the bad things in the end. Semi-retired now, I have to watch the pennies a bit more. I am planning on 100K miles on each of the current 's
    I've gotten to that realization myself already. I was upside-down in a series of cars, so why should I expect anything different with the toys? I figure I'll wait to hear what the trade in offer is before I decide which way to go. I like having it around to ride until the F3 arrives, so I'm not depressed about the lack of interest.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Bike Prices

I bought my 2008 Spyder GS Roadster SM5 Last year from a Non Can Am dealer who did not want it on his lot as he sells Harleys.
    I bought it for $6000.00 with 30,000km on the clock with a 30 day 100% warranty. These were selling at the Can Am dealer for
    $10,000 to $15,000.

I think I made a good deal.

I have NEVER regretted buying this fantastic three wheeler. My wife and I just LOVE it.

Shop around for prices.