Thread: Headlights STS

Invalid Emails
    In the hills South of Edinburgh, Scotland
    Spyder Garage

Default Headlights STS

I have a 2013 STS and I'm generally very happy with it, but I have an issue with the headlights. I'm in the UK and we drive on the left, so the dipped lights dip the wrong way. The solution to this should be a whole new sets of headlight lenses, but the cheap way, the Can-Am way, is to disable the dipped lights and replace them with something that looks identical to the fog-light set-up you're all familiar with. However these lights are dreadful. I was riding the other night and found that, on a country road, on full beam all was well, but on dips I could inky see 20-30 meters. As a result I was forced to crawl along at a snails pace on a busy road with a queue of irate drivers behind me. Anyone have any ideas? Other than, of course, moving to another country! I'm thinking about, perhaps, additional driving lights and I'm also wondering about how to wire them in without upsetting nanny.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is a headlight adjustment screws you should be able to angle them anyway you want too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default left hand drive lights

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    I have a 2013 STS and I'm generally very happy with it, but I have an issue with the headlights. I'm in the UK and we drive on the left, so the dipped lights dip the wrong way. The solution to this should be a whole new sets of headlight lenses, but the cheap way, the Can-Am way, is to disable the dipped lights and replace them with something that looks identical to the fog-light set-up you're all familiar with. However these lights are dreadful. I was riding the other night and found that, on a country road, on full beam all was well, but on dips I could inky see 20-30 meters. As a result I was forced to crawl along at a snails pace on a busy road with a queue of irate drivers behind me. Anyone have any ideas? Other than, of course, moving to another country! I'm thinking about, perhaps, additional driving lights and I'm also wondering about how to wire them in without upsetting nanny.
    Hi from Oz. We have the same set-up here ie low beam lights where the US foglights are. Yes, pitiful lighting at night when low beam only can be used, and you can only angle them so far before oncoming drivers object! Tricled have a very nice set of driving lights, I've seen them on a spyder and they look excellent, the fellow who had them had good things to say. There would be other options, though. You live right where my great great etc grandparents came from! I had a trip there but (sadly) in a hire car .. great roads.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    There is a headlight adjustment screws you should be able to angle them anyway you want too.
    Have you taken a close look at your setup? I would think that there is a certain amount of adjustability there...

...I would think!

Good Luck; please let us know what you find!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'd drive on the other side of the road.

Invalid Emails
    In the hills South of Edinburgh, Scotland
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    You live right where my great great etc grandparents came from! I had a trip there but (sadly) in a hire car .. great roads.
    Thanks for that. Where were they from exactly? You're right, we have great roads, but I don't like to shout too loudly as it only attracts the boys in blue to spoil the fun!