Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Did you replace the gas cap?

At the same time they make the recall. Receive by mail. and nothing change.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

any news on this dead line is getting closer ?????????????????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mastertek2000 View Post
    any news on this dead line is getting closer ?????????????????
    Won't hear anything till after the deadline I am sure. NHTSA will need time to digest it and discuss it with BRP.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder heat iss8ues

Really?? 'Bout time the NHTSA did something. I have written BRP twice about the heat and other issues on my 2013 ST-SE5 since the beginning of this year and they haven't answered with a single word. It will be so easy for them to get away with their incompetence or carelessness. And, I would be wiling to bet they count off a kazillion dollars on R&D, yet it is obvious they do none of it. Well, hope their britches get in the fire on this one. I will be corresponding with the NHTSA.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why'd you buy their product if you hate them so much?

"Well, hope their britches get in the fire on this one."

Would you prefer that the Spyder be taken off the market??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I love my spyder just wa t a fix that is a I ask for

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's cool; I've got no problem with anyone looking for solutions...
    But I will admit, to growing tired of "BRP bashing"...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That's cool; I've got no problem with anyone looking for solutions...
    But I will admit, to growing tired of "BRP bashing"...
    I feel you bob this is my second spyder I am sure it won't be my last like I said I love my spyder just want a fix

Spyder Garage

Hi Bob,

Re: But I will admit, to growing tired of "BRP bashing"...

Not me; IMO it is well-deserved.

I had a very simple technical question; went to their website & sent them a CONTACT US message.

I received a yadda-yadda generic response. Then it has the audacity to say that if I wanted further information ( 'further;' it had NONE ) that I should call this phone number. So I did; do you think I could get 'any' info out of them? Nada, negatory, nothing.

Sorry state of affairs.

I own and operate a small business; if I treated my customers like that I would be out of business in a week.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) On the positive side: You & I seem to like the same type of jokes.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Default NHSTA

I love my Spyder but can't stand the heat, I hope they get everything worked out.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IMHO- Life is WAY to short. If you all are THAT unhappy with the product or how you've been treated, then its time to move on.... You DO have a choice.

Spyder Garage

I can't wait to hear all the reason from BRP to NHTSA to justify after investigation that everything is like it was design by there engineer and is probably a misunderstood of there customer they don't know how to use there product.

Spyder Garage

So no reason to make any recall.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    IMHO- Life is WAY to short. If you all are THAT unhappy with the product or how you've been treated, then its time to move on.... You DO have a choice.
    I know that there are a whole bunch of folks looking for answers...
    I also know that 2013 was a model year that got caught "in-between".
    Nobody knows what is going to happen; I'd HATE to see it sink the entire product line...

Spyder Garage

I just want to ensure our ride is safe. First... want to make sure it does not start on fire while my wife is riding. Secondly, I don't want it to burn down my house ...or the neighbor's. I have no desire for BRP to go out of business.... nor will I be an apologist for them if there is an issue. We otherwise love our Spyder and I praise BRP for their boldness and innovation. Just need to make sure it is safe. Not looking to bury the company or put their workers out of jobs.
    2012 RT-SE5

Spyder Garage

My opinion, which is worth way less than what you'll pay for it, is; this is a Catch 22 for BRP. No matter which way they go it will have some hefty negative consequences, including additional exposure to court litigation. I'd say the legal beagles are earning their paycheck on this one.

With people lined up, axes in hand, BRP doesn't want to supply the grinders. All the while, some owners are left twisting in the wind.

No one wants it to be this way, and someone will probably have to take responsibility (you would assume this would be BRP). Hopefully, an unnecessarily ugly situation will soon be headed towards a satisfactory solution. I think this is the best we can hope for. The sooner, the better.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gonna give my opinion, although nobody wants it...
    NHTSA is dealing with a specific issue - fires. This covers the melted parts, the fuel issue, and other related stuff.

90% of the complaints I've read on here relate to the "hot foot" or other "comfort" issues, and those guys seem to think they can jump on the NHTSA bandwagon, and get some sort of results... Don't hold your breath waiting!!

While the investigation is legit, and BRP has been trying to address these issues, the comfort issues just simply aren't legitimate complaints to roll into this issue. To those people, I still say, just move on to another toy if it brings you that much grief.

I'll crawl back in my hole again because I really don't give a crap if I offend anyone...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You are 100% correct...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post

At what loss? Come on now stop thinking only of yourself. A lot of people out there who got burned in there purchase from BRP. Let's not shove them under the bus because we do not have the same problem. I had a 2013 and know how they feel. It cost me nearly $12,000 to get rid of it.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    NHTSA is dealing with a specific issue - fires. This covers the melted parts, the fuel issue, and other related stuff.

90% of the complaints I've read on here relate to the "hot foot" or other "comfort" issues, and those guys seem to think they can jump on the NHTSA bandwagon, and get some sort of results... Don't hold your breath waiting!!

While the investigation is legit, and BRP has been trying to address these issues, the comfort issues just simply aren't legitimate complaints to roll into this issue. To those people, I still say, just move on to another toy if it brings you that much grief.

I'll crawl back in my hole again because I really don't give a crap if I offend anyone...
    Are you just complaining about the piggybacking of other issues on to the fire issues being addressed by the NHTSA, or are you complaining about the complainers of everything from A to Z? And, yes I did see where you used the word opinion.

Spyder Garage

I do not have a hot foot issue that is easily fixed. I and many others are concerned about the gas fumes that are excessive on the 2013 especially. NHTSA has asked for the CARB certification tests and documents on the EVAP system. That should tell you what they are looking at as a possible fire hazard. We will be learning more in the coming months but BRP has had some people try (test pilots) a heat fix kit with a reversing fan and drilled holes that has not worked that well. They are looking for a fix but it will cost them more that they would like IMHO. Coated headers, fully insulated gas tank and CAT cover is what I believe may work.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post

i beg to differ with you, i had a canister replaced but mt main complaint to the NHTSA and to BRP was the hot foot issue. i didn't have any fires or melting parts but i was contacted by the gentleman from the NHTSA to bring my bike for him to take heat readings for the survey. when he found out i sold the bike he thanked me for my time. but the hot foot issue was also being investigated
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

At what loss? Come on now stop thinking only of yourself. A lot of people out there who got burned in there purchase from BRP. Let's not shove them under the bus because we do not have the same problem. I had a 2013 and know how they feel. It cost me nearly $12,000 to get rid of it.

Jack
    A $12,000 loss is peanuts if you TRULY fear for your life or your property burning down.
    If I had one of those problem child machines and was TRULY worried about the things I read about on here that people are bitching about, I would have traded it in LONG ago.

I had a new Jeep many many years ago, one of the first new vehicles I ever owned, that kept burning up computers and would leave me stranded.
    Traded it in and moved on.....looking back, it was probably one of the best moves I've made. I took a loss for sure.
    Is it fair or right? No. But like I said, life is way to short to sweat this stuff.
    And I certainly didn't go all crazy on the Jeep forums either.

Remember, this is a hobby. If your not happy, its time to move on.....
    The fact is that we all have a choice and we all know the risks. People choose to own and operate their own machine.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Jack
    Yes some of us have upwards of thirty thousand invested in a machine that keeps us wondering if it could burst into flames not all of us can afford to take a 12 grand or more hit as much as we may want to upgrade. at this point I am just going to sit back and enjoy the ryde that I have and try not to stress out about it.
    I do not wish any thing bad for BRP they have always done right by me and have fixed any issues other than the obvious gas fume heat thing.