Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default OMG... some people!!!!

I was pulling into a parking spot at Home Depot, and some idiot while on his phone, runs into the back of a parked car, as he wa pulling into his parking spot. He gets out and starts walking towards the store. I asked him if he was going to leave a note for the owner of the car he just ran into. He screamed at me to mind my own business. I walked to the back to his truck to take a picture of his plate#, and he rushes me and attempts to knock my phone from my hand, but I moved in time. He's now in my face screaming at me telling me he's going to kick my a$$. I laughed in his face as I call the police. Guy left before cops got there, but I'm sure his day is going to get worse once the police catch up to him. The owner of the car worked there, and was very thankful I was there and turned him in. There was significant scratching and gouges in the bumper of her car.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mowin View Post
    I was pulling into a parking spot at Home Depot, and some idiot while on his phone, runs into the back of a parked car, as he wa pulling into his parking spot. He gets out and starts walking towards the store. I asked him if he was going to leave a note for the owner of the car he just ran into. He screamed at me to mind my own business. I walked to the back to his truck to take a picture of his plate#, and he rushes me and attempts to knock my phone from my hand, but I moved in time. He's now in my face screaming at me telling me he's going to kick my a$$. I laughed in his face as I call the police. Guy left before cops got there, but I'm sure his day is going to get worse once the police catch up to him. The owner of the car worked there, and was very thankful I was there and turned him in. There was significant scratching and gouges in the bumper of her car.
    Nice job!!!
    I wish more people were like you and stood up to people like that

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

good for you, not many people would do what you did

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With them!
    Thanks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

You did well. Let's hope the police catch up with him and that he is dealt with accordingly.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would hope he gets caught for hit & run & threats to you. i'll bet he either didn't have a license or insurance

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good for you for what you did. Threatening bodily harm is probably a worse crime than the hit and run. I hope they throw the book at him.

Spyder Garage

GOOD JOB!!!

Spyder Garage

Hi mowin,

Re: Guy left before cops got there, but I'm sure his day is going to get worse once the police catch up to him.

The laws in each state vary. Here, private party parking lots will not get anyone a ticket. That's because it is private property.

And good for you for standing up to help the crunchee.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good for you . . . they may not be able to ticket him for the accident, but his insurance company will have to pony up for the damages to the other person's car . . . and, depending on your state, his attempt to knock the phone from your hand could cause him to be charged with assault . . .
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He even went and took a picture of my plate# and said "how do you like it". Told him if he would have asked nicely, I would have stood by my truck for the pic. Police didnt say if he could get a ticket in HD's parking lot for being on his phone. I did mention to them he took pic of my plate#, and if any mischief occurs on my property, he would be the one to contact.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You handled it like a Pro!
    Leaving the scene of an accident, is a pretty major infraction... I hope that they nail him to the wall for it!
    (5 points... only a DWi/DWAI is more...)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mowin View Post
    Great job..............................glad to hear the punk cowarded out and booked!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YEA

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    With them!
    Thanks!
    .............IN SPADES ..............Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

NICE!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HOWEVER THIS PROBABLY APPLIES

[QUOTE=JerryB;893504]Hi mowin,

Re: Guy left before cops got there, but I'm sure his day is going to get worse once the police catch up to him.

The laws in each state vary. Here, private party parking lots will not get anyone a ticket. That's because it is private property.

And good for you for standing up to help the crunchee.

Jerry Baumchen[/QUOTE....................But I think regarding Motor Veh. laws and Regs , once you invite / allow the public free access to the property it is then considered a " PUBLIC HIGHWAY "..........If you are correct then anyone could get rip roaring drunk and drive around in that parking lot with nothing to fear from the POLICE....no DUI /DWI, do you really think that is the case ???????...............just saying .....Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Well done..!!

probably nit the first time he has done this. Just walking off to shop would indicate this. Hope this time proves to be the one that nails him down. Thanks to you this will happen... thanks...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for bing a stand up guy. I hope they nail that other dude
    Oldmanzues

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Good Move! On behalf of all those who've had their cars damaged in parking lots with the offender leaving the scene ----THANK YOU!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Leaving the Scene of An Accident"; they don't care where it happened... you run, and they've got you!
    At least that's how it works here in Noo-Yawk!