Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2008 RS, 29K miles, Houston, TX, Loaded for $9300

Greetings! I am selling my 2008 Spyder RS. It has been good to me but I am moving on to other toys. http://davidsmoot.com/spyder/ has all the details but here is a cut and paste of the text. Go to the link for more photos:
    I am selling my 2008 Can Am Spyder RS. It has been good to me but I'm interested in trying out another toy. It has a little over 29,000 miles as of mid October but it still gets ridden as weather and schedule allows. I'm the third owner. I'm an engineer and I love to tweak and modify things and I also keep meticulous records.
    For more information my email is davidsmoot (_at_) gmail dot com. My mobile is two eight one seven eight seven four zero three one. I am in Pearland, TX and willing to meet within 25 miles for interested buyers. Asking price is $9300. All reasonable offers will get a response but don't waste both our time with lowballs. If I want to get taken advantage of, I'll just trade it in. I am willing to strip off unwanted accessories and drop the price some, everything is negotiable. I am not interested in trades for other vehicles, just cash.
    The good:

• All service records since the first owner in pdf form. You can see who did what when to the bike.
    • All maintenance I did myself has receipts for oil and filters.
    • I scanned all receipts for major service and accessories into PDF's you can have
    • PDF of service manual included
    • I have records of all the fill ups and miles per gallon for the time I have owned the bike.
    • Bike is loaded with lots of goodies including:
      • Corbin seat with driver backrest (but the previous owner lost the kickstand, see below for pictures and details in The bad section). Factory seat included but I doubt anyone would prefer it.
      • Waterproof button on console wired to garage remote (I can remove or include programming instructions).
      • Kisan headlight modulator installed to rapidly blink headlights between 50% and full brightness as long as the sun is up. If you don't like it, a piece of tape over the sunlight sensor disables the modulator.
      • Front trunk liner with 12 power plug
      • Factory hard luggage (removable) with matching Givi bag liners to make touring easier.
      • Another large Givi trunk mounted to tail with a passenger back rest. (All luggage was re-keyed to a single key which I have several of)
      • Rear trunk can be removed and replaced with just the sport rack or with the passenger back rest.
      • Clutch fluid cover has a RAM mount ball for GPS / cell phone / whatever (removable)
      • 12V power brought out to plug on dash for radar detector. Easily removable.
      • Cheap plastic grills in body work replaced with real metal screens from Spyderpops.com.
      • Spyderpops air dam, heat shield, and skid plate installed (http://www.spyderpops.com/)
      • Small factory tank bag included
      • Paint protector installed on tank fairing.
      • Passenger foot peg extensions have been installed for more passenger leg room
      • Shocks were replaced with takeoffs from a late model RT. Not as good as aftermarket but much better than the worn out stockers.
      • Some riding gear available if it fits and you want it.

The bad

• Passenger allowed some shoe material to melt onto the exhaust on a long summer road trip. See pictures below.
    • Right side hard bag is missing the reflective oval (Ordered replacement, should be here by end of October)
    • I've managed to scuff the paint in more than a couple of places. It is a well ridden and enjoyed bike. I tried to take good pictures of all damage.
    • The license plate will eventually crack if ridden at highway speeds in a cross wind. This is a known flaw of how Texas does the inspection plate. It is annoying but it won't fall off.
    • Previous owner somehow lost the little kickstand that holds the seat up during refueling. I use a short piece of PVC that looks ghetto but works just fine.

Spyder Garage

That's a NICE RIDE. I have a. 2008 GS with sports rack. I am interested in the rear trunk SETUP. I know you don't want to sell it alone, but could you provide what it took to get that setup? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DunaJ View Post
    That's a NICE RIDE. I have a. 2008 GS with sports rack. I am interested in the rear trunk SETUP. I know you don't want to sell it alone, but could you provide what it took to get that setup? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd prefer to keep it all together but you are the second person to ask about the trunk alone. If I don't get much action on the listing I'll start parting out some of the better bits.

David

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Bumpity Bump Bump.