Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Citizen Pulls Cop Over, Gives Warning.

Most wouldn't care but this guy has balls of steel and obviously knows the law to be pulling this off.
    I don't think I could ever get myself involved like he did.

Policing the police....somebody's got to do it.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Without starting something...I would give the officer an A for his calmness, coolness, and civility.

The man was out to make trouble and his premise was on the weak side. Looking for 15 minutes of fame.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry but i think the guy is a jerk. if his daughter needed help and this cop said i can't because i am in a unregistered unmarked car he would have a law suit against the cop as fast as he could pull over the next cop
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The jerk was looking to provoke an incident, that he could "Youtube" for about a zillion hits...

Sickening!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Law enforcement is taking a real beating lately. Most of it brought on by a few "overzealous" cops. I agree with others, this guy just wanted to create trouble. How much time did he waste waiting for an unmarked car to ride by? The deputy could just as easily said he was undercover. He was honest in his answer and yes, he was patient with the guy. Quite a few of our deputies, local police and troopers drive unmarked cars for traffic control. This guy needs to get a life.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

I agree!!!!

Spyder Garage

x2

Spyder Garage

OK........................... The guy who stopped the officer explained to the officer that it was illegal by state law for him to be pulling people over in an unmarked police unit for a traffic violation. He did not say that he couldn't drive it or use it for other police business, just that their particular state had a law that stated that an unmarked car can not be used for traffic enforcement. Had i been the officer i would have found out immediately if i was disregarding the law and taken appropriate action, the citizen could of and should have contacted the police department supervisor and discussed it with him instead of the officer on the street.

Just my .02 cents worth

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Unmarked cars pull for traffic violations in Virginia regularly.

And I truly believe our state has more bad cops than good cops...full of egos and commonly overstepping their authority.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Without starting something...I would give the officer an A for his calmness, coolness, and civility.

The man was out to make trouble and his premise was on the weak side. Looking for 15 minutes of fame.
    I agree!
    3:16

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

if he is right about the law then he did nothing wrong, anyone with a job should be required to know their job & those in
    an authority position should be very well aware of how to do their job. If you don't like the law then bring it to the attention
    of the public & to your local lawmakers to have it changed.
    To me it is like when i see a police officer driving & on his cell phone it shows a complete lack of respect for the law that they
    are paid to uphold.
    A friend of mine called to tell me this right after it happened last week: he was at a traffic light & pulled up next to a police car,
    he observed the officer on his cell phone & then the light changed & he went on his way. The officer turned on his lights &
    pulled my friend over, came up to his car & told him he observed him not wearing his seat belt. My friend said to the officer he
    saw him at the light on his cell phone with a personal call. The officer turned around got in his car & left. I guess my friend was
    right.
    It is a petty thing but it is illegal & an officer should know better especially one that pulls someone over for a seat belt after he
    hangs up on his cell phone. What I would like to know, what other illegal activities behind the wheel or otherwise does this
    double standard officer do?!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Unmarked cars pull for traffic violations in Virginia regularly.

And I truly believe our state has more bad cops than good cops...full of egos and commonly overstepping their authority.
    They're probably just cranky after chasing around un-neutered stray pets, driving in 750 hp PonyCars...
    I'll give the LEOs the benefit of the doubt; they protect me and my family...

Spyder Garage

I will give them the benefit of the doubt too but when they break the law it should go down a lot harder on them & let
    the judge hear their excuse.

Spyder Garage

Default Pull overs

I live in the state of Wa and see unmarked police cars pulling folks over all the time. I think I will check and see if that is ok or not. I have a couple of friends that are officers or retired officers and will ask them. BTW the guy that pulled over the officer is a local activist so I have heard.

Spyder Garage

In most states the law regarding cell phone use while driving does not apply to police, EMS or firefighters.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default REALLY

...Well goody, goody for you. Do you want a Trophy or will a simple Medal make you feel like a HERO........get real..... Mike ( The above refers to the Idiot interviewer in the VIDEO and not iSpyder123 )
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 10-21-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    In most states the law regarding cell phone use while driving does not apply to police, EMS or firefighters.
    yes it does when on a personal call.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How can you tell that it's a personal call?
    As I said; they'll get a bit of leeway from me...

Spyder Garage

you can tell by manerisms when on a phone & remember the cop didn't say anything when he walked away from my friends
    car. If push comes to shove phone records could be checked.
    P.S. if why would an officer use a phone not his radio if it were for work?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...Well goody, goody for you. Do you want a Trophy or will a simple Medal make you feel like a HERO........get real..... Mike
    I hope you know that I posted a link that uses the default color of red and that you clicked it and read it and are making that reply to the author of the link and not directly at me.
    If not than I want a Real Hero Medal and a Real Hero Trophy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...Well goody, goody for you. Do you want a Trophy or will a simple Medal make you feel like a HERO........get real..... Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by iSpyder123 View Post
    I hope you know that I posted a link that uses the default color of red and that you clicked it and read it and are making that reply to the author of the link and not directly at me.

Saw that... Classic case of engaging mouth (or keyboard) before brain has fully spun up...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While the way he went about this is questionable, the statement he made at the end of the video speaks volume. The Constitution not only provides for our rights, but also provides for a "power check" of the people in public service. That can't be overlooked.

I spent enough time defending it, I don't want so see it discarded now....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    I'm sorry but i think the guy is a jerk. if his daughter needed help and this cop said i can't because i am in a unregistered unmarked car he would have a law suit against the cop as fast as he could pull over the next cop

Thats the very reason this law is in place so that your daughter would not get pulled over for a traffic violation late at night from an unmarked vehicle.

jmo

on another note :
    I have the same pair of sunglasses that the officer was wearing in the video, Oakleys!

On my second set as the first ones I accidentally ran over

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CLARIFICATION

Quote Originally Posted by iSpyder123 View Post
    ​I have added a " clarification "........I'm sure everyone knew who I was referring to ...................except shelbydave .....Mike