Spyder Garage

Default Drove a Slingshot today. WoW!

Made a run to my dealer (East TN. ATV) to pick up a couple of things and to have a first hand look at the Slingshot. They unloaded some Yesterday. The owner took me for a ride in their Demo unit and I drove it back to the dealer from a few miles up the road. Let me make this "perfectly clear" I am in no way interested in a slingshot to take the place of my Spyder. It is a completely different machine and ride. It is even more different than I thought it would be. Now with that being said, that thing is an awesome machine. It is stupid fast! I'm talking leaving rubber on the road completely through first gear and well into second! 100 mph before you can think about it! We went through sweeper curves with 55 mph speed limits at right at a hundred mph and the machine felt solid as a rock. There was absolutely no sensation of being on three wheels. It felt like a sports car glued to the road. That was the impression from the passenger seat, now the impression from behind the wheel. Set down, buckle the lap/shoulder strap, push in the clutch and put it in first gear. The clutch was light and quick, pushing down the gas pedal breaks the tire loose with very little objection from the engine. I went through the gears and settled in 5th gear at about 65 -70 mph. Time to play. downshift to 3rd and hit it to the floor. Did the tire break loose again? I think so! Like I said, this thing is stupid fast. And Fun! And Dangerous! It would be so easy to get plenty of speeding tickets. To me it is like driving an extremely fast, open top car. In the wrong hands (meaning teenagers etc.) without having respect for the speed and power ,a person could get into trouble really quick. I think it will be a great seller for Polaris and have a good market. I would highly recommend driving or riding in one if you get the chance.
    Last edited by StanProff; 11-29-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Thank you for posting your ride impressions. Sounds like something I would like a lot--if I did not already have two 's.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Be careful, Stan...
    You'll be adding another Bay on the garage; before you know what hit you...

They sound like a ton of fun!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

Some views from our own members. Glad you got a chance to ryde one and get the feel. So far most reviews were getting in and out..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a fun car to drive.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Street-legal go-kart
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I read on the SS forums, one SS owner already got a ticket, 65 in a 35, lol!
    Last edited by SAPD911; 11-30-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Spyder Garage

Bring to TX & let us know (or not)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your insight on the ride!
    There was one at this years Toy Run and it did look like it would be a lot of fun to take for a RIP!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...If they actually work out some useable storage capacity in them...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

My wife and I took turns riding in a friends. Long story short. She loved it as did I. We will have one coming this spring.
    It's better to make your own plans than to be part of someone else's.