Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Firstgear Jacket Liner

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Check with me. I will be able to save you a fair amount on the cost. I use Firstgear heated gear. I have found it to be very good.
    I purchased Gerbing gloves years ago with the intention of adding the jacket liner and pants liner later. As I became a more "prominent member" of the FWRC (Fair Weather Ryders Club), I kept putting off the rest of the gear. While at my local dealer recently, I came across a Firstgear jacket liner on the clearance rack. It was at a substantial savings so I picked it up. I finally got to test it out last weekend. When I left home it was 34 degrees. I wore the liner over a thermal shirt with my leather jacket and club vest, as well as the heated gloves. On my lower half I had thermal long johns, heavy jeans and leather chaps. I also wore one pair of heavy thermal socks under my boots.

I was very comfortable during my entire ride. My controller is just an on/off unit, so I will be investing in an adjustable dual controller soon. My one disclaimer, I was on my Wing since I'm still less for now.

Ron, I might be contacting you soon and giving up my membership in the FWRC.
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hut1 View Post
    I purchased Gerbing gloves years ago with the intention of adding the jacket liner and pants liner later. As I became a more "prominent member" of the FWRC (Fair Weather Ryders Club), I kept putting off the rest of the gear. While at my local dealer recently, I came across a Firstgear jacket liner on the clearance rack. It was at a substantial savings so I picked it up. I finally got to test it out last weekend. When I left home it was 34 degrees. I wore the liner over a thermal shirt with my leather jacket and club vest, as well as the heated gloves. On my lower half I had thermal long johns, heavy jeans and leather chaps. I also wore one pair of heavy thermal socks under my boots.

I was very comfortable during my entire ride. My controller is just an on/off unit, so I will be investing in an adjustable dual controller soon. My one disclaimer, I was on my Wing since I'm still less for now.

Ron, I might be contacting you soon and giving up my membership in the FWRC.
    It is not required to give up your membership in another club to get stuff from me. A variable controller really ups the comfort level and also reduces the electrical drain by quite a bit.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 11-21-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With the right gear, ANY weather is pretty darn "Fair"!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    With the right gear, ANY weather is pretty darn "Fair"!
    So true! I've been riding after work where it's 30's and 40's here on the front range and heading up to Rocky Mtn National Park, where it's not as warm. Coming down the canyon after dark was just as comfortable as when I left 3 hours earlier
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

23 Degrees this morning here...
    But the Sun is nice and Bright, so the bike got pulled out of storage for another day's worth of errands!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Gerbils & Warm & Safe

We have been riding since 2006 with Gerebings for me and 2009 with Warm & Safe for my wife on our Wing. Once I take possession of our new Spyder we will need to get hookups for it. The temps are not a big issue with heated gear. On the Wing I installed dual controllers for both of us. I am wondering what type of controllers to go with on the Spyder, permanant mount (where) or attached to the wiring for the gear and not mounted on the Spyder?
    2015 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

we ended up going with First Gear jacket and pants. we tried the gloves but we felt there were just a tad too bulky. we both have dual controllers and I hardwired them into the bike.

there is a communication tab that is a blank on the passenger left side and then on the driver it is between the four buttons where the parking brake is located. that works perfectly for both of us! I used velcro to hold my controller under the front dash on the left side.

now we don't have to worry about bulky clothing and stopping and stripping down when it starts to get warm.

Spyder Garage

Tourmaster Synergy both jacket and pant liner good to -4 below in northern minnesota. Good gore-tex gloves, and Browning wool hunting socks in PAC boots. Silk balaclava under helmet. Though, I'm half Finlander and half Manx (Isle of Man), so i'm kinda nordic
    Grandpa Pete
    Peter & Kim Pontinen
    2020 RTL Dark Marsala

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    He has the heated gear, I don't.

Ann, with the upcoming trip to Alaska you would be wise to invest in a set. In 2006 when Kathy and I road my Road King to Alaska BC and the Yukon averaged 42 deg out. It wasn't until we entered Alaska that it got warm.
    We did the trip in July.

Les
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Heated for us

Just finished our SaddleSore 2000 this morning and between our Gerbing jacket liners and heated insoles cold was never an issue. Used ATV muffs on both the front and passenger grips and I must say that it was the best the heated grips ever performed. Now it's true that we were mostly south on I-10 but cold is cold, wherever you encounter it. So consider no more, be it from BajaRon, Amazon, or Cycle Gear, make with the heated gear. oh, and as was mentioned, spring for a variable controller, makes for a lot less fiddling.
    Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167