Thread: Tires

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Tires

My front tires were shot on my 2010 RT with 16,500 miles on them. Thought I'd look for some other than the original Kendas. I chose Bridgestone Potenza 165/65-R14 for $75.00 each. Had them mounted and balanced and then added Ride-On. These are advertised as low rolling resistence, high performance tires. Took it for a ride yesterday and am very impressed by the the way they corner, and smooth ride. No cons at all.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Throttle Bodies

I'd like to thank Can Am for warranting my throttle bodies on my 2010 RT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your choice! We've had other good reports about the Potenzas, and are glad to see that they're still a worthwhile choice!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DougB View Post
    My front tires were shot on my 2010 RT with 16,500 miles on them. Thought I'd look for some other than the original Kendas. I chose Bridgestone Potenza 165/65-R14 for $75.00 each. Had them mounted and balanced and then added Ride-On. These are advertised as low rolling resistence, high performance tires. Took it for a ride yesterday and am very impressed by the the way they corner, and smooth ride. No cons at all.
    when you added ride-on you didn't need to have them balanced before hoped you removed any weights they might of put on ride-on does a dual purpose balances the tires entire life of tire so no need of rotating them and helps against getting a nail or something in the tire,i've had ride-on in my tires for over a year now never had any problems.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know..!!

give us an update once you wear the new off them...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

congrads... on the new tires... let us know how they perform/wear.... i'll never buy any more Kenda & surely not a 2 ply Kenda junk for the rear... heck 2 ply tires are for wheelbarrows & lawnmowers.. surely not for vehicles that rides on the highway at 70MPH....

OSM

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    when you added ride-on you didn't need to have them balanced before hoped you removed any weights they might of put on ride-on does a dual purpose balances the tires entire life of tire so no need of rotating them and helps against getting a nail or something in the tire,i've had ride-on in my tires for over a year now never had any problems.
    I knew that about Ride-On as I used it in the old tires. One of the new tires balanced w/o weights and the other took 1/4 ounce.