Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
You ask where your information comes from regarding the quality problem here, the proof lies in the purchase; and it is the general public that passes judgment on an item whether it's a quality item or not. Who else would have the final say?
You are talking about perceived quality. The quality of a product is a very simple measure that has nothing to do with what the public thinks. Quality is not the ability of a product to meet it's performance requirements, it is a measure of if it does meet company defined performance requirements. These requirements are set by management,not the public. Unfortunatly, it is the general opinion (mine included) that BRP has set the bar way to low on Spyders. I have been quite critical of BRP for issues that to me seem as if they should never have been sent out for public consumption. Changing oil or battery replacement is a good example of physical issues with the 998 RTs. Their manuals historically are horrible. While I don't agree that BRP should have sent units into the hands of customers with these issues, none of them has anything to do with quality. The 2013 RT is another question about BRPs commitment. In the automotive world, a Pinto met it's quality standards far more easily than a Cadillac. This is mainly because the company defined requirements for what the product was expected to do was significantly different. Also, the pinto would have been defined at a level that was based on it's very basic function. It still would have a quality level that matched or exceeded the Cadillac.