Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Awesome weather for a ride

Just had to post something Spyder related as it seems that 95% of what comes up as New Posts lately are in the Off Topic Board. Joe and I took a short ride today to our dealer to pick up some lights that we had ordered. We met a couple from Colorado that were going out on a test ride on an ST. They currently have an RS. We left there and saw another Spyder on the road.

We rode home through Lake Mead National Recreation Area, it was an absolutely beautiful day, sunny and high 60s. We ran into spyderlover Highwayman2013 and he followed us home and stayed for a visit.

The forecast calls for a couple of windy days but sunny and mid to high 60s through next Friday. Life is good, and it is even better when you can rider year round.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Sure Ann rub it in

It is predicted to reach 36 here tomorrow, but the Spyder says in the garage as there is too much chemical on the road.

Enjoy your rides and I am glad someone can
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

we are a bit warmer but getting to the ideal weather. Had rain last night (one of those seven bad day a year) but beautiful ryding after that. My playground is 5min away so every chance off I/we go.. Have a great weekend and ryde for fun...not to work..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not quite two weeks and I'm liking this weather.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Smile Glad your enjoying your move, Teddy sends lick'ns

Have to admit, does sound nice. Beats the heck out of the 10F degree day that I rode in to work the other day & our ignition switch froze on us. Thawed it out with Teddy's blow drier in no time & insane us, what did we do to celebrate. . . . .

Yup, we went for a ryde, but at least it was above 30F this time.20141118_170830.jpg

Spyder Garage

I don't know how you guys do it. Living in CA all my life and riding year round in weather that is a biker's dream makes me glad it never gets cold.
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup, it's looking better now, after almost daily cool and rain for a couple weeks. We have rides planned for three of the next four days. Tomorrow (Sunday) will be 110+ miles for lunch with a Harley Tri-Glide, an Indian, and at least one, maybe two, more Harley 2-wheelers.

Today there is a 200-mile round-trip ride to the famous King Ranch for a public breakfast and bus tour. But I'm passing on that one, for a shorter local ride.

The "Winter Texan" season is finally getting under way! The snowbirds are bringing their machines down here every week now.

(P.S. I can't believe I actually posted before Bob for once. )
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Saturday in Ohio

It's Saturday in Ohio and it appears we will have some mild weather today. The wife and I will be out riding the today.
    OHWeather.jpg

Gotta take what you can get while the gettin' is good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Got the FWC home from the stealer yesterday. Low 70s with occasional showers. Increased rain chances the next couple of days, so not sure how much ryding there will be. Farkles are showing up so I may be spending some quality time with her anyway.

Spyder Garage

Default BIG F

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Just had to post something Spyder related as it seems that 95% of what comes up as New Posts lately are in the Off Topic Board. Joe and I took a short ride today to our dealer to pick up some lights that we had ordered. We met a couple from Colorado that were going out on a test ride on an ST. They currently have an RS. We left there and saw another Spyder on the road.

We rode home through Lake Mead National Recreation Area, it was an absolutely beautiful day, sunny and high 60s. We ran into spyderlover Highwayman2013 and he followed us home and stayed for a visit.

The forecast calls for a couple of windy days but sunny and mid to high 60s through next Friday. Life is good, and it is even better when you can rider year round.

I'm extremely jealous of all of you that have riding weather?????? I have PMS - that is Parked Motorcycle Syndrome! Happy and safe riding to those of you that can.
    THE BIG F (Omaha)

Spyder Garage

Default Here's my ride experience from yesterday

My deck temp said 57 when I got off work at 3pm yesterday. I think there was a bit of solar effect there, but it was probably at least 50. I put on the winter gear and got out. Some of the canyons here are paved again after our floods last September even if it's temporary. I know they started repairs in the Glen Haven canyon on Oct 1st, so I figured I'd go up and see what's been done since then. Enjoyed my ride up Big Thompson Canyon. Even had a truck pull over so that I could go by and enjoy a faster speed (love it when they do that for me!). Got to the split up to Glen Haven and took it. Encountered a sign saying that the road would be closed on 11/21/2014 between 1 and 3. It's after 4 so... I should be ok.

Finally about halfway up that canyon, I was stopped by a flagger who asked how far up I was going. I said "All the way to Estes if that's possible?" She said that I would need to wait until the lead car came back down from the top which would be at 4:50, so I could either pull over to the side and wait for 30 minutes or turn back around and keep going up Big Thompson. I opted to pull over and enjoy the scenery. The sun was starting to set (not that I could see the sun, but the clouds were starting to turn beautiful colors and the canyon walls were lovely). The flagger was friendly and had been working on several different canyon repair flood projects so we got to talking about permanent vs temporary repairs, and what each of us was doing the days of the flood and what we'd seen since then etc. She told me about the blasting that they'd done today (the reason for the closure) and plans for some of the phases of repair in this canyon. Finally 4:50 arrived, the sun was down, and the lead car radioed down that the traffic control lights at the one way section was green at both ends, so they were stopping there to re-program it but I could head up until I got to the light and they'd wave me through or not at that point.

