Thread: Back Rest Pad

Spyder Garage

Default Back Rest Pad

I am finding that the back rest for my heated comfort seat (2014 RTL) is a bit uncomfortable. Is there a pad available for the back rest that anyone is familiar with. I would like a sheepskin pad if available. Thank you for your responses.
    2016 Freewheeler

2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White (SOLD)

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have seen sheepskin pads used on backrests; probably anyone who sells sheepskin seat covers, could cut one for you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb BRP Driver Back Rest Angle hurts my back.

I too agree that the backrest is uncomfortable to me. I also have the comfort heated seat. I am 5'10" with 36" sleeve length and 32" inseam.
    I looked and the "bend over" set up of the back rest. I think maybe I can grind down the pot metal part area of the hinge to get the back rest to recline more.
    BRP should have done it more like what is on the new F3 which is adjustable and the aftermarket ones but don't fit the heated comfort seat of the RT series as I understand.
    Hope this helps.

Andy S.
    Andy S. a.k.a. SpyderRT

2014 Black RT-S with SE6, Tri-Axis handlebars, Rear Trunk liner and shelf, Travel Cover, Heated Comfort seat, Driver Backrest, Akrapovic Silencer, 25 inch Adjustable Vent windshield, Adjustable Side Wind deflectors. BajaRon Swaybar and links. KOTT grills.