Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 CB Problem RTS-SE6

Anyone having a problem with there CB on the 2014 RTS-SE6 making a loud squeal noise coming through your headsets (both driver and passenger headsets) when the driver pushed the PTT button on the handlebars?
    I've only used the CB twice since I got the bike and the first time it worked just fine, second time, everytime I push the PTT button we get a loud squeal. If anyone has had this problem would appreciate and advise on fixing this problem or suggestions on what it might be. Dealership said they haven't had this problem on any they had installed until now and will open a case with BRP on how to proceed.
    My thoughts would be to check for loose connection first.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Could it be feedback through a microphone and a speaker?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you are using a SENA headset turn off the "sidetone" option.... this will prevent the feedback you are hearing.

The default setting is on.... so if you updated the firmware recently this option got turned back on..... That explains why it doesn't work properly now.
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Slight hiccup with V1.3

Went for my 1st ride after updating to V1.3.... Nothing worked...... had to re-link all the Bluetooth devices to get it all to work..... Not a big deal but a small hassle you need to address before your next ride.
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydercamp13 View Post
    Anyone having a problem with there CB on the 2014 RTS-SE6 making a loud squeal noise coming through your headsets (both driver and passenger headsets) when the driver pushed the PTT button on the handlebars?
    I've only used the CB twice since I got the bike and the first time it worked just fine, second time, everytime I push the PTT button we get a loud squeal. If anyone has had this problem would appreciate and advise on fixing this problem or suggestions on what it might be. Dealership said they haven't had this problem on any they had installed until now and will open a case with BRP on how to proceed.
    My thoughts would be to check for loose connection first.
    I have the same problem. I have posted about under CB Issues in RT shop talk. I am waiting for the dealer to call back re: Can-Am says about it. The dealer had my bike for a week. Said they checked the wiring harness, grounds, and antennae. Their solution was to decrease the squelch and increase the microphone settings. They tested this with a handheld CB while the tech transmitted while riding the bike with my helmet set. This did not fix the problem.