The dirt sections are pretty much still as I remember them, other than they're now a bit smoother than the last time I went through. The last time was quite the ride... it's hard to avoid potholes when you're on 3 wheels! I made it up to the traffic light and the truck was still there. I pulled up behind it and no arm came out the window to wave me on, and no one was standing there to tell me to stop. I got off and walked over to the truck -- window open but no one in it. I couldn't see anyone nearby either, but they saw me and two guys popped out from behind the control box to chat. They walked even farther out into the middle of the road and one of them finally says, "There it is! He wondered why you have a helmet on and I thought it was a snow mobile. That's one of those Can-Am's isn't it, that's COOL!" They told me that they were just about done reprogramming more time on the lights as I headed back to my ride. As soon as I got my gear plugged back in, they waved me on. I could tell that they'd blasted through some huge (small house sized) rocks that had gotten moved down into the riverbed, and there was a new culvert near them, but other than that and the smoothing out of the potholes, it was hard for me to see the progress made. This is not a canyon that I travel daily though, so easy to miss stuff.

I came up out of the 2 hairpin turns in Devils Gulch into the meadow at the top just as the light was fading from the sky, but I could still see Longs Peak and all of the rest of the snow covered mountains quite clearly. Too dark for a photo, but it's seared into my memory forever. Coming down into Estes from the east on highway 36 and coming up out of Devils Gulch have got to be two of the most beautiful views on earth. By the time I made it to the road that would take me to the north entrance of Rocky Mountain National park, it was full dark. I opted to skip the park (my original destination), and do the full drive through town so I headed right so I could make the jog over to Bighorn Ave. As I got to the turn, a huge bull Elk still with full antlers was standing on the side of the road looking at me curiously. After I slowly passed him by, he mosied out across the road.

I did the "parade" through downtown Estes Park, but there weren't many bystanders out to gawk at me like I've gotten used to. Don teases me about parading through town to give the tourists something else to gawk at. I hardly notice them anymore unless unless they do silly things like stop in the middle of the road to take a picture of me.

The drive back down to Lyons on highway 36 was uneventful (thank you wildlife!) and enjoyable -- have I said lately how much I love my heated gear? I got home at 6 after a lovely 3 hour ride.
    Last edited by vondalyn; 11-22-2014 at 09:14 AM.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default So.....

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Not quite two weeks and I'm liking this weather.

How was the trip out!

Bill

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The last 2 weeks it hadn't gotten higher than the 30s here, but today it's already 52 this morning. But it's going to be rainy (that's a Kansas autumn). Next day it's dry, even if it's cold, I'm going out for a spin.

I am seriously thinking of becoming a snowbird as soon as I can afford it. I may look into Vegas since there's several Spyderlovers already there!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    My deck temp said 57 when I got off work at 3pm yesterday. I think there was a bit of solar effect there, but it was probably at least 50. I put on the winter gear and got out. Some of the canyons here are paved again after our floods last September even if it's temporary. I know they started repairs in the Glen Haven canyon on Oct 1st, so I figured I'd go up and see what's been done since then. Enjoyed my ride up Big Thompson Canyon. Even had a truck pull over so that I could go by and enjoy a faster speed (love it when they do that for me!). Got to the split up to Glen Haven and took it. Encountered a sign saying that the road would be closed on 11/21/2014 between 1 and 3. It's after 4 so... I should be ok.

Finally about halfway up that canyon, I was stopped by a flagger who asked how far up I was going. I said "All the way to Estes if that's possible?" She said that I would need to wait until the lead car came back down from the top which would be at 4:50, so I could either pull over to the side and wait for 30 minutes or turn back around and keep going up Big Thompson. I opted to pull over and enjoy the scenery. The sun was starting to set (not that I could see the sun, but the clouds were starting to turn beautiful colors and the canyon walls were lovely). The flagger was friendly and had been working on several different canyon repair flood projects so we got to talking about permanent vs temporary repairs, and what each of us was doing the days of the flood and what we'd seen since then etc. She told me about the blasting that they'd done today (the reason for the closure) and plans for some of the phases of repair in this canyon. Finally 4:50 arrived, the sun was down, and the lead car radioed down that the traffic control lights at the one way section was green at both ends, so they were stopping there to re-program it but I could head up until I got to the light and they'd wave me through or not at that point.

The dirt sections are pretty much still as I remember them, other than they're now a bit smoother than the last time I went through. The last time was quite the ride... it's hard to avoid potholes when you're on 3 wheels! I made it up to the traffic light and the truck was still there. I pulled up behind it and no arm came out the window to wave me on, and no one was standing there to tell me to stop. I got off and walked over to the truck -- window open but no one in it. I couldn't see anyone nearby either, but they saw me and two guys popped out from behind the control box to chat. They walked even farther out into the middle of the road and one of them finally says, "There it is! He wondered why you have a helmet on and I thought it was a snow mobile. That's one of those Can-Am's isn't it, that's COOL!" They told me that they were just about done reprogramming more time on the lights as I headed back to my ride. As soon as I got my gear plugged back in, they waved me on. I could tell that they'd blasted through some huge (small house sized) rocks that had gotten moved down into the riverbed, and there was a new culvert near them, but other than that and the smoothing out of the potholes, it was hard for me to see the progress made. This is not a canyon that I travel daily though, so easy to miss stuff.

