Spyder Garage

Default Stressful Transaction

I have purchased many vehicles and motorcycles over the years and my recent purchase of my 2014 RT Limited has been the MOST stressful. First off it was a long process in deciding to purchase the Spyder due to no one I knew had one to get first hand info and I was worried about reliability problems. But after several test rides and when BRP came out with the 2014 model I decided it was time to make the move.
    I found a dealer I felt comfortable with even though he's 80 miles away. The actual purchase was easy enough and I got a good deal and the first two weeks was our honeymoon period. Then things started to go wrong. First my accessories finally came in and I carried my bike in for the install and the same day I took it in the parts guys put some of my parts in a shipment going back to BRP. So when the Tech stated my install half way through he noticed some of my parts missing. He called me and I told him to go ahead with what we had and I would pick up the Spyder in the morning. When I arrived he brought out my RT and the first thing I noticed was it had the wrong handlebars on it. It had black tri-axes bars and I paid for chrome.
    The Tech didn't know which bars I ordered and called the salesman and he checked his paperwork and he had the part no# for the chrome bars. The mix up was in the parts department when they filled the order. At this point some off my accessories aren't even here and some of the ones I had are wrong. The salesman said they would change them but I told him to just give me my money back on the parts that were sent back and the difference between the chrome and black bars. He did so and and told me when it was time for my 3000 mile service it was free because of the trouble I had.
    So time goes by and my trailer finally arrives after waiting a month and they call and tell me not to come pick it up because when they took it out of the crate it had two damaged places on it. He said the box was damaged and on that side the trailer had two places where the paint was rubbed off. He said he had made arrangements to have it painted and they would deliver it to me at the end of next week so I wouldn't have to come pick it up.
    I will have to say the dealer couldn't have prevented any of these things and they have tried to make things right but it still makes for a stressful situation. Other than the bad luck getting my accessories and trailer I'm very happy with my purchase. I just hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's only going to get better!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Sometimes, stuff happens that should not. It does sound you have a good dealer though. They admitted to problems and seem to be going out of their way to make you a happy customer. Hang on to that dealer for now--they seem to be a keeper.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like you picked a really good dealer. As for the black bars I think you might like them better than the chrome ones, the chrome ones give off too much glare.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

S**t happens, if everything is almost ok now then enjoy the ride

Spyder Garage

Default Relax..!!

things will get better once you get things set the way you want. The more techy and advanced we get the more goes wrong. Sometimes miss the old days of manual everything...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I would say bad luck. I know lots of other riders whom have upgraded to the 2014 RT and love the spyder and have had no problems with the spyder. The only problem I know of was a faulty brake light switch that caused a fault code and the dealer replaced the switch the same day.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Sounds like you picked a really good dealer. As for the black bars I think you might like them better than the chrome ones, the chrome ones give off too much glare.
    Amen to the too much glare.. I really regretted them on my 2012... A good dealer will make a good bike very enjoyable and you are now on your way to good times
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Expectations - Paid in full

I hear you. Asking, and paying for...what YOU want, and then, having to settle. For whatever ever reason. Is never fun. Hope things go better for you from this point forward.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you know what I find stressful; the O.P's avatar!
    But I really have no right to complain... just a phobia of mine.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Do you know what I find stressful; the O.P's avatar!
    But I really have no right to complain... just a phobia of mine.
    My wife hates it too! She didn't want me to get the spiders on the Ultimate seat either but she did say they looked OK for spiders.

Spyder Garage

Default ??

What dealer?
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

You're just getting all the bad stuff out of the way at the front end...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidTNDawg View Post
    What dealer?
    Outer Limit Powersports in Dyersburg Tennessee. I will have to say they have tried very hard to make things right when things didn't work out as planned. They met or beat any offer from other dealers on the sale and have worked to provide service after the sale. I can tell that they are as concerned about the problems during the transaction as we are. For some reason it just seems that everything that can go wrong, has gone wrong and it's not either parties fault. As they say s#$@ happens I just wish it didn't happen all at one time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
    As they say s#$@ happens I just wish it didn't happen all at one time.
    If it's gonna happen then it's probably best to get it all out of the way ASAP!! Nothing worse if it drags on and on for months!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    If it's gonna happen then it's probably best to get it all out of the way ASAP!! Nothing worse if it drags on and on for months!
    RIGHT! just ask any 2013 owner about things dragging on for months....

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame