Spyder Garage

Default Roadside Assistance-BEST warranty?

Please pardon my ignorance, but how does one acquire roadside assistance utilizing the BEST warranty?
    I've received some documentation from various dealers regarding the Terms and Features of the warranty, which includes Roadside assistance, but doesn't state how to get it if you need it...
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBud View Post
    Please pardon my ignorance, but how does one acquire roadside assistance utilizing the BEST warranty?
    I've received some documentation from various dealers regarding the Terms and Features of the warranty, which includes Roadside assistance, but doesn't state how to get it if you need it...

Dial 1 866 477-1415 and be sure that you have your serial # handy because you will need it for service and warranty verification.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Thank you! Noted!
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

You should have received a card with the phone number and info on it. Be sure to make it perfectly clear to the operator that you have a 3 wheeled vehicle and will require a flat bed. I tried to use the service once and the operator was clueless. The wrecker service she contacted called me to confirm that I had 3 wheels as she had told him I had a regular motorcycle. He was not able to pick up a Spyder. It would certainly suck to wait for a truck and then find out that they can't help you.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    You should have received a card with the phone number and info on it. Be sure to make it perfectly clear to the operator that you have a 3 wheeled vehicle and will require a flat bed. I tried to use the service once and the operator was clueless. The wrecker service she contacted called me to confirm that I had 3 wheels as she had told him I had a regular motorcycle. He was not able to pick up a Spyder. It would certainly suck to wait for a truck and then find out that they can't help you.
    Ann

Good advice, thanks for the extra info.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you! Noted!
    Don't you have one of the contact cards? It also states that you need to report your License Number.

I have carefully inscribed on my warranty card: my VIN and my plate number, so that I have them ready no matter where I am when I place the call.

Here are the instructions on the back of the card, verbatim:

WHEN CALLING FOR ROADSTER ASSISTANCE:

1. Provide Vehicle Identification Number
    2. Area Code and telephone number you are calling from
    3. Location of your vehicle
    4. Vehicle License number and state/province
    5. Type of service needed (Tow, flat tire, jump start, ect. [sic] )

Also don't forget Spyder Ann's note about "3 wheels," that's a good one!
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I keep a copy of the card, along with my registration and proof of insurance in a zip-lock bag, on my bike. This way, if I need it I have it.

Remember, it's better to have it and not need than to need it and not have it.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SpyderAnn01;893659]You should have received a card with the phone number and info on it.QUOTE]

I apologize for creating the confusion. I've not purchased the extended warranty quite yet, but only received the information concerning some of it's particulars from various dealers. But the details of how to go about receiving the service was not included.
    That said, I'll likely be cutting a check to Burt's Megamall. They seem to be the supplier of choice....
    Thanks again for all of your feedback!
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Speaking of particulars, Has anyone that purchased a BRP BEST policy every received a real contract that spells out what is and is not covered? I never got one and have heard several far fetched stories of claims denied for items clearly within the description on the sales literature. But, that is not the contract. Also dealers are often to blame for 'interpreting' the terms in the direction of higher payments to THEM. IE deny coverage and make the owner pay at a higher rate.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

On the B.E.S.T Warranty card you should have the: Serial #, when your Coverage Expires, Type of Coverage, Year and Model, on on the Paper Bottom right hand corner "Says Emergency Roadside Assistance ( Can-Am Roadsters Only): 1-866-477-1415. Hope the above info helps. I got the "B.E.S.T Extended Service Terms, saying MODEL# Serial #, Congradulations on your purchase of a : RD SPYDER RT S 1330 ACE! This certificate confirms your adhesion to the BRP EXTENDED SERVICE TERMS ( B.E.S.T) Plan. including Emergency Roadside Assistance. Please find attached your B.E.S.T Identification Card. Keep this card with you @ all times to ensure hassle-free repair and Roadside Assistance for your vehicle. Resulting from a mechanical Breakdown, you will pay fifty( 50) dollar deductible while NO DEDUCTIBLE APPLIES ON YOUR EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE COVERAGE.
    Hope this info. helps you. Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 10-23-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default You may already have an extended warranty.

[QUOTE=NorCalBud;893854]
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    You should have received a card with the phone number and info on it.QUOTE]

I apologize for creating the confusion. I've not purchased the extended warranty quite yet, but only received the information concerning some of it's particulars from various dealers. But the details of how to go about receiving the service was not included.
    That said, I'll likely be cutting a check to Burt's Megamall. They seem to be the supplier of choice....
    Thanks again for all of your feedback!
    If you just recently bought new, it came with a 24 month extended BEST warranty. I would call BRP direct and ask.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up BEST

Make sure if you buy used and it still have some of the remaining factory warranty left, call and get the extended warranty BEFORE it expires in order to pay new bike warranty price. Their is a price difference in buying before your factory warranty expire and after it expire.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

There was a flyer in my folder with the owners manual that detailed the use of roadside assistance for both basic and BEST warranty.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black