I came up out of the 2 hairpin turns in Devils Gulch into the meadow at the top just as the light was fading from the sky, but I could still see Longs Peak and all of the rest of the snow covered mountains quite clearly. Too dark for a photo, but it's seared into my memory forever. Coming down into Estes from the east on highway 36 and coming up out of Devils Gulch have got to be two of the most beautiful views on earth. By the time I made it to the road that would take me to the north entrance of Rocky Mountain National park, it was full dark. I opted to skip the park (my original destination), and do the full drive through town so I headed right so I could make the jog over to Bighorn Ave. As I got to the turn, a huge bull Elk still with full antlers was standing on the side of the road looking at me curiously. After I slowly passed him by, he mosied out across the road.

I did the "parade" through downtown Estes Park, but there weren't many bystanders out to gawk at me like I've gotten used to. Don teases me about parading through town to give the tourists something else to gawk at. I hardly notice them anymore unless unless they do silly things like stop in the middle of the road to take a picture of me.

The drive back down to Lyons on highway 36 was uneventful (thank you wildlife!) and enjoyable -- have I said lately how much I love my heated gear? I got home at 6 after a lovely 3 hour ride.
    Thanks for posting this! Made my morning brighter
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Been some nice riding here. This is parade and Toy Run season so haven't had much time for "just go" riding. Plus, the contractor has been here off and on working on the house. So we've had to be here for that. May try to get a run in this afternoon after errands. Tomorrow rain all day.

• Daytime Overnight
      Cloudy with rain developing later in the day. High near 65F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.
      • SUNRISE

6:59 a.m.
      • PRECIP

90%
      • WIND

East 21 mph

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    The last 2 weeks it hadn't gotten higher than the 30s here, but today it's already 52 this morning. But it's going to be rainy (that's a Kansas autumn). Next day it's dry, even if it's cold, I'm going out for a spin.

I am seriously thinking of becoming a snowbird as soon as I can afford it. I may look into Vegas since there's several Spyderlovers already there!
    Come on out!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post

Come on out!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Glad to see another related post.

It is looking like my riding season is over, although I did get a whole month reprieve as far as parking for the season. My official last riding day was Nov 13. I tried a ride a week later but had to abort within a couple blocks due to glare ice on the road. The new tire kept me from doing 360's or going off the road. 5 mph was top speed though.

We still do not have any snow in Anchorage, a record of sorts. My road is coated with black ice, the secondary road has patches of black ice, so I am about a half mile from safe riding roads. The same problem I encounter every Spring.

I will now have to sit back and enjoy others posts about rides, as well as count the 129 days left until March 31 and better riding conditions.

Enjoy, my friends.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Not too Bad in The Old North Stat!

Temp shortly before 9 a.m. was in mid-thirties. Garbed up and went for a 180 mile ride with two wheel riding son to and through the Uwharrie National Forest on an otherwise beautiful fall NC day. Great rolling terrain with nice sweepers and the occasional steep dip where you could feel the Gs at the bottom. Turned off the Eco Mode for some fun. Rolled over the 2,000 mile mark on the odometer in less than two months of Spydering. Big grin still there!
    Last edited by JayBros; 11-22-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: correct spelling
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

To those of you who still have decent riding weather!
    For the REST of us...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    To those of you who still have decent riding weather!
    For the REST of us...
    Bob: here in the North East we have to wait until............................................. .................................................. .................... next week it is going to be in 40's and 50's and rain. But my spyder is in for its winter hibernation . Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post

I won't catch you by year end but I did ride 160 miles yesterday and another 192 today.. I too love year round ryding...
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

We took off about 1pm and put 60 some miles on the spyder driving around the farms & equestrian practice fields. After the sunset the rain held off during our evening ride. We drove around one of the large outdoor shopping malls near us, just taking in the sights and sounds of holiday lights, music, and shoppers. It was really relaxing and enjoyable. I had just installed our cup holders that morning, so we enjoyed some hot coffee on our ride.
    Our Scenic Life - Spyder Videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/OurScenicLife

Ask me about my Spyder.
    2014 Black Can-Am Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Bob: here in the North East we have to wait until............................................. .................................................. .................... next week it is going to be in 40's and 50's and rain. But my spyder is in for its winter hibernation . Deanna
    Hi Dee!
    I'm going to sneak out today for a little bit of "Wind Therapy". We've got a pretty decent day in store for us: the temperatures might get up into the mid-forties, and a fair amount of sunshine to boot!
    Monday is going to be ugly; but Tuesday may just hold some promise for us as well...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hi Dee!
    I'm going to sneak out today for a little bit of "Wind Therapy". We've got a pretty decent day in store for us: the temperatures might get up into the mid-forties, and a fair amount of sunshine to boot!
    Monday is going to be ugly; but Tuesday may just hold some promise for us as well...
    Bob, How did you make out today? It was supposed to be 50 here today and when I got back from our ride my thermometer at home showed 60.
    So you should have bumped up in the 50's in your area.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS