Spyder Garage

Default Canadians Riders with gas smell fumes please read.

The United States NHTSA is now investigating Spyders with fuel vapour smells and heat related problems.
    I have been run around in circles by BRP head office support on this topic.

BRP keep telling me to take my machine back to the dealer and the dealer can't find a problem.
    The dealer acknowledges I have a problem because I've driven the machine to the dealership several times and wasted the fragrant atmosphere at the dealership with boiling gas fumes.

I've had 3 incident numbers from BRP, and they have had my machine at my dealers for over 10 weeks in 1 1/2 years.

I strongly believe BRP is stalling me and others on purpose.
    Run out the warranty clock maybe?
    Wait till fall so the heat problem is reduced to the point I can't prove it anymore due to our colder weather?

BRP rep tells me the dealership can't find a problem, they have changed 3 canisters and a few times a valve, they wrapped my exhaust with heat tape.

Again.. the dealership agrees with me there is a problem and are getting frustrated too.
    They are very capable repair people, I get other work done there too...great people and mechanics.

Should we Canadians be getting together and start filing complaints with the Canadian organization responsible as the NHTSA in the USA?

Here is a link for complaints in Canada.
    https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur...WT.mc_id=fii4q

Like BMW if they would offer a buy back my RT-s, it would be out of here.
    Paying 28K for a machine of this dubious quality is making me annoyed.

I have even offered BRP the use of my machine for the winter in Val Dor Quebec to resolve and or study the problem.

If you also have been having issues on this topic, email me back channel please and we will can organize something.
    Least we should file reports in Canada too.

Let me know what you have experienced.
    Has anyone else made a complaint?
    Last edited by condorflysu; 10-28-2014 at 05:37 PM.