Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Lowrider Seat

Ultimate offers a Lowrider version of their seat for the ST that they say maintains the same rider height as the stock ST seat but moves you 2" closer to your handlebars. I was going to change my handlebar riser to shorten my reach on sharp turns. I am in the market for a more comfortable seat as well and this looks like it might accomplish both.
    I know that Ultimate makes a good seat and I am curious if anyone has any experience with the Lowrider. Any trade-offs?
    Thanks,
    ShadyGrady

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyGrady View Post
    Ultimate offers a Lowrider version of their seat for the ST that they say maintains the same rider height as the stock ST seat but moves you 2" closer to your handlebars. I was going to change my handlebar riser to shorten my reach on sharp turns. I am in the market for a more comfortable seat as well and this looks like it might accomplish both.
    I know that Ultimate makes a good seat and I am curious if anyone has any experience with the Lowrider. Any trade-offs?
    Thanks,
    ShadyGrady
    Ultimate Seats told me that the "Lowrider" moved the rider 2" further away from the handlebars.....here is that response from them.....
    "Hi Steve, we have a Tallboy seat coming that sits 2 inches back and should be ready in a few weeks.
    Give us a call on 1-877-672 0288 first week of November.
    Thanks
    Des"

Spyder Garage

Default Low Rider vs. Tall Boy

Thanks Des,
    I am just going by their website which shows both a standard and a Low Rider seat currently available for the RS and ST. According to their site the Low Rider moves the rider 2" closer to the handlebars - which makes sense to me. I believe the Tall Boy is a 3rd option they are going to offer which will move the rider 2" further away from the bars. I will contact them tomorrow to be sure I have this right.
    Thanks,
    ShadyGrady

Spyder Garage

Default You're Correct...

Thanks Des,
    I am just going by their website which shows both a standard and a Low Rider seat currently available for the RS and ST. According to their site the Low Rider moves the rider 2" closer to the handlebars - which makes sense to me. I believe the Tall Boy is a 3rd option they are going to offer which will move the rider 2" further away from the bars. I will contact them tomorrow to be sure I have this right.
    Thanks,
    ShadyGrady
    Lowrider: 2" closer than stock to the bars
    Midrider: Same distance as the stock seat to the bars
    Tall Boy: 2" farther back than stock to the bars

Best,

Dave
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thank you for the clarification Dave. I sent you a PM with a few questions as I want to order one this week.
    ShadyGrady

Spyder Garage

Default I am a leather guy

Dave at Ultimate went out of his way to answer all of my questions but in the end I am a leather guy. I have been using leather saddles for years and I really like them. It is down to Russell Day Long or Corbin for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Seats View Post
    Lowrider: 2" closer than stock to the bars
    Midrider: Same distance as the stock seat to the bars
    Tall Boy: 2" farther back than stock to the bars

Best,

Dave
    My Bad as they say! I guess I need to get my glasses checked.

Spyder Garage

We got the Ultimate lowrider for my wife's 2013 ST-S. She is 5'4 and it is perfect for her. Excellent seat, she can ride all day now.

Spyder Garage

Default Reduced Reach, the New Lowrider Seat

Just as a note, we were having some confusion when we named our 2" closer to the bars seat 'The Lowrider' as it doesn't sit you any lower than stock. The same great seat now has a new name, the "Reduced Reach" seat.

Best,

Dave
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have and Ultimate lowrider and the way I interpreted it when I made the purchase it, it is for riders that sit low on the end of the seat near the handlebars and the low rider is built so you have back support and a better material to sit on.

Spyder Garage

Default Does any know the name.....

Of the guy that's riding theGS TAURUS. I think it was Docuru or something.
    He was very nice and informative. Any information would be great ,

Ronbo

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Risers

Thanks,
    ShadyGrady

Where can I get or who sells risers for the 2013 ST-S

Spyder Garage

Default Bought a Corbin

I ended up buying the Corbin seat for my ST and I could not be happier. It positions me right where I want to be relative to my handlebars and it really holds me in place (very secure feeling). It is a little on the hard side but I knew that going in. I had Corbin's on most of my Harley's and really like the support they give. I love leather seats and simply was not going to settle for a vinyl one at anywhere close to the same price.
    ShadyGrady