Spyder Garage

Default For Sale: used RS Comfort Seat and Hindle Exhaust

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414383678.422762.jpg

I removed the Hindle exhaust and Comfort Seat from my 2012 RSS today.

Looking for best offers on both, they are both in great condition and show no visible wear and tear (they were both put on for the 2014 season)

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

can i get some more pics of both items?

Spyder Garage

Here are photos of the seat. What other photos are needed of the exhaust? I removed it from the spyder over the weekend and boxed it up

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414692075.274434.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414692089.825189.jpg

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Cool

PM Sent.

ps. You are still keeping your RSS I presume, right?

- Michael

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michael211_2000 View Post
    PM Sent.

ps. You are still keeping your RSS I presume, right?

- Michael
    Actually, the 2012 RSS is getting traded back to the dealer for an F3. Its had non-stop technical issues and has been in the shop a ton. The dealer is bending over backwards on price to take care of me on this deal. But the seat and exhaust didn't add to the value of the trade, and I still had the stock parts so I put them back on.

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Wow! That bites!

My 2012 RS has about 7.8K miles on it and has been bulletproof... except I had to add a little brake fluid to the fluid reservoirs after I started seeing a "Brake Failure" alert on the display the other week (apparently the sensors are a little too high in the reservoirs and get triggered even if the fluid level is still above the Min level.. who knew?).

Hope you have better luck with the F3 I guess.

- Michael
    Last edited by Michael211_2000; 10-31-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Spyder Garage

Wow! That bites!

My 2012 RS has about 7.8K miles on it and has been bulletproof... except I had to add a little brake fluid to the fluid reservoirs after I started seeing a "Brake Failure" alert on the display the other week (apparently the sensor are a little too high in the reservoirs and get triggered even if the fluid level is still above the Min level.. who knew?).

Hope you have better luck with the F3 I guess.

- Michael
    I've had the brake failure too, right around the same milage.

i've had non stop transmission errors, gear position sensor replacements, during the middle of this other problems started popping up that were solved by a new ignition system (wires, coils, plugs, etc). BRP later threw a new throttle body on thinking it would help with the weird glitches i was having.... and its still not working perfectly.

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder:

Spyder Garage

I will say, even with all these problems, it will hurt parting with this machine. As angry as I get at BRP, its still mostly been a good machine... and I love the look / style. Hopefully my red and black F3 will fill the hole left behind hahaha

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder:

Spyder Garage

fyi: Apparently the brake fluid level slowly drops as the brake pads wear, like an automobile with disk brakes the calipers retain more fluid as the pads get thinner. About 7.5K miles or so the pads are thin enough that the fluid level in the reservoirs drops to Min (where mine were)... and that triggers that stupid (and very poorly phrased!) "Brake Failure" alert message that scrolls across the display. It's actually just trying to tell you the brake fluid level is a little low (you'd think it'd have to be well BELOW Min level before that message was triggered, but apparently not). I added about 1 oz of fluid to each reservoir bringing them both up to Max level, no more "Brake Failure" message for a week now (and it was happening almost every day I rode it the previous week before I added a little fluid, so I'm confident that's what the problem was). Others have chimed in that they too experienced the same exact "Brake Failure" alert even though their brakes seemed to work fine, and adding brake fluid seems to resolve the issue every time. It sure scares the BJ's outta you the 1st time that alert messages scrolls across the screen, I swear! BRP please take note!!!!

- Michael

Spyder Garage

FYI, the seat is sold, hindle exhaust is still available for purchase.
    I also still have a bajaron anti-sway bar that was never installed as well.

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Question

I'm tapped-out right now, but kinda curious what that Hindle exhaust was like on your RSS? Was it significantly louder than the OEM exhaust? Could you detect a real performance difference?

(hey the more we talk here the more people will see your listing so... )

Is your RSS being ridden still or is it parked till that F3 you ordered arrives? Have you seen or sat on an F3 yet? Or did you order it on faith? And can you tell what the dealer is giving you on trade-in for the RSS?

- Michael

Spyder Garage

I'm tapped-out right now, but kinda curious what that Hindle exhaust was like on your RSS? Was it significantly louder than the OEM exhaust? Could you detect a real performance difference?

(hey the more we talk here the more people will see your listing so... )

Is your RSS being ridden still or is it parked till that F3 you ordered arrives? Have you seen or sat on an F3 yet? Or did you order it on faith? And can you tell what the dealer is giving you on trade-in for the RSS?

- Michael
    There is definitely a performance difference. And the sound was significantly louder... I was always worried about the neighbors as I like to close the local bar down and I came thundering home every night at 2am. When you turn it off, you can hear the echo bounce several times through out the neighborhood. It also backfired A LOT, especially in colder weather. You could put it in neutral, stand there, pull the throttle back and after a few seconds it would backfire and have a flame shoot out the back end. Having the OE exhaust on again its like a totally new bike, I catch myself doing 20mph over the limit because I can't hear it anymore :P

I have not sat on the F3... I'm taking everyone's word for it. I like the lean forward position, but I do get tired of feeling like I'm going to be flung from the machine when i brake... having the foot rests in front should add some leverage.. I'm also taking everyones word for it that it is the best spyder out there. I wanted the 1330 in the RS and they didn't deliver. They won't have any F3s in Minnesota until after snow fall... Stupid planning on BRPs part IMHO.

The dealer is giving me the F3 at invoice, CanAm is throwing in some money (not enough in my opinion since all my problems are THEIR fault), and the dealer is doing a 0% consignment sale of the 2012 RSS.

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder:

Spyder Garage

I've had to emergency brake my RS (to keep from t-boning a mini-van that illegally turned right in front of me 1 day last year), and it WILL stop on a dime I swear... but it does take a lot of upper body strength to stay on it when standing on the brake pedal hard like that! Luckily most stops don't require standing hard on the brake pedal.

I'm not an F3 fan, when I 1st saw pics of that machine I figured it was going to be the lowest end model Spyder (ie. a very basic bare bones Spyder, that's what it looked like to me from just the early pics). The only advantage it has, now that I've seen specs on it, is that ACE engine and tranny.... just about every other thing about it I personally dislike and wouldn't want myself. I sure can't see it being higher-up on the desirability list than the RT touring Spyders though...

Think I will stay with my OEM exhaust for a long, long time then... I don't think backfiring is good for the engine I try to prevent that as much as possible.

- Michael