Spyder Garage

Default Got the "I want"'s

Did another demo ryde of the F3 today this time in Jacksonville. Really like the way this model rydes and feels.

As a side note I also want the software flashed on my 2014 RT-S to get rid of the computer wait time before starting. NO WAITING on the F3 . Saying it is for safety or security doesn't fly if you make it model specific.

Looks like we will be adding the F3 to our garage. Easy enough to change from her preferred seating position #2 to my #5. Reps claim it is about a 20 minute job.

CJ JAX

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So tell us about which model, and colors...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    Did another demo ryde of the F3 today this time in Jacksonville. Really like the way this model rydes and feels....

CJ JAX
    CJ,

Wow, that's great that you've gotten two demo rides on the F3 already. Didn't know that they eliminated the "waiting time" to start the bike. That's a real positive.

What I am really curious about is exactly how they accomplished the better ride and the better feel. I'm sure many folks are curious about that. Can you try and put into words, from your limited experience on the bike, exactly how the ride feels different, and especially how it handles differently from your RT-S, and your opinion about the design changes on of the F3 that contribute to those improvements?
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please tell me a little bit more about the "new and improved" startup process...
    No waiting???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Please tell me a little bit more about the "new and improved" startup process...
    No waiting???
    Turn the key to on, tap the eco button, kill switch off, hit starter button, slip into gear and RYDE!

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

Default Making Me Jealous!!

I envy you and others that have gotten their demo rydes already. My dealer up here in Ohio says he won't be getting one until maybe late November, and that's just a maybe!! Usually we are well into cold weather here by that time and snow isn't unheard of. Spring weather is over 5 months away and the wait will seem long. I guess I'll just have to do some static sits in dealer showrooms and at the big motorcycle show in Cleveland this January. I'll just keep reading posts here and reading magazine tests over the winter to stay up on the F3.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow! No waiting to start? I'm liking this better and better!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    CJ,

Wow, that's great that you've gotten two demo rides on the F3 already. Didn't know that they eliminated the "waiting time" to start the bike. That's a real positive.

What I am really curious about is exactly how they accomplished the better ride and the better feel. I'm sure many folks are curious about that. Can you try and put into words, from your limited experience on the bike, exactly how the ride feels different, and especially how it handles differently from your RT-S, and your opinion about the design changes on of the F3 that contribute to those improvements?
    Probably the biggest thing for me is the ryding position. With the fuel tank moved forward you are sitting lower on the bike, feels more like you are working with it than ryding on top of it. The feet forward cruiser style will appeal to some and not others. I like it. I feel that I get to use my legs more when ryding in this position. Pushing against the foot pegs holds you in the seat better with spirited maneuvers. There is more support behind the driver and less of a need for an additional backrest. With the lowered seating the handlebars are now higher in relation to your body. They are claiming more low end torque with the larger sprocket and I would have to agree, but then I am comparing it to my 2014 RT-S which has about 160 lbs more of bike and then we are usually two up ryding. The F3 wanted to go when you gave it a twist. A couple of times I jumped a bit faster than the bike in front of me while not even trying, can you say BRAKE. Enough tupperware to make it sleek and enough engine and mechanical to show it isn't a toy. It has far less of a lawn tractor in person than in all the photos but I can't put my finger on why that is. Bottom line is we went to ryde the new model for the chance to say we did and not because we were looking for another bike, but....looks like CARA will have some company in the garage.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

No waiting !!!!

I hope they can push that through to other models.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    No waiting !!!!

I hope they can push that through to other models.
    I would love to see it but don't expect it. I'm sure they could come up with a laundry list of reasons why it can't happen.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Wow! No waiting to start? I'm liking this better and better!

Now we can use it as a getaway car in our bank robbery jobs

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Great..!!

looks like a small leap from the "I want" to the "I Got". Just the waiting...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Tell me about it!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Now we can use it as a getaway car in our bank robbery jobs

Cruzr Joe
    I was thinking the exact same thing...
    Only I'm signing my post as....

...Anonymous!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    Probably the biggest thing for me is the ryding position. With the fuel tank moved forward you are sitting lower on the bike, feels more like you are working with it than ryding on top of it. The feet forward cruiser style will appeal to some and not others. I like it. I feel that I get to use my legs more when ryding in this position. Pushing against the foot pegs holds you in the seat better with spirited maneuvers. There is more support behind the driver and less of a need for an additional backrest. With the lowered seating the handlebars are now higher in relation to your body. They are claiming more low end torque with the larger sprocket and I would have to agree, but then I am comparing it to my 2014 RT-S which has about 160 lbs more of bike and then we are usually two up ryding. The F3 wanted to go when you gave it a twist. A couple of times I jumped a bit faster than the bike in front of me while not even trying, can you say BRAKE. Enough tupperware to make it sleek and enough engine and mechanical to show it isn't a toy. It has far less of a lawn tractor in person than in all the photos but I can't put my finger on why that is. Bottom line is we went to ryde the new model for the chance to say we did and not because we were looking for another bike, but....looks like CARA will have some company in the garage.

CJ JAX
    CJ,

Thanks for your observations. Very interesting. Good to hear confirmation that the lower center of gravity (rider sitting behind the gas tank, rather than on top of it) makes you feel that you are working with the bike, rather than just perched on top "going along for the ride" - especially on the turns, I'd imagine. Between that, the improved riding position, and the other things you mentioned, it's easy to see why you would want one after a few test rides.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I will test ride Nov. 6th at Lone Star Rally.....hoping for an hour or 2 out on the road....sitting in the saddle vs. on the saddle will be a plus......waiting.......thanks for your test ride review

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

I believe the "no waiting" feature for start-up is due to the modified 2008-style gauge package. The wait time on RT/ST models now is more of a boot issue for the LCD screen gauge, IMO. With the "older" style gauge on the F3 it lights up immediately and fires right up after a single key stroke, no big screen that you have to wait for. It is nice.

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sooo... Is this a case of, "Teaching a NEW dog; OLD tricks"?

Spyder Garage

It was likely a case of responding to owner's complaints about the boot time on the LCD color screen on the RTs and STs, and an effort to lower production costs. The monochrome 3-dial gauge like what the GS/RS models had was quick to come up, and with the F3 being a bit more of the "raw" look it seems more fitting to give it the basic gauge set instead of the full-blown color display of the RT.

That is always one thing that drives me nuts on the ST-S compared to the 2008 GS is the wait time. The GS gauge is ready at about 4 seconds, where the ST takes like 11-12 seconds to be ready. The only benefit was to give the fuel pump time to pressurize the fuel rail before you hit the start key, but I have never had an issue getting the GS started with a quick crank.

I looked through my F3 photos but do not find a good image of the gauge package. The faceplate is different than what my 2008 GS has. I think we can see the corner of one here......this image also shows the new parking brake toggle switch as well.

BJN44611.jpg

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool Pics as requested.....

Here ya go....

F3Dash.jpg

My pleasure!

I'm already going green at all of the test rydes people are getting! I've ordered mine 'blind'.....no test rydes possible. thenvy-1.gif
    Last edited by OJ UK; 10-24-2014 at 04:46 PM.